Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Well no idea what to make of that?
We played far better than expected and didn't deserve to lose, however...

Went wi mi Dad who knows far more about football than I ever will, played in reserves in the 60s with some proper players...

He is also a little more subjective than me,  his take was man for man Rochdale had no better talent than we did, however they were drilled and knew what style of play was expected of them. And we didn't!

KH is getting defensive because he should be getting more from the resources he has had at his disposal!

And finally, Murphy is fucking gash, yes he can score but adds absolutely nothing to the team. He is no target man tat is for certain!

Your Dad sounds like he might know what he's talking about but I have a hard time believing our midfield was as good as theirs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sadly so do I thin end of the wedge this    And he can fuck off with this “keep putting my neck on the line”, like he’s doing us a favour. I must’ve missed it when He turned down Madrid an

Read Hills comments and while he may be taking some of the social media muppets to heart hes basically right. There was one mon on after Burton saying we should be beating these at home! Not any more

Thing is Keith lad, we ain’t Rochdale or Barnsley.  Aye, we’re in the shit but, rightly or wrongly, we’re always going to have high expectations. Your fucking job is to try and get near thos

11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Murphy ain’t fit to lace madines boots 

league 2 enjoy 

Ha ha ha ha course he is

Madine has scored 3 goals since he left us. 3

On that time big Daz has scored double that at least (at the same level as Madine for a shitter team) plus the 7? for us.

And he’s not a cry baby who subs himself

Anyway shall we move on from your fanboying to more current affairs?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

If KH's rant is aimed at the fans, it's a fucking insult to every single person who went today and backed them to the hilt.

Our support has been magnificent this season - that's what he should be saying.

If he starts trying to create an "us and them" situation between the management/players v the fans, then i fear for his future.

If it's a US and THEM situation, it should be with the players on the pitch. That's the problem, he's looking for excuses and blame, HillCroft knew the situation when they came in and first and foremost the least I expected was to get the players drilled and organised and create a US v THEM situation.... at the moment it aint fuckin happening.

He thinks he's the Liam Gallagher of the lower leagues, he's chatting shit in his fake manc accent and trying to dress like Pep Guardiola.... from my point of view it ain't working and I will put you money on it that Ian Hollaways Grimsby will dick us big time next year!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A striker that can score, but adds nothing to the team?

Really?

He's 36 and banging them in as well as anyone has for us in recent times. In a fairly poor side. What more do you expect of him?

Perhaps if we played it on the floor a bit more like we did earlier in the season then he'd bring others in more often.

All things considered, he's been the best loan/freebie of the lot.

Murphy was awful today. Didn’t look one bit interested. Darcy’s two decent chances really should have been falling to Murphy, but he was too busy hiding from the ball. That said, it’s quite right that he’s one of the first names on the team sheet given his record this season so I’ll put today down to an off day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

If KH's rant is aimed at the fans, it's a fucking insult to every single person who went today and backed them to the hilt.

Our support has been magnificent this season - that's what he should be saying.

If he starts trying to create an "us and them" situation between the management/players v the fans, then i fear for his future.

I dont think this is aimed at the fans at all . 

Listened to it several times over and I reckon its more likely aimed at some of the senior footballing staff employed within the club that remain in situ. ( Academy etc ) . Maybe FV are talking to more than one person within the club about footballing matters and maybe he is hitting out at that , as maybe he perceives a lack of support from within as certain people are happy to watch him fail . 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's 36 and banging them in as well as anyone has for us in recent times. In a fairly poor side. What more do you expect of him?

 

I expect him to help us get up the pitch more, like the lad last week for Burton did. I expect him to influence the game more, he is an international striker ffs.

Regardless, he is a great signing for this level and I wish we had a better team to put around him, but we don't, and he could do more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we did ok today and were a bit unlucky.  Woodwork twice, a few guilt edge chances that were hit straight at the keeper.  They had a lucky deflected goal.

hamilton looked good as did the Ipswich guy, also thought Emmanuel had his best game for us today.

 

accept we are going down and rebuild for next season - if by December we aren’t in the top few in division 2, then we start asking questions

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I dont think this is aimed at the fans at all . 

Listened to it several times over and I reckon its more likely aimed at some of the senior footballing staff employed within the club that remain in situ. ( Academy etc ) . Maybe FV are talking to more than one person within the club about footballing matters and maybe he is hitting out at that , as maybe he perceives a lack of support from within as certain people are happy to watch him fail . 

 

 

Agreed - lot of people that were involved in the OLD regime are still knocking about - not sure that is a good think.

