Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Put your phones away in the stadium and watch the game, at the end of the day that's what we go for 😏 

Nowt wrong with looking for scores at half time. More entertaining than standing in a queue waiting to be served by gaumless gibbons.

Not in favour of the ban, what’s next no Ale? (Not that I drink during yet game) but it’s looking more and more like a sterilised offer to me add the kneeling and the general mee mawing for some one who’s popped their clogs  then it’s slowly becoming a place I’m less likely to visit. Today’s offer is nothing like the slap bang wallop offer of the 1970s when I fell in love with BWFC & football. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not in favour of the ban, what’s next no Ale? (Not that I drink during yet game) but it’s looking more and more like a sterilised offer to me add the kneeling and the general mee mawing for some one who’s popped their clogs  then it’s slowly becoming a place I’m less likely to visit. Today’s offer is nothing like the slap bang wallop offer of the 1970s when I fell in love with BWFC & football. 

Something in that, thin end of the wedge?

What I would say though - were there betting kiosks at burnden, was it traditionally part of the matchday experience? 

I think it's right that society needs to tackle the over availability of betting as there is clearly a problem, but I understand that a quick bet before the game is probably no different to buying a golden goal type thing for the vast majority of people.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Something in that, thin end of the wedge?

What I would say though - were there betting kiosks at burnden, was it traditionally part of the matchday experience? 

I think it's right that society needs to tackle the over availability of betting as there is clearly a problem, but I understand that a quick bet before the game is probably no different to buying a golden goal type thing for the vast majority of people.

Don’t often bet at the match but I’d occasionally pick first goal scorer, Pre match at Burnden I’d bet at the bookies on manny road. It’s just a creeping sanitisation of the game and that’s why I’m not in favour. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t often bet at the match but I’d occasionally pick first goal scorer, Pre match at Burnden I’d bet at the bookies on manny road. It’s just a creeping sanitisation of the game and that’s why I’m not in favour. 

I agree that the potential is there.

Clearly things change over time, but football has always been about passion, emotions, a break from the daily routine. It mustn't become part of the grinding norm.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Every gambling ad says it ought to be fun. Even the fun stops,  stop. 

All the while Paddy Power and his ilk get rich from the misery of those who can't stop.

Therein is the issue. Always been betting, and shops etc.

Good argument that it is now too easy, but it will always be there.

Finding the right balance is the difficulty.