Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Folk about moaned about the club's perilous financial position for several of the past few years. They've complained about how badly managed the club was and now that the current owners are trying to

Just rang to sort mine and tickets for next two home games.  Mentioned to woman in ticket office how good staff have been over last few months.  Her reply......’Well we all love the club.’ 

We likely wouldn’t have a club to watch on iFollow...

 

Folk are getting the discount and the actual price/subsequent cost per game mixed up.

Its not the fact that it is relatively inexpensive, it’s that those people have not been fairly rewarded.

Two different things.

MMW if the dross served up pre Xmas had continued then they would have done more.

Edited by captainmed
Link to post
Share on other sites

People will always find fault with it and not everyone can be catered for. 

Personally very impressed and hopefully people will back it (which is seems they have done).

we all wanted a sustainable club and this is my they are not being dished out for free. 
 

hopefully a decent summer recruiting players for a serious push will show we are on the way forward. 
 

well done BWFC 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had a season ticket for a number of years due to the number of games I can actually get to, saying that with iFollow this season I have really got back into watching us an at these prices I will probably look to buy one, but as I still won't get to go to most home games are there any ways I can donate to the club to offer season tickets/tickets to those less fortunate? 

I know I can donate to the club in otherways, but want to make sure it goes to something like this.

On the discounts you do also have to factor in iFollow, season ticket holders got this without further charge for all home games, which equates to something like £210, couple this with the discounts now offered and for single adult tickets this means it cost £24 or £87 extra for last season. Yes this diminished if you buy more than one ticket but for some last season would have seen a profit over watching every game and paying separately. I know ifollow isn't great but it was the only option.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue isn’t with the price of a seat per game compared with other clubs, non-league, cinema, pub, etc. It is decent value. The cost isn’t an issue for me, I am fortunate as I can afford it 

My view is that some ST’s such as myself who have supported the club for donkeys don’t feel as though a £35 discount is fair when we paid our money upfront to support the club when it was most needed

There are different views and the club has to balance these off and only time will tell - if they get 8 tho, then they will have made the right decision

Back page of BEN today “Whites offer fans reward”. That’s not how I see it and a more balance view of this debate would be to look at the other side. The BEN has taken the press release from BWFC and simply cut and paste

Iles says inside that we were given a 10% discount as promised. I never saw that mentioned last year. He also says we were offered a refund but that was for the end of 19/20, we have never been offered a refund on 20/21

its really important BWFC keep as many ST’s on board as possible. I think FV have done a great job so far but why could we not have been consulted like we were on the fans survey with regards to the 19/20 refunds

I’m sure there are other long standing ST holders who feel the same way but whose view isn’t been heard either by the club or local media 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hutch said:

My issue isn’t with the price of a seat per game compared with other clubs, non-league, cinema, pub, etc. It is decent value. The cost isn’t an issue for me, I am fortunate as I can afford it 

My view is that some ST’s such as myself who have supported the club for donkeys don’t feel as though a £35 discount is fair when we paid our money upfront to support the club when it was most needed

There are different views and the club has to balance these off and only time will tell - if they get 8 tho, then they will have made the right decision

Back page of BEN today “Whites offer fans reward”. That’s not how I see it and a more balance view of this debate would be to look at the other side. The BEN has taken the press release from BWFC and simply cut and paste

Iles says inside that we were given a 10% discount as promised. I never saw that mentioned last year. He also says we were offered a refund but that was for the end of 19/20, we have never been offered a refund on 20/21

its really important BWFC keep as many ST’s on board as possible. I think FV have done a great job so far but why could we not have been consulted like we were on the fans survey with regards to the 19/20 refunds

I’m sure there are other long standing ST holders who feel the same way but whose view isn’t been heard either by the club or local media 

 

Tell you what. If you promise never to step foot inside the ground again I will refund your season ticket money from last season personally? Deal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hutch said:

My issue isn’t with the price of a seat per game compared with other clubs, non-league, cinema, pub, etc. It is decent value. The cost isn’t an issue for me, I am fortunate as I can afford it 

My view is that some ST’s such as myself who have supported the club for donkeys don’t feel as though a £35 discount is fair when we paid our money upfront to support the club when it was most needed

There are different views and the club has to balance these off and only time will tell - if they get 8 tho, then they will have made the right decision

Back page of BEN today “Whites offer fans reward”. That’s not how I see it and a more balance view of this debate would be to look at the other side. The BEN has taken the press release from BWFC and simply cut and paste

Iles says inside that we were given a 10% discount as promised. I never saw that mentioned last year. He also says we were offered a refund but that was for the end of 19/20, we have never been offered a refund on 20/21

its really important BWFC keep as many ST’s on board as possible. I think FV have done a great job so far but why could we not have been consulted like we were on the fans survey with regards to the 19/20 refunds

I’m sure there are other long standing ST holders who feel the same way but whose view isn’t been heard either by the club or local media 

 

Wow. Someone who talks some sense. 
 

👊🏼

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, captainmed said:

 

Folk are getting the discount and the actual price/subsequent cost per game mixed up.

Its not the fact that it is relatively inexpensive, it’s that those people have not been fairly rewarded.

Two different things.

MMW if the dross served up pre Xmas had continued then they would have done more.

The only thing I’m looking at is that my season ticket for this year is £80ish cheaper than last years.

The club are rewarding my loyalty with £80 deduction on a season ticket at potentially higher level of football.

