Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

First Interview

Marc505

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

These are proper people. But lets not kid ourselves - we won't be scaling the championship anytime soon. If at the end of three years we're top half of league one that'll be a hell of a job. I really hope our fanbase has appropriately adjusted their expectations now. 

I think most realise this. Am hopjng that all those who were banging on we cant lose our club etc now get season tickets. They all wont of course but would be fantastic if we could sell between 10 and 15k. Get some good kids offers and start building up 'our club' feeling 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Not even expecting him though to spend million's on players this year FV have even come out saying don't be expecting us to splashing any money on transfers. Don't get why you saying it's a black mark against them? We need to sensible now building are way up that will be free transfers for probably 2 transfer windows. We still have a club & he's helped with that so I bloody thank him a lot for it!

Spider is the person you're replying to. You need to remember this, and read every word with an opposite perspective; he's taking the Micky and not having a pop in the slightest.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spider is the person you're replying to. You need to remember this, and read every word with an opposite perspective; he's taking the Micky and not having a pop in the slightest.

Fair enough then haha, thought he was actually being genuine about it 

2 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Impressed with their first interview, came across very professional, determined and passionate about the job in hand. Very refreshing after all the bullshit from he who shall not be named..

I like them already and it brought a lump to my throat.

But I am a soppy old sod!

Same here, must be age thing.

Really good read that, sounds so optimistic which is great.  

"“We have fully researched and put together a very detailed plan which is fully funded for three years,” she said."

I wonder if their 3 year plan is based on us being relegated to L2, or is dependent on survival in L1.    Or does that not really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Some fair points on this but the one thing that stood out for me is the sharp contrast in professionalism, diplomacy and apparent integrity compared to Anderson. They - like Anderson - will start off with the good will of the majority of fans and it needs to stay that way.

Expectations have to be managed - something our club hasn't done well for many years. Collectively our fanbase in an impatient lot and I can't see a cultural shift towards "expect nothing so every success is a pleasant surprise and if we don't succeed it won't be a problem" attitude any time soon. That said, if they turn out to be as open and honest as they claim they will be going forward - as opposed to Anderson's self-congratulatory diatribe - there is a chance they'll manage to keep things in perspective.

Whatever their plan is, I can't imagine they expect us to survive in League 1 this season as the investment required would be a huge financial gamble so hopefully they've taken a longer view and are planning to use this season for life in L2 from where we will rise from the ashes and slowly - and prudently - work our way back up to where we belong.

3 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Some fair points on this but the one thing that stood out for me is the sharp contrast in professionalism, diplomacy and apparent integrity compared to Anderson. They - like Anderson - will start off with the good will of the majority of fans and it needs to stay that way.

Expectations have to be managed - something our club hasn't done well for many years. Collectively our fanbase in an impatient lot and I can't see a cultural shift towards "expect nothing so every success is a pleasant surprise and if we don't succeed it won't be a problem" attitude any time soon. That said, if they turn out to be as open and honest as they claim they will be going forward - as opposed to Anderson's self-congratulatory diatribe - there is a chance they'll manage to keep things in perspective.

Whatever their plan is, I can't imagine they expect us to survive in League 1 this season as the investment required would be a huge financial gamble so hopefully they've taken a longer view and are planning to use this season for life in L2 from where we will rise from the ashes and slowly - and prudently - work our way back up to where we belong.

Unsure why we keep saying our fanbase needs a reality check.

They have been nothing short of superb with the backing and understanding of where we are now.

16 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

Really good read that, sounds so optimistic which is great.  

"“We have fully researched and put together a very detailed plan which is fully funded for three years,” she said."

I wonder if their 3 year plan is based on us being relegated to L2, or is dependent on survival in L1.    Or does that not really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Doesn’t matter

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Unsure why we keep saying our fanbase needs a reality check.

They have been nothing short of superb with the backing and understanding of where we are now.

They have to an extent. But only 4 thousand odd went Saturday. Which is understandable. But we now need everyone back game in game out - not moaning about prices or being bottom of the league but doing their bit to help the new owners keep us alive. Promotions and glory are a long way off. Now that Anderson is gone will the two back the club properly and show that we have a support worthy of the new owners?

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

So if he has a Ferrari worth £60 million - is that not included in his £75 million?

I think we can eliminate the thought of Nick Mason's money 

It doesn't really matter.

49 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

They have to an extent. But only 4 thousand odd went Saturday. Which is understandable. But we now need everyone back game in game out - not moaning about prices or being bottom of the league but doing their bit to help the new owners keep us alive. Promotions and glory are a long way off. Now that Anderson is gone will the two back the club properly and show that we have a support worthy of the new owners?

I’m sorry but I think you are creating a scenario that doesn’t exist. 

Lets have it right. No ST’s. previous game cancelled at short notice these are the reasons so few walked on. Nothing to do with our supporters. 

The backing has been amazing. Everyone who has turned up expects a shoeing each  game.

i know it’s popular to bash fans on here but they/we really deserve a pat on the back this time

5 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’m sorry but I think you are creating a scenario that doesn’t exist. 

Lets have it right. No ST’s. previous game cancelled at short notice these are the reasons so few walked on. Nothing to do with our supporters. 

The backing has been amazing. Everyone who has turned up expects a shoeing each  game.

i know it’s popular to bash fans on here but they/we really deserve a pat on the back this time

Yeah not arguing. Its now about the town showing their backing for the club consistently. And not just when the going is good. We need to have strong attendances regularly. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Spider said:

He's not stayed worth £100million by spending it on footballers.

He owns a Ferrari GT250 he bought for £37,000 that is now worth £60million. Whilst I think he should sell it and donate the proceeds to us for players and to have the Andersons buried in concrete, he probably would disagree.

You reckon he’ll let me drive it for a evening, if I have a no brass rule ?