Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

What a couple of brilliant interviews. 

Custard and Sluffy need to move on. 

Moving on from what and to where?

What exactly is your problem with us?

I'm sure Custard is as delighted as I am that the club has survived, we've probably got well over one hundred years of supporting it between the two of us (can you get anywhere near that - thought not...) and want like everyone else does, the best for our future.

Maybe your issue is that we both prefer to stick to the detail rather than follow the lynch mob hysteria stoked by the likes of the ST (who did eventually retweet the clubs tribute to Eddie yesterday) and Iles who didn't (and hasn't done so since either).  As an aside did anybody else note that Radio Manchester was clearly present at Sharon's presentation yet Iles seems to have not been and further more he's since retweeted Radio Manchester soundbite from the presentation yet nothing from the clubs full video of it?

(I also note he's not even bothered with producing an article from his bizarrely timed twitter attack on Eddie yesterday, being the first anniversary of his death.  If his tweet wasn't to gain comments for an article then for what other reason would he have done so? - I'll leave you to answer that yourselves).  

Do you think his previous disparaging tweets against FV's ability to complete the take over and his call for them to stand aside and let others complete instead might have gone unnoticed by the new club owners?  What a wonderful achievement by him to build such a quick rapport with them - albeit an extremely negative one apparently!  

Custard and I look forward to the new regime and welcome Sharon's stated intent to invest her wealth into the club.  We both wish for better times for all both on and off the pitch - and I'm sure it will be too - but we also will continue to follow the clubs financial progress in the accounts in order to sort the wheat out from the chaff.

That's just what we do.

We find it much preferable and certainly vastly more accurate than following the haters on Twitter and Facebook.

How in us continuing doing that is some sort of a problem to you?

21 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Moving on from what and to where?

What exactly is your problem with us?

I'm sure Custard is as delighted as I am that the club has survived, we've probably got well over one hundred years of supporting it between the two of us (can you get anywhere near that - thought not...) and want like everyone else does, the best for our future.

Maybe your issue is that we both prefer to stick to the detail rather than follow the lynch mob hysteria stoked by the likes of the ST (who did eventually retweet the clubs tribute to Eddie yesterday) and Iles who didn't (and hasn't done so since either).  As an aside did anybody else note that Radio Manchester was clearly present at Sharon's presentation yet Iles seems to have not been and further more he's since retweeted Radio Manchester soundbite from the presentation yet nothing from the clubs full video of it?

(I also note he's not even bothered with producing an article from his bizarrely timed twitter attack on Eddie yesterday, being the first anniversary of his death.  If his tweet wasn't to gain comments for an article then for what other reason would he have done so? - I'll leave you to answer that yourselves).  

Do you think his previous disparaging tweets against FV's ability to complete the take over and his call for them to stand aside and let others complete instead might have gone unnoticed by the new club owners?  What a wonderful achievement by him to build such a quick rapport with them - albeit an extremely negative one apparently!  

Custard and I look forward to the new regime and welcome Sharon's stated intent to invest her wealth into the club.  We both wish for better times for all both on and off the pitch - and I'm sure it will be too - but we also will continue to follow the clubs financial progress in the accounts in order to sort the wheat out from the chaff.

That's just what we do.

We find it much preferable and certainly vastly more accurate than following the haters on Twitter and Facebook.

How in us continuing doing that is some sort of a problem to you?

Ani record as a fan can’t be brought into question, piss poor comment in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Sluffy - Adam Lord has tweeted that the Brittan interview is on the BN website. So looks like it may be as simple as him being on a day off. 

Hasn't stopped Iles tweeting, nor posting up the Radio Manchester soundbite.

Also doesn't he ALWAYS tweets posts to links to BWFC stories even those that aren't his own - particularly if his BOSS has done one! - and he's certainly not done that this time (nor the clubs tribute to the anniversary of Eddie's death).

I would have thought he would have been expected to do a tribute article for the paper yesterday on the first anniversary - not his totally misjudged tweet that he did.

I'm wondering if he's had his knuckles rapped following his tweets yesterday?

10 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Also doesn't he ALWAYS tweets posts to links to BWFC stories even those that aren't his own - particularly if his BOSS has done one! - and he's certainly not done that this time (nor the clubs tribute to the anniversary of Eddie's death).

I would have thought he would have been expected to do a tribute article for the paper yesterday on the first anniversary - not his totally misjudged tweet that he did.

He has retweeted the BN story. I think you are a bit obsessed. Not a big Iles fan but his job has changed since the newsquest structure has changed and he’s covering Oldham and would have been Bury as well. Not just us. And whether he was in or not today may simply have been doing other stories.

8 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Possible. 

I'd advise Custard to hold fire on getting the bunting out just yet though. 

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Ani record as a fan can’t be brought into question, piss poor comment in my opinion. 

Eh???

What are you on about?

I was showing how big the club is in the life of Custard and myself and what a huge hole it would leave in our world's if it no longer existed.

Trust you to completely get things wrong - such as the time you posted that you would prefer us to be liquidated rather than FV become our owners (and don't bother to deny it as Cas has called you on it too).

1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

Eh???

What are you on about?

I was showing how big the club is in the life of Custard and myself and what a huge hole it would leave in our world's if it no longer existed.

Trust you to completely get things wrong - such as the time you posted that you would prefer us to be liquidated rather than FV become our owners (and don't bother to deny it as Cas has called you on it too).

Why did you reference Ani in your comment then?  Ha ha your second comment about liquidation is completely incorrect go back and read what I actually said. 

17 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He has retweeted the BN story. I think you are a bit obsessed. Not a big Iles fan but his job has changed since the newsquest structure has changed and he’s covering Oldham and would have been Bury as well. Not just us. And whether he was in or not today may simply have been doing other stories.

He's only done so in the last hour, Oldham don't play until Saturday, and Bury's story will now resolve around key events rather than day to day stuff.

He's also been tweeting exclusively on Bolton stories today as he normally does.

If he reported openly and without bias I wouldn't have any issue with him.

However what was that all about yesterday, seemingly having a pop at Davies on the anniversary of his death and no doubt totally unwelcomed by Eddies family and friends?

Not even a tribute from him on the day - even by way of a retweet.

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why did you reference Ani in your comment then?  Ha ha your second comment about liquidation is completely incorrect go back and read what I actually said. 

I don't have to, I know what you said.

You on the other hand were too dumb to understand what it implied.

Cas had to explain it to you!

Maybe Cas might be good enough to explain to you about comparison's and what they imply.

To save him a job though my point was if you've loved the club for 30 or 40 years and lost it then how do you think that would feel for people like Custard and I who have followed it for 20 or even 30 years even longer???

Did I really need to have to spell that out to you?