Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, gonzo said:

No way these citalopram are working anymore.  Anyone left these for something else?

Case of weaning down then introducing something else or nothing at all? 

Remember they might be- you might feel shitier without!

Time of the year too- after autumn and winter. You'll pick up soon.

Just get down to the doctor's ASAP though.

Cheers men.

The whole thing just pissed me off. Really can't be arsed with the rigmarole of going to the docs then starting the whole bollocks process off with new meds.

Im comfortable on Citalopram. Each time Ive felt its stopped working they just increased the dosage. Can't go any higher now though, get QT in your heart apparently if you go any higher.

Even thought about going back down, taking the hit, then going back up again.

What a pile of bollocks :(

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Make an appointment with your doctor pal

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

As Winchester says, your doctor will know best.

7 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just get down to the doctor's ASAP though.

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Cheers men.

The whole thing just pissed me off. Really can't be arsed with the rigmarole of going to the docs then starting the whole bollocks process off with new meds.

Im comfortable on Citalopram. Each time Ive felt its stopped working they just increased the dosage. Can't go any higher now though, get QT in your heart apparently if you go any higher.

Even thought about going back down, taking the hit, then going back up again.

What a pile of bollocks :(

There’s a common thread running through the responses here. If reducing your meds then returning to current doses is an option, your GP is the person to make the call. 

22 minutes ago, MickyD said:

There’s a common thread running through the responses here. If reducing your meds then returning to current doses is an option, your GP is the person to make the call. 

GPs? They know shit. Just come on here, get all the answers and more. If you ask the right question someone will pop over to your house and give you a reach around. Better than any meds. Just have to remember to keep your eyes closed and keep muttering “I love your slutty character in Brassic Michelle”.

Failing that. Ask your doctor.

Edited by Smiley

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Smiley said:

GPs? They know shit. Just come on here, get all the answers and more. If you ask the right question someone will pop over to your house and give you a reach around. Better than any meds. Just have to remember to not open your eyes and keep muttering “I love your slutty character in Brassic Michelle”.

My first response was to the three who said to go see the GP reminding them that many on Wanderersways are infinitely more qualified than a GP. 

1 hour ago, Smiley said:

GPs? They know shit. Just come on here, get all the answers and more. If you ask the right question someone will pop over to your house and give you a reach around. Better than any meds. Just have to remember to keep your eyes closed and keep muttering “I love your slutty character in Brassic Michelle”.

Unless your doctor is the one from Brassic 

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This thread explains a lot… better be nice to you manics.

^ As I've said before, it's really not worth sharing personal stuff about your mental health on here, as you get comments like this, and it will no doubt be brought up again in future over something totally unrelated. Shame really. You'd think after what happened to Gary Speed our fans would be far more "aware" of the issue, but alas.

8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Come on mate, you're better than that.

If there's one thing thread where snidey remarks aren't welcome it's this one.

Don’t think it’s snidey comment myself… but it does flag up that certain posters got issues which I can see coming through on other threads, hence my remark about being kind.

I’ve plenty of experience of severe mental health issues my old fella was very poorly for many years and got a close mate who nearly killed himself. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t think it’s snidey comment myself… but it does flag up that certain posters got issues which I can see coming through on other threads, hence my remark about being kind.

^ See.

25 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve plenty of experience of severe mental health issues my old fella was very poorly for many years and got a close mate who nearly killed himself. 

Theres dicking about on a football forum then theres real life issues.

Lets not cross the two old beam.

19 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What a load of bollocks.

Using someone’s mental health against them because they disagree with you on a politics thread is some next level shithousery. 

Mental health struggles are normal, not being okay is normal, it happens to the best in the world. Sadly, it’s opinions like yours that mean some people are still reluctant to speak when it matters. 

On 08/02/2023 at 22:25, Mounts Kipper said:

This thread explains a lot…

better be nice to you manics.

What does it explain?
Why would you have to be nice to what you term 'manics'?

PS I'm not sure manics is an acceptable way of describing people who admitted to having mental health issues, but I am, of course, a left wing tree hugging bed wetting smelly unwashed wetwipe snowflake, according to some.