Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

57 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Succession planning?

Could well be, there's always more going on that we don't see than we do see.

I wanted Hill/Flitcroft when we appointed PP and although I have some doubts and have said some negative stuff about Hill recently, you can see the thought process with the appointment and I'll back them all the way while they are here.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

How does Hill set up his teams.?  Does he like 2 up top, wingers. I dont know to much about him. 

Obviously all dependent on personnel  but  he will have a way of playing. 

He’s a crafty manager, got his Rochdale team to Mark Chris Taylor out the game a couple of years ago, masterstroke

As long as he has a system and we can at least see what he is trying to do then that will do me for starters.

I realise Parky was hampered by having sub championship players for that league but a team that looks like they practice stuff in training, can pass the ball, give 100% and have more in our armoury than the hoof up from the back something less medieval than weve been used to. Is that asking too much?

I went watching Rochdale maybe a dozen times under Hill, they were an attractive passing side assembled on a tiny budget.The most impressive performance I saw was a 1-0 league  win at Preston, they passed a much bigger club off the pitch.Bolton haven't controlled a match  at Deepdale  since Allardyce's time.I think what held Hill and Rochdale back at 3rd tier level was that they didn't have the money to  pay for goalscorers even at that level.

If there's no financial quick fix, I think it will take more than this season and next season to assemble such a good midfield on freebies at Bolton and hope he gets the time.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Although Lee has been MIA and has moved into shithouse status for some on here, I wonder if KH's first big move will be to officially pot Lee and bring Beech in?

Brave call. Whether or not Lee has done anything untoward, he's been responsible for some good work with the younger players.