Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Euro 2020

MickyD

• Members
27 minutes ago, MickyD said:

My lad and one of the lads we sit with at home games have had a drive to Sheffield to buy a pair tonight. SIX HUNDRED FUCKING QUID!

It’ll be worth it 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

I’ve seen the ticket outlets charging £1500. Could someone explain to me how that isn’t corporate ticket touting?

I assume it’s because they are just the platform that allows people who have tickets to sell them. Then they take a commission based on sales price.

I did see on one site that a particular seller was offering up to 20 tickets at £1,500 a pop. That’s outrageous. 

There's still 1,000 tickets for tomorrow's game on the ticket sites - cheapest at the minute is just under £700. But there's a service fee of around £250 per ticket as well.

That's 1,000 tickets out of a total of 60,000 in the stadium. At some point in the next 24 hours, those tickets are going to come down rapidly in price or they are going to be stuck with them.

I'm still refreshing the page on the UEFA ticket portal. Managed to get 4 tickets into my basket just now - but couldn't get past the bit where I had to click on the "prove you are not a robot" bit. It was just blank. I've nearly smashed my screen!

2 minutes ago, L/H White said:

same only cat1s available now and can't even get the access codes to work

been like this all tournament

can get tickets for tonigh though ha

Yep, saw the Fans First ones for 85 euros earlier.

Edited by Smiley

Just now, L/H White said:

it should be there, its just a random generated 5 digit number

sometimes its there, sometimes its not

sites on its arse due to the traffic its getting

Ok, thought I was going mad. Fuckers!

Tried random numbers! haha

8 minutes ago, L/H White said:

its not worth the hassle

absolute ballache

Totally sold out now. Just waiting on the tout sites to drop their prices. Will give it until 10am tomorrow and then fuck it off and spend the money on a new sofa or something! haha

• Site Supporter

Really is a piss take all these tickets being re-sold for huge profits.

Not sure if they're doing the lateral flow test checks for admission, but if they are, then they could have checked that the person with the ticket is the person that bought it. Stop touts from doing their business.

On 06/07/2021 at 17:24, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Really is a piss take all these tickets being re-sold for huge profits.

Not sure if they're doing the lateral flow test checks for admission, but if they are, then they could have checked that the person with the ticket is the person that bought it. Stop touts from doing their business.

Yep, later flow test or NHS app to get in the stadium.

However, its a tough call. I wouldn't have got a ticket if it wasn't for the tout websites. I'm pretty sure there are many 1000s more England fans more deserving of a ticket than me. Most folk we spoke to who had tickets had paid silly money. And are prepared to pay silly money for the final. Its a once-in-a-lifetime for many of us. (actually hope its not, and we dominate world and Euro football for many years to come).

However, I won't be going to the final. Talking £4k now for a ticket. TBH I think I'll be happier watching it from home. I'm content savouring the sweet smell of semi final success and a day on the piss in London. Great memories!!

Edited by Smiley

• Site Supporter

Loads of folk I know bought the semis and final tickets before the tournament kicked off. If it had been anyone else but England I think they’d be left holding tickets. There is a limited demand for watching any other team.

That said, if Scotland had somehow got through, I may be inclined to attend for the comedy value.