Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

8 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

I'm ok... Apparently I should find a corner and die, and at least she'll be here tomorrow

She's had a few too many, but I've got to be outtie now

How the fuck I'll afford anything

Fuck

Tried to DM but can't.

I don't know you pal and get it if you don't reply but just wanna say I hope you get the help that you need.

Talk to someone before you cause you or someone else damage. "Offering it out" last night? Imagine waking up this morning having possibly seriously injured a random?

As mentioned, sort them cuts out and tell them what happened and why. Tell them the truth. They'll help you.

Surly you have some connections and somewhere to stay, a mates or family member? Even if its just for a few days to sort your head out.

I know what I've just said is easy to say but small changes can make a big difference.

15 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

No need to apologise for anything. Just promise us all that you’ll get it reported and get the help to get yourself out of the cycle. 

Look mate do not know you but get some professional for you, her and the kids. Start with GP or Social Services, people on here can be supportive but you need a proper professional intervention or someone will get seriously hurt.  
All the best it sounds horrific. 

44 minutes ago, AdvantagePlayer said:

Read all 46 pages of this thread last night.  Rang doctors first thing this morning, and got GP appointment.  Now hooked up with referral to a couple of support services. 

You don't know me, but thanks all.

Top effort making the call. It’s really hard to admit you are struggling. 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, AdvantagePlayer said:

Read all 46 pages of this thread last night.  Rang doctors first thing this morning, and got GP appointment.  Now hooked up with referral to a couple of support services. 

Top effort. It might all seem a bit much if you see a counsellor, but stick with it. 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, AdvantagePlayer said:

If nothing else, Us lot going on about it has helped a random stranger :) 

48 minutes ago, AdvantagePlayer said:

Good work. The best thing is to be open and upfront about how you're feeling

It may seem hard at first but it's really best in the long run or you're just defeating the purpose 

I first went to appease my other half as I was convinced there was nothing wrong 

Got classed as severely depressed but not in the sense of sitting in a corner crying. It's more anxiety and just irrational behaviour with me 

Doc asked if there was a trigger point for it all, death in the family, redundancy etc but none of that applied 

Said I was a Bolton fan and he whacked me on citralopoman straight off 😀

I jest but seriously just be honest 

1 hour ago, AdvantagePlayer said:

Brilliant.

No shame in asking for a bit of help. 

If your ticker was playing up, you'd ring the doctors. Your head is just another organ.

Keep easy pal.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Brilliant.

No shame in asking for a bit of help. 

If your ticker was playing up, you'd ring the doctors. Your head is just another organ.

Keep easy pal.

Aye

Maybe the anonymity helps in a way on here

It's not going be the be all and end all but a little help that folk generally do care, and you can just type away your feelings 

Nobody judges but is open to listening and any advice is coming from a good place

You can meet for a pint, or you can just go about however you do on a match day, there's no judgement 

2 hours ago, AdvantagePlayer said:

Makes the whole thread worthwhile IMO.

Hope you get the help you need and well done for doing something about it.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

And guys, whilst we're on the subject, my youngest (who many of you have met) is facing their own fears and doing a charity skydive for Lancashire Mind, so if you could spare anything at all for a worthy cause, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all xx

https://justgiving.com/page/rioskydive

Great cause and well done to your daughter for putting something back in there and also publicising the work they do. My 16 year old daughter has been under CAMHS for a year she's had a rough ride after me and her mum split up. it's important for kids and adults alike to have someone to talk to. Reading your daughters justgiving page my daughter's had a seemingly similar path thus far. All the best.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, AdvantagePlayer said:

First step is the biggest. Stick with it.

21 hours ago, Traf said:

And guys, whilst we're on the subject, my youngest (who many of you have met) is facing their own fears and doing a charity skydive for Lancashire Mind, so if you could spare anything at all for a worthy cause, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all xx

Got a couple of donations off you reprobates for this, so thank you very much indeed.

If anyone else wants to chip in, feel free!

• Site Supporter

There is no pressure more intense than the pressure we put on ourselves.

Look out for yourself first, it’s the only way to be useful to those closest to you.

Bit like on a plane when they tell you to put your own oxygen mask on first. Same applies with your bonce.

It’s not selfish, it just good drills.

Xx

On 03/01/2023 at 21:08, Traf said:

Thanks all xx

Lancashire Telegraph have picked up on this skydive and interviewed her today.