Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

But with the sheer numbers going in there, it’s now become a victim of its own success and that extra space elsewhere is needed. Tbh with the lack of away pubs near the ground, I can’t help thinking we’re missing a trick with their spend one way or another, even if it means losing a few spaces on car park A and sticking a tent up. 

Beehive opening soon and Barnstormers next year, so they will be fine elsewhere.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Horwich said:

Correct. I would spend more this afternoon if they had a bar you could go in before the game 

Exactly. Most fans are having a drink somewhere before the match. If there was a place that wasn't awash with shit ale I'd make the effort to spend it with the club.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

But with the sheer numbers going in there, it’s now become a victim of its own success and that extra space elsewhere is needed. Tbh with the lack of away pubs near the ground, I can’t help thinking we’re missing a trick with their spend one way or another, even if it means losing a few spaces on car park A and sticking a tent up. 

Think a beer tent would be good option, don’t see the club getting involved with running a bar full time. Saying that Fylde have a top sports bar in one side of the stadium.

• Members

Problem with opening a stand alone bar is being heavily reliant on the home game custom
How many games a month? 2 maybe 3 at best. 
So what happens the rest of the time? 
New restaurant to compete with a populated restaurant retail park? 

Be better off the club looking at striking a deal with existing places to be dedicated match bars on match days 

All well and good getting a marquee/tent on the car park, what happens with the shite weather?

Keoghs opening up would be a big project if we even own it?

Arena would be a decent space to open up  Doubt they’re using all their space or the land at the side of it for a more permanent area but again what’s it then used for the rest of the time

• Moderators

I was in the hotel after the game and you cant fault them for what they did with the quick pours.

The problem is the staff at the stadium and no one is ever gonna work somewhere like that, for about 5 hours, a couple of times a month.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Gonk said:

She could take Shannon and have a chat with her

That made me smile 😊.

Shannon and Sharon - it’s got a ring to it.

Reminds me of the conversation I had with my eldest (17) about Shannon’s antics last night, when my middle one (14) came into the room saying why would Sharon be behaving like that when she owns the club?

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, desperado said:

That made me smile 😊.

Shannon and Sharon - it’s got a ring to it.

Reminds me of the conversation I had with my eldest (17) about Shannon’s antics last night, when my middle one (14) came into the room saying why would Sharon be behaving like that when she owns the club?

Could I ask, out of interest, what someone a similar age thinks? I went to Plymouth with my lad, 26 and met up with similar aged lads, all dead sensible, not your Johnny Concrete types. The consensus was shrugged shoulders and ‘she’s a dick. 
At 59, my view of her antics the two times I’ve seen her (Sheffield Weds and Plymouth) was that she is vulnerable to lads cajoling her then laughing AT her rather than with her. Things like this tend to ruin your future when everything gets posted on line for any future employer to see. That’s the bit she needs to be aware of. Her antics don’t particularly bother me. The number of “friends” willing to capture those antics on their phone and share them with the world worries me for her sake and her future.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Could I ask, out of interest, what someone a similar age thinks? I went to Plymouth with my lad, 26 and met up with similar aged lads, all dead sensible, not your Johnny Concrete types. The consensus was shrugged shoulders and ‘she’s a dick. 
At 59, my view of her antics the two times I’ve seen her (Sheffield Weds and Plymouth) was that she is vulnerable to lads cajoling her then laughing AT her rather than with her. Things like this tend to ruin your future when everything gets posted on line for any future employer to see. That’s the bit she needs to be aware of. Her antics don’t particularly bother me. The number of “friends” willing to capture those antics on their phone and share them with the world worries me for her sake and her future.

He doesn’t like her and finds her actions embarrassing and cringeworthy. He’s not one of these cajoling her and videoing her, he gets away from her and goes to a different area of the concourse to engage in his own (type in your own definitions ……) singing, dancing, chanting, wafting the smoke bombs around (that’s a different conversation - he knows my thoughts on this and what would happen if he instigated any of that nonsense) You have to trust them.

But back on point I have chatted with him about Shannon and tried to educate him around the male/female stereotyping of this behaviour and questioning should it be any different? Telling him she’s just as passionate a fan as we are,  And also (although he gets this) about the bullying and victimisation aspect to it.

22 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Sharon doing a charity walk, and wants volunteers to join her.

Chairman Sharon Brittan is to lead a group of fundraisers on a walk from Bolton Wanderers to Accrington Stanley to raise money to enhance Bolton Wanderers in the Community’s mental health provision – and she wants you to join her.

i fancy that, but i really don't want to mither folk for money to be honest, I don't like it, especially so close to Christmas.  I love our Shaz, she leads the way yet again.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In real terms, what does this mean or signify?

Others will know better, but I think we no longer need or have settled the loans provided by Lucock and Sharon to the business when FV bought it which were covered by charges against various bits of the business.  There is still a charge against the hotel in favour of Prescott Business Parks which presumably is Michael James.

Also on Companies House today is a posting by FV to reduce share capital and a separate solvency statement (usually a statement by the Directors that the company can pay all its debts within 12 months).  The docs are not yet up yet on the site though.  I think this is good news - but stand to be corrected!  

Marc lies on Twitter

information on the Companies House docs.
Looks like 750,000 shares held by Football Ventures (the company) have been scrubbed off, leaving things tidier. Sharon Brittan (1,250,000), Michael James (500k) and Nick Luckock (250k) now the main players. 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Mantra said:

FV sorting out the shares, terminating Comley contract, and sorting out the 4 deals for Jones, MJ, Thomason, Lee.

Getting their ducks in a row before January. Hopefully Chris Markham and Ian Evatt have their transfer targets lined up and ready to go.

Be good to get Dapo's contract extended by a year or two, strengthen the squad at full-back, striker and attacking midfield.

Couple that with Amaechi return, maybe Politic and or Darcy coming back from loan and an up-turn in form on the pitch, we should have a positive start to 2022.

COYW

Cheery post to set up the weekend. :good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 21/10/2021 at 11:13, DomRepWanderer said:

Sharon doing a charity walk, and wants volunteers to join her.

Chairman Sharon Brittan is to lead a group of fundraisers on a walk from Bolton Wanderers to Accrington Stanley to raise money to enhance Bolton Wanderers in the Community’s mental health provision – and she wants you to join her.

30 folk signed up to walk with her so far apparently...

Sharons just giving page....  https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sharon-brittan?