Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

15 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I'm not going unless Hawaiian hula girls exalt my presence, throwing petals in my path as I approach and serve me free Bovril at half-time for under a tenner.

Some of that will happen...

Hawaiian hula girls exalt my presence, throwing petals in my path as I approach and serve me free Bovril at half-time for under a tenner.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Folk about moaned about the club's perilous financial position for several of the past few years. They've complained about how badly managed the club was and now that the current owners are trying to run it as a business, they're getting moaned at too.

I think Ms Brittan et al have sat down and considered it for a long time to work out what's the most they can charge without pissing too many fans off, whilst also selling them as cheap as they can realistically afford to. That's why they're more successful in business than most of us. (Obviously we've some senior captains of industry on here, so that bit doesn't apply to you)

This year's ticket is cheaper than last years.
Last years ticket price could have got me a cheap week away all-inclusive somewhere warm
This year's price won't get you a weekend in a caravan.
It's all relative.

At the end of the day an adult and an under-18 can watch games for the combined pittance of £11.91.
Jesus Christ, they might as well open the doors for free and fuck off home until the money runs out.

Absolutely spot on sir.

I hope we can reward Sharon's faith by backing this very fair offer with similar numbers to last year, whatever division we're in.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Folk about moaned about the club's perilous financial position for several of the past few years. They've complained about how badly managed the club was and now that the current owners are trying to run it as a business, they're getting moaned at too.

I think Ms Brittan et al have sat down and considered it for a long time to work out what's the most they can charge without pissing too many fans off, whilst also selling them as cheap as they can realistically afford to. That's why they're more successful in business than most of us. (Obviously we've some senior captains of industry on here, so that bit doesn't apply to you)

This year's ticket is cheaper than last years.
Last years ticket price could have got me a cheap week away all-inclusive somewhere warm
This year's price won't get you a weekend in a caravan.
It's all relative.

At the end of the day an adult and an under-18 can watch games for the combined pittance of £11.91.
Jesus Christ, they might as well open the doors for free and fuck off home until the money runs out.

Well said

• Site Supporter

Can't grumble at all.

Don't know what was expected. The club has had to carry on paying wages despite obvious income dips. Some cuts no doubt but wholesale furloughing was impossible as football has been allowed to continue, as I'm sure we're are thankful for.

One thing is for sure, we won't have made huge profits to fund large drops in season ticket prices, and our owners aren't billionaires. They are however appreciated by staff and liked and respected by fans. They certainly seem to "get it" and have brought fans, the club and the community together- did anyone see the feature on us, Everton and Leicester the other day?

We had the choice of refunds but chose to leave the money there: don't quite see the point of doing that, then expecting loads back. 

After where we've been I'd rather have these owners and another season in league two than some boom and bust merchants.

45 minutes ago, petchy said:

Were we allowed to / did anyone request a refund for this season ? 2020/2021 ? I haven’t seen anything about this anywhere ? 

Apart from smart people who signed up via DD and cancelled it; therefore they wouldn’t have paid for the ticket but then now can get a ticket for 2021/2022 for a discounted rate ! 

I think that you are right, Mr Petchy, the option of refunds was for 2019/20. The club were clear in their literature that there was no possiblity of a refund for 20/21, so caveat emptor.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I think that you are right, Mr Petchy, the option of refunds was for 2019/20. The club were clear in their literature that there was no possiblity of a refund for 20/21, so caveat emptor.

Thing is, that notwithstanding, no one had to buy a season ticket. Folk did so safe in the knowledge we would miss games, but for greater good of our club.

Doesn't add up that they would do so, and then subsequently complain about the level of discount.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Its alright for you and your hefty pension 😉

Cant wait mate for some good aways and a good catch up, where's Howard 👀

Last Saturday...

watching the game at mine with a beer or two ( I’m his carer, so it’s fine). 😇

End of the game I got him a taxi for Preston station. He fell asleep and the taxi took him back to his house near Hulton Park. 🤣

Anyone not happy with pricing can go and watch some cheap local non league football 2 leagues (maybe 3) below BWFC for 3 quid entry including a bag of chips and a reach around of the tea lady and a chance of a half time substitute appearance.... 

