Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bradford City (H)

Leyther_Matt

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Funny how we see the same game differently, i thought the 2nd kid up top showed more pace and better movement than the first one, if we'd managed to get the right ball to him it might have been interesting.

The sub was certainly quick. Also thick set. Didn't show in the same way though. Who knows, as they mature, he may be better, but for me the first one worked the centre half continually. Maybe didn't get much change out of him but that in turn would have provided opportunity for a quicker sub to exploit any tiredness in the defenders later on.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Last nights crowd for a mediocre cup competition might prompt a re-think.

If FV want to keep/get fans onside, upsetting the upper tier brigade for this season at least wouldn’t be a wise move imo.

It will upset the Lower Tier brigade if there's someone in my ST seat, as last night.

14 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Closing the top tiers for the Sunderland game is madness, surely not, what’s the capacity without them?  Can’t be much more than 15k. 

Away end will probably have top tier open so capacity 18k.  13k home fans approx, more than enough bearing in mind there's no season tickets.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Away end will probably have top tier open so capacity 18k.  13k home fans approx, more than enough bearing in mind there's no season tickets.

East Stand was technically closed last night, pretty sure they will open an upper tier if needed on the day.

Closing the upper tier has had a hugely positive influence in my opinion. The atmosphere and the spectacle. It's human nature to want to join in and sing when you're tightly packed in and everyone is doing it around you.

I realise that people who have sat in the upper tiers will be upset that they're losing their seats (where they and their families may have sat for years). But I still think it's for the greater good. Get the lower tiers rocking - and then if we reach the stage where you can no longer get tickets due to demand - open up a section of the upper tier - one at a time.

9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Closing the upper tier has had a hugely positive influence in my opinion. The atmosphere and the spectacle. It's human nature to want to join in and sing when you're tightly packed in and everyone is doing it around you.

I realise that people who have sat in the upper tiers will be upset that they're losing their seats (where they and their families may have sat for years). But I still think it's for the greater good. Get the lower tiers rocking - and then if we reach the stage where you can no longer get tickets due to demand - open up a section of the upper tier - one at a time.

In the longer run - I'm sure if we go down the plan will be to close upper tiers. But I also think new owners coming in and making a snap decision and annoying those fans isn't a smart move. So consult and then decide is very smart. 

I've sat in the WSU for the last couple of seasons, it wouldn't bother me if they closed it and just had the ESU open and vice versa. I don't particularly want to sit in the NSU though. Keeping all the lower tiers open and just 1 upper tier open should make the atmosphere much better as more Bolton fans will be sat together and importantly keep costs down for FV.

Edited by Blondi

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

Surely that depends on how many actually go into the upper tier. My own feeling is that opening one upper tier should provide enough seats to cater for all those who want to sit in the uppers.

Which would be a decent compromise. As long as it's full or nearly full. Rather have one with a decent crowd and atmosphere than 4 with a smattering of folk here and there!

• Site Supporter

28 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You've been writing in to the Bolton News, haven't you?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17883180.open-letter-michael-james/?ref=twtrec

"I have not yet been to a game this season and suspect that many ex-season ticket holders are still undecided about attending this season's home games. "

GTF!