Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

I suppose the only measure would be how sales of other clubs are going to determine if it’s good or not

a quick butchers ipswich close to 10k with 9000 who had tickets last season all renewed and charlton around the 8500 mark 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I suppose the only measure would be how sales of other clubs are going to determine if it’s good or not

a quick butchers ipswich close to 10k with 9000 who had tickets last season all renewed and charlton around the 8500 mark 

Wigan about 150

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Only to try and get one up on Newcastle

To be fair both sets of fans go out of their way to explain how the club/s is in their blood as opposed to us non super fans so I’d expect nowt less

• Site Supporter

Number of STs sold us no bearing whatsoever on what we will achieve on the pitch 

If we play well people will turn up.

I don’t personally give a flying fuck about Ipswich, Charlton or whoever - Sunlan can sell 20k every week and still under achieve according to that way of thinking 

41 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Number of STs sold us no bearing whatsoever on what we will achieve on the pitch 

If we play well people will turn up.

I don’t personally give a flying fuck about Ipswich, Charlton or whoever - Sunlan can sell 20k every week and still under achieve according to that way of thinking 

Well said

I've got mine, as has my daughter.
Otherwise, ticket sales are no business of mine. 
Selling tickets becomes a pissing contest between fans of clubs.

When you consider that your average football is still at the lower end of the salary scale and invariably has kids to take with him/her, getting up to last year's figure would be an achievement, NOT a failure.

The owners have done what they can, but fans haven't seen a single game for 15 months and it's now three seasons since we actually saw a season completed from the stands... Brentford fiasco / early shutdown in 2020 / no fans at all 20-21.

There'll be a lot of fans wary of shelling more money out, as they might feel they're still owed something for what they've paid out. The iFollow thing last season was nice, if you're a single ST holder, but consider a family of four, paying out a grand to get 20/21 iFollow games, that they probably get via their dodgy £40/year IPTV. The club are doing what they can, but there's always going to be a shortfall. Shortfalls lead to less than 100% customer satisfaction, which inevitably leads to some drop off.

49 minutes ago, Traf said:

When you consider that your average football is still at the lower end of the salary scale and invariably has kids to take with him/her, getting up to last year's figure would be an achievement, NOT a failure.

The owners have done what they can, but fans haven't seen a single game for 15 months and it's now three seasons since we actually saw a season completed from the stands... Brentford fiasco / early shutdown in 2020 / no fans at all 20-21.

There'll be a lot of fans wary of shelling more money out, as they might feel they're still owed something for what they've paid out. The iFollow thing last season was nice, if you're a single ST holder, but consider a family of four, paying out a grand to get 20/21 iFollow games, that they probably get via their dodgy £40/year IPTV. The club are doing what they can, but there's always going to be a shortfall. Shortfalls lead to less than 100% customer satisfaction, which inevitably leads to some drop off.

How dare you talk sense on here!

ps got mine Friday and being owd & single it was a bargain. Bigger queue for the covid jab though.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Great post 

35 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

How dare you talk sense on here!

ps got mine Friday and being owd & single it was a bargain. Bigger queue for the covid jab though.

Good news all round.
I'm glad you got what you perceive to be a bargain and I'm even happier that more people are getting jabbed.

4 hours ago, Traf said:

Once again summed up perfectly.

Just to add the getting to and from the stadium could be a concern from some as well.

Well done to everyone who turns up and supports us this season.  couldn't care less about other clubs.

Sorry not been on here for a while so might be raiking over old ground. 

I didn't renew last season for various reasons, but I remember the club saying that we couldn't reserve our old seats owing to restrictions if the ground had reopened last season. My question is, is that still the case? Trying to buy for this season and the tinterwebs asking me to choose my seat, when I look for my original seat it isn't an option. 

Going forward does that mean I can't get my hands on my original seat? Maybe it's a bit childish but I reckon I've spent over 7 grand on that moulded bit of plastic so would be a bit miffed if it's gone for good. 

