Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

Fair play they said we’d get a discount

lets hope there’s no bullshit restrictions in place as not much will be confirmed before 6th June 

15 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Why's that then?

They’ve done the bare minimum. In 10% off. They said this would be based on how many games we got in to this season (ZERO). 

If you paid £450 to go somewhere; a show, concert or theatre. But instead only watched it on your telly at home. Would you want your money back ? Course you would! 

But because this is football. We have our blinkers on. This is the 3rd season we’ve been shafted. I’ve had a season ticket since I’ve been 7. It’s not about the money. It’s about doing what’s right. 

Of course every club needs money; but plenty of clubs this season have pro rata based on ifollow costs. Or rolled over to next season. Other clubs have reduced new tickets significantly. 

As we’ve seen over the last few years season ticket money doesn’t tick the club over. Every year we make a substantial loss. 

Wouldn’t  it have been nice for the club to reward loyal fans this next season. Of which, btw there is no guarantee we will even get in again ! 

Don’t tell me Sharon needs the money; these owners have significant wealth and season ticket money doesn’t scratch the surface!

12 minutes ago, jeep said:

Cheap as chips.

I'll be renewing.

Wasn't really bothered about a discount, but it is a nice touch by the club.

Spot on this .

No issues with it £248 to watch My Club .

No problem. 

Once more Shazza exceeds my expectations. 

Cannot wait to by her a pot of tea in the hotel.

There is no way they will get more than 4 thou by 7 June

BEN chief reporter who has spent the last few days silent on his Twitter feed says “Strong offer from Wanderers”. Jesus Christ

• Site Supporter

Let's all just pack up and leave Sharon to foot the bill then.

We knew we weren't getting into all the games this season, we took a gamble on just how many we would get in to. Nothing the club could do about cutting the season short the year before either.

I don't want 10% as a thank you for staying loyal. Promotion on saturday would be a better thank you but either way, i'm happy to pay again safe in the knowledge we might still not get all 23 games next season.

1 minute ago, Hutch said:

There is no way they will get more than 4 thou by 7 June

BEN chief reporter who has spent the last few days silent on his Twitter feed says “Strong offer from Wanderers”. Jesus Christ

They will quite easily. 

8 minutes ago, petchy said:

They’ve done the bare minimum. In 10% off. They said this would be based on how many games we got in to this season (ZERO). 

If you paid £450 to go somewhere; a show, concert or theatre. But instead only watched it on your telly at home. Would you want your money back ? Course you would! 

But because this is football. We have our blinkers on. This is the 3rd season we’ve been shafted. I’ve had a season ticket since I’ve been 7. It’s not about the money. It’s about doing what’s right. 

Of course every club needs money; but plenty of clubs this season have pro rata based on ifollow costs. Or rolled over to next season. Other clubs have reduced new tickets significantly. 

As we’ve seen over the last few years season ticket money doesn’t tick the club over. Every year we make a substantial loss. 

Wouldn’t  it have been nice for the club to reward loyal fans this next season. Of which, btw there is no guarantee we will even get in again ! 

Don’t tell me Sharon needs the money; these owners have significant wealth and season ticket money doesn’t scratch the surface!

Give your head a Wobble. 

Less that £15 quid to watch a match .

Less than £11 where I sit.

If some one guy you a bag of  gold . You would complain it was too heavy.

Either that or you are on a fishing trip and I have bitten.

Being that you are such a prolific poster on here for the last 7 years I would have expected a more rounded view.

1 minute ago, embankment said:

Give your head a Wobble. 

Less that £15 quid to watch a match .

Less than £11 where I sit.

If some one guy you a bag of  gold . You would complain it was too heavy.

Either that or you are on a fishing trip and I have bitten.

Being that you are such a prolific poster on here for the last 7 years I would have expected a more rounded view.

This is the point though £15 if you get in! And looks like your front room should be cheaper at £10 (per game) instead of £11. 

The amount of times you post is irrelevant! 

Point stands; blinkers come on as soon as football comes in to it! 

• Members
25 minutes ago, Hutch said:

This has got to be some kind of joke.....

I’ve backed my club with hard earned cash when I knew we wouldn’t be attending as I wanted to support them 

My “reward” is 10% off!!!!!!!!!

Get fucked

Off you pop then. 

£13 a game. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, petchy said:

This is the point though £15 if you get in! And looks like your front room should be cheaper at £10 (per game) instead of £11. 

The amount of times you post is irrelevant! 

Point stands; blinkers come on as soon as football comes in to it! 

You were offered a refund

Clearly, you ought to have taken it.

They did say it would be a reward, 10% strikes me as decent enough.

It's not like it's expensive to begin with.

Write to Sharon, she strikes me as a reasonable person and my give you your refund from last season, then you can decide if you want to buy a new season ticket.

But

You had your chance, I'd say it's too late to moan

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How cheap do folk want it to be? You can’t get in some non league grounds for £13 I’m sure it’s about that at Chorley to stand up in a shithole. 

I don't get it either.

Especially when a refund was offered.

I get that money is very tight, so I'm not having a go about that. Each to their own with cash.

Football supporting is a unique situation though. There'll be people who took a refund who then complain the beer should be subsidised or we should be paying £10k a week for players.

There will be strong views on both sides but I think this is a big, big mistake 

Time will tell if they have got this right and they do get close to 8 thou renewing

I would have proposed a 50% discount but supporters could have made a voluntary contribution of up to 50% discount back to the club and then received offers on a sliding scale depending on the contribution (free access to LOV for one game, Coca Cola cup match free, free coach to away game, etc). Think plenty would have supported this

• Members
7 minutes ago, Hutch said:

Time will tell if they have got this right and they do get close to 8 thou renewing

I would have proposed a 50% discount but supporters could have made a voluntary contribution of up to 50% discount back to the club and then received offers on a sliding scale depending on the contribution (free access to LOV for one game, Coca Cola cup match free, free coach to away game, etc). Think plenty would have supported this

You must be Jeff Bezos with your business mind and time travelling machine to the Coca Cola cup games 

8 minutes ago, Hutch said:

50%?????

Hahahahahaha.....

What a whopper....

Here's the thing. 

It is a season ticket, if you can afford a ticket it is your choice if you pay it. Mine is £314, Yoof £157. 

I did think there might be more for people who did not take a refund last year, but if that is the price I will decide if I want to pay it. As it is I probably will, have really missed the day out. If others choose not to their choice and fair enough to them. Some people will think they are too much some won't 

People do not have to make excuses if they decide not to renew and people who renew do not have to justify it. 

50 minutes ago, Hutch said:

This has got to be some kind of joke.....

I’ve backed my club with hard earned cash when I knew we wouldn’t be attending as I wanted to support them 

My “reward” is 10% off!!!!!!!!!

Get fucked

Did you want it for free??

11 minutes ago, Hutch said:

The free access for a game to LOV is a decent idea. But let's be honest the key factor in renewal is price other bells and whistles are a distraction 

• Members

So for arguments sake, let’s say 6k £300 ST’s are renewed, £1.8m

at 50% 

£900k

So you want the club you support to write off almost a million dabs to reward your loyalty.

Why not just get Sweaty Ken back in charge