Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool

burnden

• Site Supporter
Just now, jules_darby said:

Once Bridcutt went off, we lost that short option, went longer more and lost the ball more

Him coming deep is generally a good thing!

it is.

the centre backs split, and the full backs move up.

we actually look like we are trying to play football.

34 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

it is.

the centre backs split, and the full backs move up.

we actually look like we are trying to play football.

I’m still coming to terms with us getting a throw in and the full back picking the ball up and throwing it to a centre back and us beginning an attack. 

For the last 2 and a bit years it’s been.

ball goes out

full back walks to ball.

everyone gets marked

we give ball back to opposition.

repeat

truly revolutionary the current approach

45 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

I’m still coming to terms with us getting a throw in and the full back picking the ball up and throwing it to a centre back and us beginning an attack. 

For the last 2 and a bit years it’s been.

ball goes out

full back walks to ball.

everyone gets marked

we give ball back to opposition.

repeat

truly revolutionary the current approach

...and looking  to receives it short from the keeper

It;s fucking ace

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It's a sad night when Bolton are on the toes at home to Blackpool.It would never have happened when Bolton played in town, lads can't be arsed travelling over there on the offchance they turn up

There’s two cunts that have just disappeared, here’s hoping you make it a trio🤞

4 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It's a sad night when Bolton are on the toes at home to Blackpool.It would never have happened when Bolton played in town, lads can't be arsed travelling over there on the offchance they turn up

I know you’re on a wind up half the time but this is bang on. 

Saddest night at the Reebok I can think of for all that caper last night. 

5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Do me a favour - The Tangerine turds just came to sing songs and take the piss at our demise. I wonder how many will take the piss when Bolton turn out in Blackpool.

32 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Do me a favour - The Tangerine turds just came to sing songs and take the piss at our demise. I wonder how many will take the piss when Bolton turn out in Blackpool.

Given our predicament we're likely to be encountering Blackpool again in the next few seasons. What goes around comes around. And Blackpool have seen the way that works before when it comes to Bolton Wanderers. That's why they're the way they are with us. 

11 hours ago, jmjhb said:

I reckon Bridcutt's injury, whilst terrible for us in the short-term, means we get him till the end of the season now 

Hope so.  Similarly, Verlinden's lack of consistency and failure to shine in a Sky match, means we may hold onto him beyond Jan.  We need our new decent players, and the likes of Politic and Lowe, to not be all that brilliant really, otherwise we're building a whole new team again next season because if they're too good for bottom half Div 1 they're not going to hang around in Div 2, they'll get better offers.  I'm less concerned about the striker situation, because I'm 100% confident Hillcroft will attract a couple of guaranteed Div 2 goalscorers.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Fuck all! 

....that was the problem :) 

Saw two lots of lads square up to each other outside the hotel, right in front of coppers on horses 

One lad, dunno which side, cracks one of the others

Copper on the horse shouts "what the fuck was that" and rides towards them

Then everyone moved on

• Site Supporter

I noticed that every cop outside the hotel was wearing a video camera. There's no need for immediate arrests these days. Just wait, next home game, the spotters in the glass box will be identifying the Bolton fans involved and the orange warriors will be sent in to pull them out.

• The topic was unpinned