Oh hang on: New Season Ticket Holders 

Adults £270

Concession £215

18-21s £110

12-17s £65

16 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Anyone not happy with pricing can go and watch some cheap local non league football 2 leagues (maybe 3) below BWFC for 3 quid entry including a bag of chips and a reach around of the tea lady and a chance of a half time substitute appearance.... 

Adults £270

Concession £215

18-21s £110

12-17s £65

Matchday prices.

• Adults £15
  • Concession £12
  • 18-21s £7
  • 12-17s £5

So it’s cheaper if I buy a season ticket at Bolton rather than pay game by game at Victory park. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
54 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Adults £270

Concession £215

18-21s £110

12-17s £65

This tea lady you speak of......

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Sorted, 314 dabs...bargain, that seems more than 10%, so no complaints at all.

Anyway same seat and a golden brick and ST 👍

Got my lifeline discount too 

Folk are getting the discount and the actual price/subsequent cost per game mixed up.

Its not the fact that it is relatively inexpensive, it’s that those people have not been fairly rewarded.

Two different things.

MMW if the dross served up pre Xmas had continued then they would have done more.

Edited by captainmed

People will always find fault with it and not everyone can be catered for. 

Personally very impressed and hopefully people will back it (which is seems they have done).

we all wanted a sustainable club and this is my they are not being dished out for free. 

hopefully a decent summer recruiting players for a serious push will show we are on the way forward. 

well done BWFC 

I haven't had a season ticket for a number of years due to the number of games I can actually get to, saying that with iFollow this season I have really got back into watching us an at these prices I will probably look to buy one, but as I still won't get to go to most home games are there any ways I can donate to the club to offer season tickets/tickets to those less fortunate? 

I know I can donate to the club in otherways, but want to make sure it goes to something like this.

On the discounts you do also have to factor in iFollow, season ticket holders got this without further charge for all home games, which equates to something like £210, couple this with the discounts now offered and for single adult tickets this means it cost £24 or £87 extra for last season. Yes this diminished if you buy more than one ticket but for some last season would have seen a profit over watching every game and paying separately. I know ifollow isn't great but it was the only option.

My issue isn’t with the price of a seat per game compared with other clubs, non-league, cinema, pub, etc. It is decent value. The cost isn’t an issue for me, I am fortunate as I can afford it 

My view is that some ST’s such as myself who have supported the club for donkeys don’t feel as though a £35 discount is fair when we paid our money upfront to support the club when it was most needed

There are different views and the club has to balance these off and only time will tell - if they get 8 tho, then they will have made the right decision

Back page of BEN today “Whites offer fans reward”. That’s not how I see it and a more balance view of this debate would be to look at the other side. The BEN has taken the press release from BWFC and simply cut and paste

Iles says inside that we were given a 10% discount as promised. I never saw that mentioned last year. He also says we were offered a refund but that was for the end of 19/20, we have never been offered a refund on 20/21

its really important BWFC keep as many ST’s on board as possible. I think FV have done a great job so far but why could we not have been consulted like we were on the fans survey with regards to the 19/20 refunds

I’m sure there are other long standing ST holders who feel the same way but whose view isn’t been heard either by the club or local media 

16 minutes ago, Hutch said:

My issue isn’t with the price of a seat per game compared with other clubs, non-league, cinema, pub, etc. It is decent value. The cost isn’t an issue for me, I am fortunate as I can afford it 

My view is that some ST’s such as myself who have supported the club for donkeys don’t feel as though a £35 discount is fair when we paid our money upfront to support the club when it was most needed

There are different views and the club has to balance these off and only time will tell - if they get 8 tho, then they will have made the right decision

Back page of BEN today “Whites offer fans reward”. That’s not how I see it and a more balance view of this debate would be to look at the other side. The BEN has taken the press release from BWFC and simply cut and paste

Iles says inside that we were given a 10% discount as promised. I never saw that mentioned last year. He also says we were offered a refund but that was for the end of 19/20, we have never been offered a refund on 20/21

its really important BWFC keep as many ST’s on board as possible. I think FV have done a great job so far but why could we not have been consulted like we were on the fans survey with regards to the 19/20 refunds

I’m sure there are other long standing ST holders who feel the same way but whose view isn’t been heard either by the club or local media 

Tell you what. If you promise never to step foot inside the ground again I will refund your season ticket money from last season personally? Deal?

20 minutes ago, Hutch said:

Wow. Someone who talks some sense. 

👊🏼