Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

I saw something a while back that had twickenham at 25k capacity under social distancing rule but can’t remember the specifics of it. That would fit between Matt’s 20-30% rule. 

I do think in scotland it will be masks anywhere from the queues to get in all the way to when you’re out of the stadium 

Wonder if they'll make any rules on buying food and drink because the queues for a pint or a snack pre match and at HT are probably biggest risk factors for social distancing, or lack of it. Imagine how long the queue will be if everyone has to be 2m apart. Can't see people taking it seriously for long either.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I haven't read the whole thread.

Edited by Mantra

5 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Wonder if they'll make any rules on buying food and drink because the queues for a pint or a snack pre match and at HT are probably biggest risk factors for social distancing, or lack of it. Imagine how long the queue will be if everyone has to be 2m apart. Can't see people taking it seriously for long either.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I haven't read the whole thread.

Very unlikely that kiosks will be open because of the way the queues go towards the back wall even at the best of times. They’ll want people to spend as little time as possible downstairs so go to the toilet and that’s your lot. 

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Very unlikely that kiosks will be open because of the way the queues go towards the back wall even at the best of times. They’ll want people to spend as little time as possible downstairs so go to the toilet and that’s your lot. 

Surely clubs will be itching to sell food and drink though, it must bring it a large amount of revenue to clubs at this level.

Maybe clubs will go the American route and have someone walking around the seated areas selling hotdogs out of a big thing strapped around their neck.

Instead of the club shop open on match days we just have a guy with a T-Shirt cannon.

😂

Edited by Mantra

I don’t think it’s the queuing that’s the problem at kiosks as much as people congregating if you can’t take alcoholic drinks back to your seat. Surely it’s much easier in the current circumstances to just take a flask of tea, coffee or bovril if you want a drink at half time and leave the alcohol for celebrating later after we’ve won?

Edited by Whitesince63

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

I don’t think it’s the queuing that’s the problem at kiosks as much as people congregating if you can’t take alcoholic drinks back to your seat. Surely it’s much easier in the current circumstances to just take a flask of tea, coffee or bovril if you want a drink at half time and leave the alcohol for celebrating later after we’ve won?

What about hot chocolate: can we take that too? 

12 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Surely clubs will be itching to sell food and drink though, it must bring it a large amount of revenue to clubs at this level.

Maybe clubs will go the American route and have someone walking around the seated areas selling hotdogs out of a big thing strapped around their neck.

Instead of the club shop open on match days we just have a guy with a T-Shirt cannon.

😂

The trade off will be that if clubs want to make money from concourse operations then they’d have to accept a lower seating capacity 

11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The trade off will be that if clubs want to make money from concourse operations then they’d have to accept a lower seating capacity 

What happens then if for example we are told ok so you want the concourses open you can have 6k in. Do they open them and think we’ve got the ticket money anyway for 8k? 

9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

What happens then if for example we are told ok so you want the concourses open you can have 6k in. Do they open them and think we’ve got the ticket money anyway for 8k? 

It would be up to the club, but I expect the risk of 2,000 people not renewing their season tickets would very much counterbalance even a season’s worth of takings on the concourse. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt

Maybe too late a stage to start trying to get the permission and stuff in place to do this but I wonder if some penned in outdoor eating & drinking zone could be set up like they have outside the away end at Derby, that way can keep the fixed bars shut and the concourse moving more freely. 

Wouldn't fancy it in December like, but I rarely drink that flat, frozen shite anyway.

10 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Maybe too late a stage to start trying to get the permission and stuff in place to do this but I wonder if some penned in outdoor eating & drinking zone could be set up like they have outside the away end at Derby, that way can keep the fixed bars shut and the concourse moving more freely. 

Wouldn't fancy it in December like, but I rarely drink that flat, frozen shite anyway.

Peterborough stood outside freezing with a snide bulmers😀

Reading do it too 

31 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Can finally got those tents around the stadium perimeter that were on the original drawings. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

@Traf is all over it

What about opening some of the suites for the match catering? The one under east stand is huge, is it called The Platinum Suite? We have catering all over the stadium,  if I remember correctly, that isn't normally open to regular fans that with a little imagination could be utilised if required.

On 30/08/2020 at 22:54, tkonion said:

What about opening some of the suites for the match catering? The one under east stand is huge, is it called The Platinum Suite? We have catering all over the stadium,  if I remember correctly, that isn't normally open to regular fans that with a little imagination could be utilised if required.

I’ve just received the renewal details for the Platinum Suite this morning (I’ve been pestering them for weeks). If there’s a similar take up to last season and with the new Covid restrictions in force there’ll be no scope to open up that area to other fans I’m afraid.