Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Belgrade Wanderer

Mounts Kipper

Wow.

Thank you everyone for kind words and especially the support to bring me to UK for a game. 

It was always my huge wish to attend the game at UniBol one day, but as I live so far away in quite a poor country, money was always the main issue. 250-300 pounds for the travel, 100-150 for the visa + hotel and other expenses...500-600 pounds is probably right. In Serbia, that's a lot of money.

Visa is an issue only because the administration is very slow and it could take several months. I speak fluent English and they grant visas here for football related visits (I have a mate who is a huge QPR fan, he's already been to London many times).

But our club looks saved now and I will definitely consider coming this season. I simply have to meet each and every one of you!

On 27/08/2019 at 11:01, Marc505 said:

I wonder if him choosing us coincided with our game over there?

I'd chip in. Don't tell the Argies, though!

No, I started supporting Wanderers in 2004. Tho the season in which we secured UEFA Cup for the 2nd time (06/07) was definitely the season I got madly in love with the club. Our main TV station was showing 3 PL games per week and Bolton were shown 12 times overall in the season. We won 11 of those, including those wins against L'pool and Arsenal. Unforgettable times.

The game here was in 2007, but sadly I couldn't go. Long story.

• Site Supporter

I meant WE set up the Go Fund or Just Giving and buy the necessary flights, visas, hotels, beers, etc.

Let's face it, it'd be even more difficult to get our tax man to fund an extra 25% for a Serbian collection.

Edited by MickyD
explanation

Alright guys, here's the thing.

I've been running an English football-related blog for almost 5 years now. It's in Serbian, but I put a google translate button in the bottom right corner so you can always check it out. I mainly write biographies and complete history of some clubs. And now I've put a paypal and patreon link for whoever wish to contribute in any way. 

https://subotomodcetiri.wordpress.com

Feels better this way, I've put a lot of time and effort into my articles. Some of them are Bolton-related, too. 👍

Needless to say, I won't use any of the donations for anything else but my trip to UK. Hopefully, soon!

Edited by Belgrade Wander