Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

First Interview

Marc505

Apologies if shared on another thread, thought it deserved one of its own.

First interview with the new owners

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17869534.amp/?ref=twtrec&__twitter_impression=true

I suppose got to be careful as this will be revisited years down the line like the KA one was, but I'm seriously impressed by all three. 

As if Sharon Brittan's broken the fourth wall with az it bin dun! And the sad revelation about her sister explains the unexplained delay in summer. I like them, I really do.

Edited by Marc505
I'm not telling you, fuck off.

• Members
25 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17869534.amp/?ref=twtrec&__twitter_impression=true

I suppose got to be careful as this will be revisited years down the line like the KA one was, but I'm seriously impressed by all three. 

As if Sharon Brittan's broken the fourth wall with az it bin dun! And the sad revelation about her sister explains the unexplained delay in summer. I like them, I really do.

I must be turning into an emotional fucking basket case! Even that interview moved me. I didn't realise how much these shenanigans of the last few months had affected me.

Words are cheap as we all know but I sense some genuine well meaning here and wish them every success.

Edited by bolty58

Brilliant interview, so happy we've a staunch Bolton fan in MJ on board, didn't realize SB was a Northern lass too. I'm not bothered if they don't chuck loads of money at it, just want us to be sustainable and have a club and team to be proud of again and I'm sure that's what we'll have.

Impressed with their first interview, came across very professional, determined and passionate about the job in hand. Very refreshing after all the bullshit from he who shall not be named..

I like them already and it brought a lump to my throat.

But I am a soppy old sod!

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

I was delighted when they took over and everything they have done so far has been spot on. 

I love the fact they got the staff together and recognised the job they have done. 

I don’t think anybody can fault the staff at BWFC, workers like them are gold dust, they’ve been from heaven and hell and back and it looks like the the new owners have got the motivation oozing out of their pores.  Like they say, it’s not a overnight fix this, the boo boys need to remember this.

Great interview, must of been hard for Sharon to go through all that she has! I've noticed though they have said they want the new manager to make the transfer decisions but they want a new manager in the end of next week, won't this not give us any time to get anyone in this window since it shuts this coming Monday?

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

So that's what MJ looks like

• Members
38 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

Impressed with their first interview, came across very professional, determined and passionate about the job in hand. Very refreshing after all the bullshit from he who shall not be named..

I like them already and it brought a lump to my throat.

But I am a soppy old sod!

Glad it isn't just me then. Recent times have had me thinking of my grandad on the Burnden Terrace supping Magee's in his flat cap and what he would have made of the prospect of no more Bolton Wanderers. Then started to think of the revered 33 and the loss of what they inadvertently gave their lives to watch.

Then me Dad describing the fearless exploits of the Lion of Vienna to get me on the hook to start attending matches.

This was too close and must never, ever be allowed to happen again.

Edited by bolty58

Said it before and I'll say it again. Not arsed about being a prem club (although the journey would be nice). More interested in whether the club has a sense of identity and direction. I'm a progressive type so hoping these take the same approach! Great first interview.

Great first interview and i am really confident that things will start turning round and we can all start forgetting the past 3-5 years and come together as a fan base and have something to be truly proud of once again. There is some caution as we have been here before with first interviews impressing us, but with a Bolton fan in the mix i am confident that this is the right group. 

We wont be ripping up trees, i think we all know that, and they deserve our patience as it is a mammoth task. But get the fans on board, make it fun to go to the match again and that is going to go an awful long way. They have a 3 year plan, if that sees us challenging for promotion to the championship at the end of it then i will be happy, if we are in the Championship then miracles will have been performed and we might need to buy more land around the stadium for all the statues we will need!