Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool

Marc505

• Site Supporter
22 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Karl’s a great lad, I get on well with him, he’s now passed managers role to Spencer B who plays for the first team, still helps him out though. 

Was supposed to be playing them this weekend gone but obviously weather affected.

played them earlier in the season, impressive set up and a good set of lads.

57 minutes ago, fatolive said:

I don’t play for anyone, too old and shite 😄

my lad plays for Park Utd in the youth team, playing in the u18 league 

Saw a park united team beat one of our teams in the last 12 months, very good team not sure what age group. Think it might of been against Karl’s team under 18s. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Saw a park united team beat one of our teams in the last 12 months, very good team not sure what age group. 

We only have an open age adult team and the one youth team, play at u18 but officially u17.

we did win back in November just gone and that’s the only time we’ve played there at that age as we were BBDFL previous seasons so could have been that game you saw. 

Was on the pitch right next to the club house , across the road from the main pitch 

1 minute ago, fatolive said:

We only have an open age adult team and the one youth team, play at u18 but officially u17.

we did win back in November just gone and that’s the only time we’ve played there at that age as we were BBDFL previous seasons so could have been that game you saw. 

Was on the pitch right next to the club house , across the road from the main pitch 

It will have been the November game think it was 3-0 at HT and 4 soon after. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It will have been the November game think it was 3-0 at HT and 4 soon after. 

That’s the one, finished 5-1 which belies how closely matched it was, everything went for us in front of goal that day to be fair wasn’t a 5-1 difference in teams. 

But, that’s nowt do with Blackpool and hijacked the thread a bit 

to bring it back on track, I’m not going but my lad who played that day is along with some of his team mates, so it’s kind of linked ... :D

10 minutes ago, fatolive said:

That’s the one, finished 5-1 which belies how closely matched it was, everything went for us in front of goal that day to be fair wasn’t a 5-1 difference in teams. 

But, that’s nowt do with Blackpool and hijacked the thread a bit 

to bring it back on track, I’m not going but my lad who played that day is along with some of his team mates, so it’s kind of linked ... :D

Good on him it’s the youth who need to fly the flag, I’ll be rushing back from training to watch it in the comfort of my front room. 

11 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Would love it if we beat these twats and laid to rest many long years since our last win at Bloomfield in December 1977. 

Very hard to see it happening  - other than their form is dreadful too. 

A hard fought draw would suit me. I suspect it'll be a 3-1 defeat, sadly.

Whatever happens - at least they didn't win at ours in October.

Away wins have not happened in this fixture at Burnden/Horwich or Bloomfield since 1986. None of our other derby fixtures have a run like that attached to them. We even won at Bury a couple of times in league and cup and they won loads at ours in the 80s.

It felt like a win when we got to Wembley at theirs in 1989 .... but that was a draw and we won on aggregate courtesy of Julian Darby's winner in the Burnden match.

Tonight will be my 11th or 12th visit in an attempt to see us finally win there. 

A last minute equaliser denied us in 1985.  An outrageous penalty decision against us meant we only drew the Sherpa Van final in 89. An injury to David Lee and another dubious penalty did for us in 1993.  Freedmans over cautious approach meant a 0-0 in a midweeker a few years ago.

I hope lady luck is watching down on us for once this evening. 

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

An outrageous penalty decision against us meant we only drew the Sherpa Van final in 89. An injury to David Lee and another dubious penalty did for us in 1993.  Freedmans over cautious approach meant a 0-0 in a midweeker a few years ago.

Can't find the Roadrunner video but vividly remember Dave incandescent with rage when the penalty got given against us. To be fair it was outside the area but Winstanley's foul was was the most clear cut red card ever applying today's rules. 

Dave then screaming JUSTICE when we equalised 😂

Edited by jayjayoghani

Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

Never driven there for a game before but if manage to get home in time might give it a whirl, are them big car parks closest to the ground the best option ?

You can park for free on the streets not far from the ground but we did the main car parks for the other year. Cost about £7 but at least we were straight off after the game. 

10 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Tonight will be my 11th or 12th visit in an attempt to see us finally win there. 

A last minute equaliser denied us in 1985.  An outrageous penalty decision against us meant we only drew the Sherpa Van final in 89. An injury to David Lee and another dubious penalty did for us in 1993.  Freedmans over cautious approach meant a 0-0 in a midweeker a few years ago.

It's unlikely tonight. 

I was there for that last minute equaliser in 1985. To be fair they dominated that game and deserved something but it was galling to get so late in the game before they equalised. Was there in 93 as well. Andy Walker was injured for that game. We should have had the 3 points.

It's not so bad as long as they can't win at ours either. But it'd be good to put it to bed.