Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

at 50% discount, we would need to double ST Sales.

Could you really see us selling 16k season tickets in League 1/2?

We're not Bradford you know.

Also at a 50% discount there ain't a cat in hell's chance of tempting those back who didn't renew last season. 

The discount needs to be seen a reward for those who renewed not a punishment for those that didn't. Like my good self.🙂 

Tricky balance. 

Edited by mickbrown

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Agreed and spot on.

I'm okay with it, but I will assume the overall majority won't be.

At least we get a golden brick and a golden ST, and I'm quite happy about 😁

I actually think the opposite, the majority will be ok with it & think that paying £10 a game or £13 a game is bloody good value, regardless of what's happened this season (as others have said its dearer at some non league grounds) 

Most fans who bought for this season knew that it would be unlikely that we would get back in, so I honestly don't know what some expected the club to do, charge £5 a game ? and at the same time improve the team. 

48 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

It may be me who has not read it properly. I may owe you an apology.

I cant see the usual early purchase discount, plus the loyalty.

It appears the normal early purchase has been renamed the loyaly bonus.

I read it this:

Those who has ST last season (whether the asked for a refund or not) have the oportunity to get them 10% cheaper if they get them by 6th June.

Everyone else, full price.

Lifeline is the normal discount.

£715 for our 3 last year, £660 this.

*Also, any supporter who held a season ticket during 2020/21 season and ultimately dropped off or cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic will also have the opportunity to purchase a season ticket during the early purchase renewals period.

^^^ Thats the bit that may cause uproar.

Why would that cause uproar?

They won't be getting the discount

2 hours ago, tomski said:

I think it’s been bob on. You were offered a refund if not keen. I appreciate everyone’s circumstances are different but I wanted to be money to go to the club and I’m fairly sure it has.

Renewed

Surely, you can't moan if you didn't request a refund and we were told early in the pandemic that it was 10% off for next season. Some folks!

2 hours ago, burnden said:

Renewed £299 with lifeline ... Can't wait to get back in my seat.

But I want more shots on target at them prices

Aye some would moan if the club sent a taxi to pick them up & drop them off, with free ale all game. Its like they were forced to buy one (arm up the back) last season knowing that we wouldn't get back in. Surely most of us bought a ST last season out of loyalty for the club, to put money in the coffers etc.

I actually think that these prices are too low and may affect the type of players the club can afford to enable us to progress, regardless of whether we are in League 1 or 2 next season.

I can't recall what we used to pay to get into Burnden but I bet these aren't much more expensive ?

Edited by Black Sheep

The communication is a bit strange, the price to pay is nearer 15% less than full price.

Also the rewards scheme they talked about last year continues. 

Seems the story is better than the headlines . 

10 minutes ago, Ani said:

The communication is a bit strange, the price to pay is nearer 15% less than full price.

Also the rewards scheme they talked about last year continues. 

Seems the story is better than the headlines . 

It's 10% off last season's prices .

Why are people saying that we knew about not seeing a game this season? Not the case at all every football club wrote the first 3 months off but had hopes of a return before Xmas

end of the day people have there own price on things and what’s worth it (personally it’s  just ok) and unfortunately for the club they have no say on government guidelines/rules come Aug so some may just wait 

5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Why are people saying that we knew about not seeing a game this season? Not the case at all every football club wrote the first 3 months off but had hopes of a return before Xmas

end of the day people have there own price on things and what’s worth it (personally it’s  just ok) and unfortunately for the club they have no say on government guidelines/rules come Aug so some may just wait 

That's one of the upsides of not getting a discount.

No rush for deadlines, I can hang on until the start of the season, see what the lay of the land is regarding covid.

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm not sure fella, I think there will be a lot who aren't happy and for reasons that they think will be valid, if you can afford it or look at it in a positive light like you just have, some will be happy, unfortunately some won't, human nature. But I'm more in agreement with Med.

The club could do more on the catering side, vouchers on drink and food and maybe the 1st round of the league Cup and JPT free.

So if £10 a game in the North & £13 a game in the East & West are to expensive. what do you suggest the club should charge ?

These prices are already ridiculously cheap as they are, apart from maybe Bradford who give them away I'll be surprised if many others in League 1 or 2 charge lower prices for seating.

18 minutes ago, Traf said:

Folk about moaned about the club's perilous financial position for several of the past few years. They've complained about how badly managed the club was and now that the current owners are trying to run it as a business, they're getting moaned at too.

I think Ms Brittan et al have sat down and considered it for a long time to work out what's the most they can charge without pissing too many fans off, whilst also selling them as cheap as they can realistically afford to. That's why they're more successful in business than most of us. (Obviously we've some senior captains of industry on here, so that bit doesn't apply to you)

This year's ticket is cheaper than last years.
Last years ticket price could have got me a cheap week away all-inclusive somewhere warm
This year's price won't get you a weekend in a caravan.
It's all relative.

At the end of the day an adult and an under-18 can watch games for the combined pittance of £11.91.
Jesus Christ, they might as well open the doors for free and fuck off home until the money runs out.

Absolutely spot on.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Traf said:

Folk about moaned about the club's perilous financial position for several of the past few years. They've complained about how badly managed the club was and now that the current owners are trying to run it as a business, they're getting moaned at too.

I think Ms Brittan et al have sat down and considered it for a long time to work out what's the most they can charge without pissing too many fans off, whilst also selling them as cheap as they can realistically afford to. That's why they're more successful in business than most of us. (Obviously we've some senior captains of industry on here, so that bit doesn't apply to you)

Last years ticket price could have got me a cheap week away all-inclusive somewhere warm
It's all relative.

At the end of the day an adult and an under-18 can watch games for the combined pittance of £11.91.
Jesus Christ, they might as well open the doors for free and fuck off home until the money runs out.

Sums it up perfectly 👏.

We will be renewing 👍

19 minutes ago, Traf said:

It's all relative.

Spot on. I really don't see what more they can do before they start harming us financially.Also believe Sharon and the new owners are very grateful for the support this season. Unlike over owners i dont feel they take us for granted

Like the names on wall idea and discount on last years price. Im in again 

36 minutes ago, Traf said:

It's all relative.

In one!

39 minutes ago, Traf said:

It's all relative.

Well said Traf.

And if we go up, we'll have no trouble shifting 8k.

Club will feel like it's moving in the right direction. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Do exsistant ST holders get auto-renewal ? 

You need to opt for the direct debit payment that doesn’t auto

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Surely, you can't moan if you didn't request a refund and we were told early in the pandemic that it was 10% off for next season. Some folks!

Were we allowed to / did anyone request a refund for this season ? 2020/2021 ? I haven’t seen anything about this anywhere ? 

Apart from smart people who signed up via DD and cancelled it; therefore they wouldn’t have paid for the ticket but then now can get a ticket for 2021/2022 for a discounted rate !