Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

South Africa

Boby Brno

Root's tackle did it, and its normally Root out front defending them playing like children whenever it's questioned.

In other joyful news, England have picked the emergency call up spinner instead of Parkinson who was actually in the squad and has wasted his winter watching these muppets lose Tests from the sideline.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Trip Advisor says 2AUD but that's a few years out of date.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g312582-d6750786-r249568081-PPC_Newlands_Cricket-Newlands_Western_Cape.html

Boby Brno is there, so hope for an update.

I wish I was there!

Lack of WiFi limiting any updates but I’ll try later (beer consumption allowing) beer £1.87 in the ground. See earlier comment. Red hot yesterday, windy and overcast today.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Take it

England 1/6 on Cricinfo

It was a percentage thing, just had a look. Not changed, 42% England, 47% SA. Reckon someone isn't bothering with updates.

Anyway, it's great to see upper order chaps looking so comfortable.

Want Sibley to get his century now.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No problem!

Over rate isn't helping, but we've been needing top order lads that can graft. Grind down the bowlers.

100%

I went on a few of our European adventures but nothing beats watching Test Cricket abroad. I’ve met some great people (many from Bolton)  all with a common aim of watching the England cricket team. I’ve also met many South Africans who have an equal passion for their own team. 
Newlands is Like Burnden, outdated but lots of character. 
Spent the last two days on the grass bank. Proper cricket. 
South Africans are very competitive, just like the Aussies but nicer.

Some England fans here love Cape Town, some hate it. I’ll reserve my judgment. Watching cricket all day doesn’t allow much time for other things but Im really enjoying my time out here.

Will try and put the flag in a more prominent position tomorrow if we can get up earlier enough. (Just for Emma)
My wife has never been a cricket fan but she is loving this. If you’ve never done it before, give it a try. You won’t be dissspointed.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Good position. Need to avoid losing too many to the new ball, and make some good runs.

Good first session and the game could be England's

Bloody hard to lose from here!

24 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I went on a few of our European adventures but nothing beats watching Test Cricket abroad. I’ve met some great people (many from Bolton)  all with a common aim of watching the England cricket team. I’ve also met many South Africans who have an equal passion for their own team. 
Newlands is Like Burnden, outdated but lots of character. 
Spent the last two days on the grass bank. Proper cricket. 
South Africans are very competitive, just like the Aussies but nicer.

Some England fans here love Cape Town, some hate it. I’ll reserve my judgment. Watching cricket all day doesn’t allow much time for other things but Im really enjoying my time out here.

Will try and put the flag in a more prominent position tomorrow if we can get up earlier enough. (Just for Emma)
My wife has never been a cricket fan but she is loving this. If you’ve never done it before, give it a try. You won’t be dissspointed.

Fab

No doubt down the V&A Waterfront tonight.

great city! 

10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Saw the odd bwfc flag, dunno if it was yours, but not exactly easy to pick folk out.

Positioned it to the right of the sight screen. We are sat elsewhere though. Attempt to get into our taxi this morning by an opportunistic thief. Luckily, the driver had locked the doors. Normal practice it seems. As I said earlier, I’ll reserve judgment on Cape Town.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

Positioned it to the right of the sight screen. We are sat elsewhere though. Attempt to get into our taxi this morning by an opportunistic thief. Luckily, the driver had locked the doors. Normal practice it seems. As I said earlier, I’ll reserve judgment on Cape Town.

Cunts. Folk bringing plenty of money into the local economy and that's the thanks you get.

Stories I was told by some friends who used to live in SA made your hair stand up.

Couldn't really see myself going, which is a shame as it looks a great place.

Stay safe.