Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rochdale away

radcliffe white

39 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I enjoyed it, watching us pass the ball, switch play and pressing as a unit up high. The football is actually enjoyable to watch again. 

Anyway best song of the night:

Yoan Zouma

Yoan Zouma

He's better than Wheater

Better than Beevers

His cocks fucking massive

😂

Its a shame that he'll never be half as good as either of those.....

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Are we really still miles off full match fitness?

I'm not particularly worried but it appears to me now that we're struggling because of a lack of a proper goal threat not match fitness.

Yep. Hill says he spoke to a sports scientist who reckoned we were 6-8 weeks behind the league one sides who'd had full pre seasons and that we'd never fully catch up this season. 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nowt like a bit of support to the youngsters.

Look - he's 21. He's not where he should be. Hill has criticised him and our youth in general. At 21 he should be established. 

The thing with Zouma is physically he's right there. But he can't seem to concentrate for long periods of time - its a problem for a centre back. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Look - he's 21. He's not where he should be. Hill has criticised him and our youth in general. At 21 he should be established. 

The thing with Zouma is physically he's right there. But he can't seem to concentrate for long periods of time - its a problem for a centre back. 

How many top centre backs are there at 21. It's arguably the most technical position and takes a lot of learning.

Hill has been critical of the u23 system and the way we've used them as the players haven't had the experience against the big lads.

Hill is however giving him a chance now. Perhaps some catching up to do, but another expert witness statement that he will never be any good doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Plenty of time.

• Members
8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He should be established at 21?

How many starts has he had? How many full seasons has he had a a full pro?

Establishment comes with time, experience, making errors.  This is his learning curve and it takes time to develop. 
Concentration is a mental ability and you don’t become established without experience. 

No point in complaining about results or the quality of the players we have - this team was put together with kids and a well-scraped barrel and this season results are not as important as performances. All we can expect is that their fitness continues to improve and they give everything for the cause which seems to be increasingly happening. We mustn't lose sight of the fact that we are lucky to exist and that we are rebuilding from scratch. We might be shit but at least we are getting plenty of effort and an attempt to play a more entertaining brand of football and as Hill points out we should be enjoying it.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

It's OK, we can concentrate on the league now 😬

We could still go through if we beat Manchester City U21's at the end of the month.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Think Lowe is centre half & Marc iles has got it wrong. 

How very dare you! Marc Iles is a very esteemed journalist I'll have you know.

12 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Poor that tonight we couldn’t beat a second string Rochdale side with the squad we had out. They had two 16 year olds on the bench as well 

To be fair, they could have had 6 year olds or even my mother on the bench but I'm not seeing how that is even a factor in anything.

6 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

His performance last Saturday was better than several I witnessed Beevers, Burke and Dervite have in the last few years.

Far too early to be writing him off.

• The topic was unpinned