Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

7 hours ago, Mantra said:

Saw that Ipswich have signed Lee Evans and have Paul Cook as a manager. Then noticed that they actually got taken over for £40m in April.

Looks like they’ve got significant investment behind them. 700m apparently!

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/funds-behind-itfc-takeover-revealed-7890950

Looks like Ipswich mean business this season.

Lee Evans is a good player AND a second player in two days to jump ship from the Wigan 'revival'. Maybe the players know something about the new ownership model that their fans don't.

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Lee Evans is a good player AND a second player in two days to jump ship from the Wigan 'revival'. Maybe the players know something about the new ownership model that their fans don't.

It could be the new owners want to run the club sustainably but on the other hand I prefer your theory!

• Site Supporter

Regarding Lee Evans, a Tractor Boy asked yesterday whether any Wigan fan could let him know what kind of player he was.

One of first responses was along the lines of, “He’s very good but I don’t know why you’re asking, he’s not going anywhere.”

I am loving the realisation that Wigan surviving the drop to L2 didn’t mean they are keeping their squad intact.

4 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

...or Paul Cook is signing his old players

On the basis of the signings since January it looks like we are investing and spending, eighteenth months ago I could have never imagined this. It is like a breath of fresh air. I wonder why this changed in January after some of the cheap signings Phoenix made. This is an observation not a complaint by the way.

2 hours ago, 1969 said:

How lucky are we to have owners like fv.Looks like sheff weds owner's are doing to them what the Andersons did for us.

Yep. Not paying players, the players aren't in the mood to put up with that and the PFA is in but some ex players, owed money, are pushing the legal route.

They're in danger of more points deductions.

Fans in despair and fearing ghe worst, some even saying "bring it on, it's inevitable and we need rid of the owner even if it costs us".

It's all sounding horribly familiar.

On 05/06/2021 at 07:39, Dr. Feelgood said:

According to tricky Nixon wiggin have made a 400k bid to MK Don's for one of their players.

Are they not subject to an embargo? 

44 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

According to tricky Nixon wiggin have made a 400k bid to MK Don's for one of their players.

Are they not subject to an embargo? 

Should be.

This was on their club news page on July 2020. 

"Just to clarify 

The transfer embargo means Wigan can only sign players on free transfers or loans for the next two years with a limit of 20 players in the squad".

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Weren't we still under those restrictions after fv had done their bit?

It's probably to do with the terms of our debt repayment. As of January this year we had yet to meet our obligations to the unsecured creditors but were working towards paying what we owe within the agreed timescales (according to Andrew Gartside).

I assume Wigan aren't in that position.

On 05/06/2021 at 11:51, MickyD said:

Regarding Lee Evans, a Tractor Boy asked yesterday whether any Wigan fan could let him know what kind of player he was.

One of first responses was along the lines of, “He’s very good but I don’t know why you’re asking, he’s not going anywhere.”

I am loving the realisation that Wigan surviving the drop to L2 didn’t mean they are keeping their squad intact.

One of the thickest on Latics Speyk (and that is some competition) reckoned Johnstone could only have come here "because we didnt want him" . Also said Evans was a "Rolls Royce" player in Lge 1 before in next breath saying glad hes gone we can do better.

Deluded nobs but i really hope these arabs dont throw money about or if they do they soon realise like the last lot they are wasting their money and leave them in shit again. Anyway admins did a good job of gutting them hopefully they suffer again and right soon 

On 05/06/2021 at 07:39, Dr. Feelgood said:

Convinced the bloke who has taken over isn’t going to end well. His behaviour seems very odd for a guy of  his credence 

11 hours ago, tomski said:

Convinced the bloke who has taken over isn’t going to end well. His behaviour seems very odd for a guy of  his credence 

Does come across very cocky on social media talking about how much money they've got but he's American I think so probably explains it

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Does come across very cocky on social media talking about how much money they've got but he's American I think so probably explains it

Genuinely wealthy people rarely talk about how much money they have..🤷‍♂️

• 4 weeks later...