Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

44 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My Mum died a year ago yesterday. Dont get many grimmer anniversaries than that.

Headed up to White Coppice to clear the cobwebs.

Nothing better for your state of mind than getting the blood pumping and getting some clean fresh air up in the countryside.

Get over to Ingleton one Sunday, you & the dog will love it.

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

A woman called Emma, who is the BWFC ambassador for the "Her Game Too" campaign, has expressed on twitter that she is having some issues with her mental health.

I see her flagging this up time after time, I hope she seeks and finds the help she needs offline. You sometimes see who I think is her husband responding to the actual tweets too, I feel for him as well he must be in turmoil when he reads some of that.

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I see her flagging this up time after time, I hope she seeks and finds the help she needs offline. You sometimes see who I think is her husband responding to the actual tweets too, I feel for him as well he must be in turmoil when he reads some of that.

only been married 12 months i think 

but have parted ways 

• Site Supporter

Bloke at work was properly down, started having time off and was really struggling.

Hes back now and in a much better place.

Says 2 things turned everything around.

No social media.

Walking everywhere he can.

Theres something in the simple solutions.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Bloke at work was properly down, started having time off and was really struggling.

No social media.

Social Media is a common theme when people talk about mental health / depression.

My mates daughter, who is only 13 or 14, recently started to act differently, and became really withdrawn and insular (for want of a better word) - seems that she's been being trolled on Insta/TikTok/WhatsApp by somebody "anonymous"  at her school. It turns out, whoever the person is who is doing the trolling has targeted several different girls in her year/class. I don't know the detail, but apparently it's not very pleasant, and the police are involved, but they've pretty much admitted there isn't anything they can really do, as it's "anonymous"  -  presumably this person will stop when one of these young girls has topped themselves

1 hour ago, Spider said:

No social media.

I read that as wanking everywhere he can. Its a hobby I suppose.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

wanking yourself off, or somebody else?

I think we all know the answer to that question!

As an aside, did I once read that regular masturbation helps to stave off potential prostate cancer? I’m doing what I can to avoid being a burden on the NHS. 👌

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

As an aside, did I once read that regular masturbation helps to stave off potential prostate cancer? I’m doing what I can to avoid being a burden on the NHS. 👌

Only if you finger your arse too.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Is that your grip?

I recommend a few more digits if you want to avoid arthritis down the track.

Edited by mickbrown

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Only if you finger your arse too.

Obviously!

8 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Is that your grip?

I recommend a few more digits if you want to avoid arthritis down the track.

A few more digits? How fucking big should it be? 🤣

• Site Supporter

It's that time of year when people start to struggle. 

Feeling it massively atm myself, and know the signs, have a lad at work who I can see it happening to and trying my best to help, going to have a meeting with work tomorrow when I'm going to bring up the topic of poor mental health and that we need to do more to combat it..

If it doesn't go well... well...

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, only1swanny said:

It's that time of year when people start to struggle. 

Feeling it massively atm myself, and know the signs, have a lad at work who I can see it happening to and trying my best to help, going to have a meeting with work tomorrow when I'm going to bring up the topic of poor mental health and that we need to do more to combat it..

If it doesn't go well... well...

Similar here.

As usual September clobbered me, perhaps a bit easier now, but "depression shoulders" of a morning are a complete cunt.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Similar here.

As usual September clobbered me, perhaps a bit easier now, but "depression shoulders" of a morning are a complete cunt.

It didn't go well. But I stayed calm, I'm dealing with it properly. Always a positive when you just ignore the triggers. 

Here anytime you want a natter :)

I’ve certainly hit a bump in the road recently. Lot of shit going on in the background. Family. Health. Business. Finances. The perfect storm. Turn on the news and its all war, famine, rate hikes, Bolton getting beat, etc, etc. Throw in the shit weather. Still not sure if I’ve recovered from covid in late June. Drained all the time. Waiting on blood test results. Head is definitely a bit fucked though.