Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich home

burnden

• Site Supporter

Pleased again with the effort - expected it to be fair. Looked a very soft penalty. Thank fook for Matthews or it could have been more.

Not going to criticise the stayaways either. Let’s see what happens when everything settles down. It’s a pain in the arse having to buy tickets every game so we’ll have a better idea of crowds once season tickets are out

4 minutes ago, burnden said:

That was bloody hard to watch .  

Rough with the smooth, I agree totally, but we must be the envy of all the leagues supporting our team through this.   Our young lads are fantastic, our fans are too and I’m so bloody proud of everyone who was there today.  Fuck em, we’re Bolton Wanderers and we’re still here.

Crowd was the most disappointing aspect of today.

Sunshine and just £20 to stand In solidarity for a couple of hours with fellow whites and just watch a game of football.We couldn’t even do that!! 

Who knows what this week brings for the club as a whole? Could be one of the last times a home match happens. Does BWFC mean as much to people as they make out?

COYWM 

1 minute ago, Piemon said:

Crowd was the most disappointing aspect of today.

Sunshine and just £20 to stand In solidarity for a couple of hours with fellow whites and just watch a game of football.We couldn’t even do that!! 

Who knows what this week brings for the club as a whole? Could be one of the last times a home match happens. Does BWFC mean as much to people as they make out?

COYWM 

Crowd was wank end of 

Yep this is becoming very very difficult. 

En route to the ground and saw empty buses which in previous years were almost full 

car park behind the North stand half empty and remembering when there were parking space wars 

half the ground now shut when it used be to a hive of activity 

the concourse almost desolate when I used to love the hustle bustle and noise 

Watching a group of lads in white who through no fault of their own shouldn’t be anywhere near a first team game

no anticipation, very little hope and resigned to getting beat. Heavily 

the whole club is a shell. Dying a slow, painful death. Almost begging to give up. 

The hardy few still turning out, doing their bit, hoping and praying for a better day. I just hope it comes and comes quick 

An old fella passed me just before kick off. Must’ve been about 85. One of those whose probably watched us for about 60 years. Hearing aid, walking stick, the lot. Everything appeared to be a struggle. He had an away shirt on and on the back he had printed ‘just believe’ 

had a wry smile to myself. Quite a poignant moment. And I just thought, well if he is. We all should. 

But it’s becoming increasingly difficult 

Edited by barrycowdrill

19 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

If we end up in L2 as most people think we will is today not where we are at? 

Even with new owners and players if we go down are we expecting more than 4.5 k on?

Will depend how we are doing as always. Over my 40+ years following I've learnt to not get too bothered how large the crowd is. All you can do is turn up yourself and others will do as they do. It used to wind me up when I was younger mind.

• Site Supporter

I’ve spent the day driving through France.

crowd is a combination of holidays (loads of people still away), uncertainty over the game taking place and the fact for many that paying £20 to watch us get tanked. 

If the rumours are actually true this time, ten hopefully today was as low as it will get attendance-wise.

15 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

An old fella passed me just before kick off. Must’ve been about 85. One of those whose probably watched us for about 60 years. Hearing aid, walking stick, the lot. Everything appeared to be a struggle. He had an away shirt on and on the back he had printed ‘just believe’  

He was sat in front of us calling the ref a cunt! 

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Equivalent to the sherpa van trophy 

can’t remember the name, got Bradford, city kids & dale in our group 

Bradford will bring thousands

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Most of them kids playing for us won't make it as pros anyway, that's the nature of the beast and they will have seen loads of others already fall by the wayside so will know that.

Circumstances meant I took my youngest kids today who know nothing about football and aren't fans at all. The youngest girl who is 11 asked me if she could go next week and she said it was the anger and the middle aged men screaming and shouting and swearing she had enjoyed the most. Loved the feel and atmosphere apparently so thanks to the shouting middle aged men in WSL for inspiring her.

Was it south end

I'd so, that'd be meldrew and barnstoneworth

Potty mouths 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Be lucky if the crowd is over 1000

Its irrelevant, its like discussing what the crowd for an U23 match will be.  Nobody does, because it doesnt matter.  This glorified U23 comp doesnt matter either, crowd could be 10 or 500, its not a 1st team game, for us or them.