Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln away

Marc505

24 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Why did we play in the 1st & 2nd round that season? Was it when the FA were fannying about with the number of premier league clubs?

Yes. Stoke went to round 3 but BWFC and WBA started in R1.

We went on a run with PL opponents in 3, 4, 5 and 6. Having beaten Everton, Arsenal and Villa we lost to Oldham.

WBA fell at the first at Halifax.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not going to watch. Unfortunately, I find his interviews repetitive and a bit tedious.

However, so long as it's right on the pitch, I don't give a fuck.

Win 2-1.

know what you mean, but he came across well in this one.

We were just promoted, and back then teams promoted in to the second tier entered in round 1. 

It was also the season I got the bug

Not watched the clip yet, does browny score a peach? Yellow kit, I think it wasn't manufactured by Reebok per se, it was a generic material, and they added the collar from the home and away kit. 

I remember flicking through sky, and finding it on a late Saturday night or something. As the lad of a Utd fan I was pretty oblivious to our TV exposure back then. 

It wasn't available to buy, until the end of the season from Centre Spot. I could've probably bought Stubbs match shirt, but didn't. 

I was clearly a foolish teenager with no foresight

Edited by Dr Faustus

11 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

We were just promoted, and back then teams promoted in to the second tier entered in round 1. 

Not watched the clip yet, does browny score a peach? Yellow kit, I think it wasn't manufactured by Reebok per se, it was a generic material, and they added the collar from the home and away kit. 

It wasn't available to buy, until the end of the season from Centre Spot. I could've probably bought Stubbs match shirt, but didn't. 

I was clearly a foolish teenager with no foresight

I actually thought it seemed different from the other a yellow away kit we'd had barely a year earlier. Wonder why that came about?

22 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I actually thought it seemed different from the other a yellow away kit we'd had barely a year earlier. Wonder why that came about?

Just had a peek, yeah that kit is like rocking horse shit now. 

It's the year we moved from matchwinner to reebok as suppliers etc

When did we play Sheffield Wednesday in the league cup? I dunno if the Lincoln game was the third kits debut, but when we played Sheffield Wednesday, they were made to wear the matchwinner kit from the pervious season. 

Fuck I feel old

7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

We played in the same one at boro away when McGinlay scored that header on telly. 

I never saw it released and until that Lincoln video above I’d not seen us play in it anywhere else. 

Although West Brom away that season when McAteer scored is now sticking in my head.  

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

We played in the same one at boro away when McGinlay scored that header on telly. 

I never saw it released and until that Lincoln video above I’d not seen us play in it anywhere else. 

Although West Brom away that season when McAteer scored is now sticking in my head.  

I don't know what's worse, you remembering that or me scouring a WBA season review for it, we start at exactly 30 mins in.

Two words, Aidan Davison.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

I’m thinking a 2-2 at West Brom?

sure our keeper was sent off Russell holt 

Well Sheffield is going to be interesting! I notice the train times have altered slightly, now arriving in Sheffield at 10:34 instead of 10:36, looks like Leeds are on the train & they apparently have been banned from the trams after previous incidents. Police are supposed to be kettling them & walking them Wednesday!