Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst Score Lines You Have Ever Witnessed.

leigh white

8 hours ago, leigh white said:

The 6-1 defeat at Notts County in 84.

The 0-6 home defeat on Black Sunday in 96.

I went to both those matches, have never seen us ship 7 in.

Man Utd hurt far more. We were 6-0 down at Notts at half time so it could have been a lot worse.

There was a photo of the 1,500 or so Bolton fans at Notts in a  WanderersWorldwide fanzine.Seem to remember there were portacabins for bogs under the stand which weren't suitable for such a large following

• Site Supporter

One of my worst defeats was away at Blackpool in a meaningless cup competition. It was a local semi final or final i think and we'd been undefeated for about around 20+ games and were massive favourites. I think it may have been the 99 points and 100 goal season. 

Also that season we lost 5-2 at Southend. That one pissed me off a bit too. 

Obviously black Sunday, Stoke City at Wembley and the Reading and Accrington defeats will be on my list too.

Edited by MickyD

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes, indeed.

Oldham as well in the cup

Having been underdogs in the previous rounds to being possible favourites even though they were in the prem

Outplayed them and they score with their only shot on goal(?) as a result of a mistake by Patterson less than ten minutes from time

That hurt

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

Outplayed them and they score with their only shot on goal(?) as a result of a mistake by Patterson less than ten minutes from time

Back in the days when a player fucking up to lose us a game wasn't castigated for the rest of his career with us. 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Having been underdogs in the previous rounds to being possible favourites even though they were in the prem

That hurt

Quite. Forgot about that one. Fancied us that day.