Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where were you when you heard the news ?

Ani

55 minutes ago, briannz said:

Woke up at 5-15 in the morning needed a piss(old man curse).Turned on I Pad read through about 10 pages then bingo it was done,had to get up then.

Where are you Brian, near Auckland I think? 

We actually got mentioned on NZ radio this morning. Small win but I'll take it! 

• Members

Just wandered downstairs at 4.30am (not been sleeping well with all this going on) and switched on the TV and my mobile phone. TV was on BT2 and Ajax were playing Apoel Nicosia. Phone suddenly beeps and a good bluenose mate of mine (yes that one of paper bag over the head fame!) currently in Gourock had seen the news and SMS'd me saying "Thank fuck, the Wanderers are saved!"

Straight on to the laptop to read the glorious news and then Sky Sports News on the TV.

Sharon Brittan for PM.

Was watching Granada Reports at my mum & Dad's. I was pissing about on my mobile trying to get takeover info and reading & sending text messages. GP were at Gigg Ln when they said good news for Bolton fans, and they went sraight to UniBol where they had a reporter. My first thought was it's just another almost nearly done story. Then she said it... deal done! The hairs on my the back arms stood up, I shouted YESSSSS! I really did have a tear in my eye.

• Members

In the back garden playing football with my daughter, phone just started going bezerk, started cheering and she joined in because that’s what she thought we are doing, she’s 2 and has no idea, but looking forward to having it as one of my Wanderers tales when she’s a bit older. 

• Site Supporter

Just finished watching the chase, when Twitter notification from official bwfc revealed the news. Broke it on here (first for me, albeit only with a yes!!). Then got my lad to phone his grandad (official bwfc tour guide) to tell him the news, tear in the eye listening to that conversation. COYFWM

4 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Where are you Brian, near Auckland I think? 

We actually got mentioned on NZ radio this morning. Small win but I'll take it! 

Living in Matamata now mate,didn’t listen to it tho was still reading the posts. 

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Just finished watching the chase, when Twitter notification from official bwfc revealed the news. Broke it on here (first for me, albeit only with a yes!!). Then got my lad to phone his grandad (official bwfc tour guide) to tell him the news, tear in the eye listening to that conversation. COYFWM

did they win out?