1 hour ago, smeghead83 said:

I didn't renew last season for various reasons, but I remember the club saying that we couldn't reserve our old seats owing to restrictions if the ground had reopened last season. My question is, is that still the case? Trying to buy for this season and the tinterwebs asking me to choose my seat, when I look for my original seat it isn't an option. 

Going forward does that mean I can't get my hands on my original seat? Maybe it's a bit childish but I reckon I've spent over 7 grand on that moulded bit of plastic so would be a bit miffed if it's gone for good. 

you was able to get your st seat last season.

you may not have been allocated it in reduced capacity admissions.

If you didnt renew last season, there isnt a seat to renew, or someone else bought it last season.

Speak to the ticket office.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

If you didnt renew last season, there isnt a seat to renew, or someone else bought it last season.

This. Ask for one close to it.

3 hours ago, smeghead83 said:

Season ticket prices for the upper tiers are the same as for the lower tiers once again, which I read as the club hedging its bets on potential restricted allocations and having to move people to different sections of the syadium.

5 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

The seats were supposed to be reserved "until further notice". 

From the FAQs that were sent out at the start of last season:

Q: If I don't renew my existing seat by the Early Purchase Deadline of 6 September, will I lose my seat?

A: No.  All seats that haven't been renewed will be reserved until further notice.  Due to the impact of COVID19, the club understands that supporters may not be in a position to purchase their seat during this uncertain time.

Did I miss the notice that was given?  I, like many others, logged on today to find the seat I have had for 20 years, and assumed was still reserved due to the FAQ answer above, isn't available.

From  https://www.bwfc.co.uk/siteassets/documents/faqs---202021-tickets.pdf

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, chrisw99_2 said:

Did I miss the notice that was given?  I, like many others, logged on today to find the seat I have had for 20 years, and assumed was still reserved due to the FAQ answer above, isn't available.

I renewed fairly early in the process for the coming season. I visited the ticket office to do so. It meant I was able to look at the seating plan and move my three seats on WSL row X backwards two rows to row Z. It seemed, according to Ticket Office Man, the previous holder hadn’t renewed last season. 

I hadn’t even heard about the quoted FAQ as I’d never needed to.

5 hours ago, chrisw99_2 said:

Q: If I don't renew my existing seat by the Early Purchase Deadline of 6 September, will I lose my seat?

A: No.  All seats that haven't been renewed will be reserved until further notice.  Due to the impact of COVID19, the club understands that supporters may not be in a position to purchase their seat during this uncertain time.

You need to phone them or call down.

9 hours ago, chrisw99_2 said:

The seats were supposed to be reserved "until further notice". 

From  https://www.bwfc.co.uk/siteassets/documents/faqs---202021-tickets.pdf

I'd try today, as it appears there was no sales yesterday.

2021/22 Season Ticket Renewals – On sale 4 May 2021
Early Purchase Renewal & 10-Month Direct Debit Sign-Up Deadline – 6 June 2021
New Season Ticket Applications & Full Prices Apply – 7 June 2021
2021/22 Fixture Release Day – 24 June 2021
Seat Renewal & 9-Month Direct Debit Sign-Up Deadline – 4 July 2021
Seat Swap Window – 5 July 2021 – 7 July 2021 (new season ticket sales frozen during this period)
All Remaining Seats On Open Sale – 8 July 2021
2021/22 Season Commences – 7 August 2021

I will give them a ring today.  If they have sold my seat to someone else, when it's clearly stated it will be reserved for the people not able to justify renewing last season, I will be a tad annoyed.

It's like the people who couldn't get one last season due to what's going on have just been forgotten about, there have been no postal brochures, no emails, nothing.   It's only because I have been actively waiting till general sale happened yesterday that I assumed yesterday was the first chance I'd have to get my seat back.

Hmm, you can't ring.  If you ring the ticket office you get "ticket office phone line is closed until further notice to protect our staff from covid".   Tells you to ring Bolton Central instead.

When you do that, you get the same message.