Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

when will you or your mates be back

victor meldrew

6 minutes ago, embankment said:

4500 last Saturday was shocking

Had been to every game otherwise but had a pre-booked trip in London for the rugby (and bumped in to a dozen or more other Bolton fans on Wembley Way). Ordinarily would have been counted in the figure regardless as a season ticket holder. 

The support have been galvanised all season in terms of spirit - here’s hoping it is matched in numbers from now on. 

Yeh only 4500 Saturday, but there was a togetherness that i've not felt for a long time, the backing for the kids was fantastic.

BWFC have fallen out of fashion in this town, it's going to be a while before we're back "on trend".....as the twats say.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members

My job functions around weekend work, mainly Sunday’s now, so if I’m free I still go to the Saturday games home and away, nothing really stops me going other than my career which is in football, just the way it falls whether I go, buy still get a ST and if I can’t go I’ll make sure someone else does

some of my mates have fallen away from it but there’s still a few of us that make the effort and spend the money  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Considering it, just don't have anyone to go with anymore really which puts me off. 

Which is also one of the main reasons I stopped 

you could become an apprentice anthill mobber, turn up at the harvester at least an hour before kickoff !!

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

we'll probably have a gate lower than Ipswich before the end of the season as well

I doubt it, once we have season tickets available and now we have a future

Never left, although openly admit it’s been hard work at times over last few years. Been to both home games this season sat in S/T seat, and didn’t claim a refund for the Donny ticket - needed something to cling onto in the hope the game would happen some day. Just hope the same supportive mood amongst the fans experienced this season carries forward now, regardless of what happens on the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, Baba O'Riley said:

Never left, although openly admit it’s been hard work at times over last few years. Been to both home games this season sat in S/T seat, and didn’t claim a refund for the Donny ticket - needed something to cling onto in the hope the game would happen some day. Just hope the same supportive mood amongst the fans experienced this season carries forward now, regardless of what happens on the pitch. 

This. The one bright spot so far this season has been the absence of loudmouth halfwits shouting abuse at the manager/owner/scapegoat which has lifted support for the team & made going to the game more enjoyable.

No doubt the boo boys will appear again, but hopefully the majority will drown them out & keep supporting the team & the club.