It could’ve been more. But like I say I’m sure if they could do it, they would have.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hutch said:

My issue isn’t with the price of a seat per game compared with other clubs, non-league, cinema, pub, etc. It is decent value. The cost isn’t an issue for me, I am fortunate as I can afford it 

My view is that some ST’s such as myself who have supported the club for donkeys don’t feel as though a £35 discount is fair when we paid our money upfront to support the club when it was most needed

There are different views and the club has to balance these off and only time will tell - if they get 8 tho, then they will have made the right decision

Back page of BEN today “Whites offer fans reward”. That’s not how I see it and a more balance view of this debate would be to look at the other side. The BEN has taken the press release from BWFC and simply cut and paste

Iles says inside that we were given a 10% discount as promised. I never saw that mentioned last year. He also says we were offered a refund but that was for the end of 19/20, we have never been offered a refund on 20/21

its really important BWFC keep as many ST’s on board as possible. I think FV have done a great job so far but why could we not have been consulted like we were on the fans survey with regards to the 19/20 refunds

I’m sure there are other long standing ST holders who feel the same way but whose view isn’t been heard either by the club or local media 

 

How much of a discount did you expect? Genuine question?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Petchy and hutch 

Never posted on here before (probably) and more vocal about ticket office matters than any of our recent promotion run in. 

Never seen in battlenips either. If only Gonzo was a mod he could ban em! 🤣 

Edited by stevieb
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Petchy and hutch 

Never posted on here before (probably) and more vocal about ticket office matters than any of our recent promotion run in. 

Never seen in battlenips either. If only Gonzo was a mod he could ban em! 🤣 

Yeah because your only a fan if you comment loads 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

How much of a discount did you expect? Genuine question?

 

Good question ! 
 

The point being raised is loads of clubs, and lots in a far worse position than us financially, have offered several alternatives and credits based on ZERO access to games in 2020/2021. 
 

Some have done pro-rata on ifollow games. 
Some have offered full credit towards 2021/2022

Some have given fans the option of donating 20/21 season ticket money to the club and to pay again for the 21/22 season .

On a stand-alone basis and a per game scenario for a typical season the prices quoted this year are reasonable.

A more balanced view from the press and further options from the club on what to, in my opinion, would have been better. Was it expected, no, would it have been nice given the crap we’ve gone through the last few years, Yes.

Welcome to the world of BWFC!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, petchy said:

Good question ! 
 

The point being raised is loads of clubs, and lots in a far worse position than us financially, have offered several alternatives and credits based on ZERO access to games in 2020/2021. 
 

Some have done pro-rata on ifollow games. 
Some have offered full credit towards 2021/2022

Some have given fans the option of donating 20/21 season ticket money to the club and to pay again for the 21/22 season .

On a stand-alone basis and a per game scenario for a typical season the prices quoted this year are reasonable.

A more balanced view from the press and further options from the club on what to, in my opinion, would have been better. Was it expected, no, would it have been nice given the crap we’ve gone through the last few years, Yes.

Welcome to the world of BWFC!

 

Why dont you go and support one of these other clubs then

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
2 hours ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

I haven't had a season ticket for a number of years due to the number of games I can actually get to, saying that with iFollow this season I have really got back into watching us an at these prices I will probably look to buy one, but as I still won't get to go to most home games are there any ways I can donate to the club to offer season tickets/tickets to those less fortunate? 

I know I can donate to the club in otherways, but want to make sure it goes to something like this.

On the discounts you do also have to factor in iFollow, season ticket holders got this without further charge for all home games, which equates to something like £210, couple this with the discounts now offered and for single adult tickets this means it cost £24 or £87 extra for last season. Yes this diminished if you buy more than one ticket but for some last season would have seen a profit over watching every game and paying separately. I know ifollow isn't great but it was the only option.

 

 

I know another Cambridge area Wanderers fan I could put you in touch with. Well, I know his dad.

Actually thinking about it, it could well be you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Thinking about it, why would anyone be offered a refund for this season?

All games played and full access to ifollow to watch them included.

We knew the score when tickets were sold- obvious we weren't getting back in soon especially once late summer cases went through the roof.

If some (I'd guess very few) st holders are genuinely annoyed, then I think they've probably pitched it right, as someone will always moan.

Of course it's all about opinions, but in mine complaining about pricing is quite selfish, especially if you can afford it.

Loads of fans have succumbed and Emma lost her dad to the bastard virus. Sure they'd have been happy to survive and take the discount offered.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having at go at people because they expected a better deal is a bit harsh, if those people stumped up last year you can not question their loyalty. 

What I do struggle with is what they were hoping for. I sit ESL very good seats it is costing for me and Yoof £450 for the year. So @petchy and @Hutch what do you think I should be paying for an adult and a 22 year old ? Works at about £10 per gamel

If it is the % discount would you be happy if standard prices were higher so the club could say we were getting a higher % discount ? I did expect the loyalty discount to be higher but expected tickets generally to be more so overall it is ok by me. 
In the blurb also mentions the reward scheme will be up and running so let's see what that involves as well. 
 

£315 for a season ticket, a plaque on the wall, a rewards scheme, a team that is going forward , owners who give a shit, a manager wanting to play football there have been worse times to be a Bolton fan 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stevieb said:

No but you lurked until you could complain about ticket prices! 

Not moaned have I ? When have I said the price is unreasonable? 
 

My point is more could have been done from the monies taken from the 2020/2021 season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, petchy said:

Not moaned have I ? When have I said the price is unreasonable? 
 

My point is more could have been done from the monies taken from the 2020/2021 season. 

I am genuinely confused. You think the price is fair ? What more could have been done if you do not mean ticket price ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.