 Ew owners, new manager, new players - we need to all change and move forward

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Ha ha ha ha course he is

Madine has scored 3 goals since he left us. 3

On that time big Daz has scored double that at least (at the same level as Madine for a shitter team) plus the 7? for us.

And he’s not a cry baby who subs himself

Anyway shall we move on from your fanboying to more current affairs?

 

Get to a game baldy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We did ok today. Unlucky to lose. The new midfielder looks a cut above what had before. 
 

need to listen to the Hill rant properly but as mentioned he should at least be mentioning that today we probably outnumbered the home fans. There was no turning on the players or management. We have lost 4 times to Rochdale this season fans of other clubs would be dishing out a lot more shit than comparing them to previous managers. The majority of our fans know we are in the shit and are sticking by the club and supporting the team. The one thing that has helped the club survive in last few months had been the unity between club/fans/management.  Hill needs to reflect on that. He almost seems to disregard/dismiss the kids who played at the start of the season. 
 

We are in a unique position. Hill needs to understand what the fans have been through. If he does not like the situation he has the option to walk away, we do not have that. I am a long from convinced by him but would love it to work out. He seems to spend a lot of words trying to make him sound clever. But it ain’t working. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just how KH behaves and always has, wants to come across as a professor of the game. If he delivers on the pitch it's fine, if not he just comes across like a total cock and people, especially those paying to go, have to make their own minds up where he is on that scale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I dont think this is aimed at the fans at all . 

Listened to it several times over and I reckon its more likely aimed at some of the senior footballing staff employed within the club that remain in situ. ( Academy etc ) . Maybe FV are talking to more than one person within the club about footballing matters and maybe he is hitting out at that , as maybe he perceives a lack of support from within as certain people are happy to watch him fail . 

 

 

Hmm, I'm not sure. When asked where he thought the criticism was coming from he said "Press. Opinions. Everybody is tweeting, everybody is comparing to what they did last time".

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind KH, think he'll be a decent manager for us given time, he does appear pretty sensitive, he was like that at Rochdale, he needs to grow a thicker skin, maybe like Megson. Just hope the fans give him time and let him rebuild for next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Hmm, I'm not sure. When asked where he thought the criticism was coming from he said "Press. Opinions. Everybody is tweeting, everybody is comparing to what they did last time".

Did he actually say this?

bloke needs to get off Twitter ffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No.1 rule of Management - don’t slate the fans, it never ever ends well and is quite often the beginning of the end.

Like a few others, I won’t watch his interviews, he comes across as an absolute clown - I hope he’s not like that in real life / on the training ground etc. because I can’t imagine the players can find much sense in what he’s saying.

Football wise I don’t really care, we’re down this season so he’s got no expectations (apart from building and bringing through youth etc). However, the last thing this club needs is more division, whether that’s falling out with players or the fans and so far it looks like he’s doing his best to have a good go at both. If that carries off then he can fuck off for me before he does any more damage to a fragile club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I dont think this is aimed at the fans at all . 

Listened to it several times over and I reckon its more likely aimed at some of the senior footballing staff employed within the club that remain in situ. ( Academy etc ) . Maybe FV are talking to more than one person within the club about footballing matters and maybe he is hitting out at that , as maybe he perceives a lack of support from within as certain people are happy to watch him fail . 

 

 

He's in charge of the playing side, so sack the fuckers.

His comments that included "the club not being on the same page" did seem like a dig at fv. Then later on he says they've been good.

Must be aimed at others then, which he should be sorting in house. He's the man in charge ffs. Don't air it in public.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Ani said:

We did ok today. Unlucky to lose. The new midfielder looks a cut above what had before. 
 

need to listen to the Hill rant properly but as mentioned he should at least be mentioning that today we probably outnumbered the home fans. There was no turning on the players or management. We have lost 4 times to Rochdale this season fans of other clubs would be dishing out a lot more shit than comparing them to previous managers. The majority of our fans know we are in the shit and are sticking by the club and supporting the team. The one thing that has helped the club survive in last few months had been the unity between club/fans/management.  Hill needs to reflect on that. He almost seems to disregard/dismiss the kids who played at the start of the season. 
 

We are in a unique position. Hill needs to understand what the fans have been through. If he does not like the situation he has the option to walk away, we do not have that. I am a long from convinced by him but would love it to work out. He seems to spend a lot of words trying to make him sound clever. But it ain’t working. 

last time we played them in the league at their place 2016, we lost 2-0, players and management got dogs abuse , not today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.