Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

on coming from Bowton;

“We are not comfortable. We are not civilised. We chase challenges. We are fighters. We are up for this. It’s not easy. We have never have anything easy. We are from Bolton and we are really prepared to take this challenge on.”

• Members

Been away so been reading through this thread. I am off to the Docs on Monday to see if he can diagnose why I seem to have become an over emotional soppy sod in recent days.

More than satisfied with the way this has all turned out. My football club back in the hands of my own people. I can only hope the same thing happens with my country soon.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Been away so been reading through this thread. I am off to the Docs on Monday to see if he can diagnose why I seem to have become an over emotional soppy sod in recent days.

More than satisfied with the way this has all turned out. My football club back in the hands of my own people. I can only hope the same thing happens with my country soon.

Was out with the dogs earlier. Lovely morning.

Unfortunately, most Septembers I get a touch of the 'blues' (see mental health thread). Can feel it coming and learn to accept/handle it. It will pass to an extent and then spring will lift the mood.

For the first time in yonks, I thought about the wanderers whilst walking and got the inner tingle of desire, the lure of the game if you will.

Not sure where it came from, but was chuffed to bits it did. Remarkable how quickly the feel good factor comes back.

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Was out with the dogs earlier. Lovely morning.

Unfortunately, most Septembers I get a touch of the 'blues' (see mental health thread). Can feel it coming and learn to accept/handle it. It will pass to an extent and then spring will lift the mood.

For the first time in yonks, I thought about the wanderers whilst walking and got the inner tingle of desire, the lure of the game if you will.

Not sure where it came from, but was chuffed to bits it did. Remarkable how quickly the feel good factor comes back.

Similar here, got right mopey last weekend. Going to the match on Tuesday brightened me right up.

Hoping the grown ups can keep us feeling so upbeat

59 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Remarkable how quickly the feel good factor comes back.

There are exactly 6 Wanderers fans in my small rural town.

Last night I went to the Friday night rock do in the pub only to find it was "folk weekend" - not that I mind folk but this was proper finger in the ear medieval hey nonny no chanting of the worst sort. My mate and I were about to leave when two of the aforementioned Bolton 6  walked in and when they saw me at the bar practically ran across the pub yelling KHSWA, gave me several (manly) hugs and we stayed until 1 o'clock talking Wanderers and getting hammered until I crawled back home to get dog's abuse from the missus. Great night - although I never did find out what happened to the maiden who was forsaken by her true love. Died of grief presumably.

6 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

There are exactly 6 Wanderers fans in my small rural town.

Last night I went to the Friday night rock do in the pub only to find it was "folk weekend" - not that I mind folk but this was proper finger in the ear medieval hey nonny no chanting of the worst sort. My mate and I were about to leave when two of the aforementioned Bolton 6  walked in and when they saw me at the bar practically ran across the pub yelling KHSWA, gave me several (manly) hugs and we stayed until 1 o'clock talking Wanderers and getting hammered until I crawled back home to get dog's abuse from the missus. Great night - although I never did find out what happened to the maiden who was forsaken by her true love. Died of grief presumably.

Love that 👍