Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Ryder RIP

parrybones

Great lad from the Lever End Years, a few older heads may remember Brentford away mid 70s(League liner) Bolton took over a Pub near the ground, Tommy, Barny, O'Connor brothers, Took to the stage singing ,when will I see you again, ( three degrees) great times, R,I,P Tommy,

• Members
On 05/01/2020 at 03:01, Take Hunt Off said:

Would have known him by sight given the info above , especially if he was a regular away fan .Didnt do any of the league liners Ā but plenty of train tripsĀ 

RIP Tommy

Almost word for word what I would have written.

Ā 

RIP Tommy.

2 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Very, very unlikely......he wasn't that kind of fan !!

Sorry if that enquiry caused offence

I was visiting a mate in hospital & showed him the original post

This guy was also an old Lever Ender who attended far more away games than me & posed the question .I should have known better as his pain killing medication is quite strong !

No doubt we would both have known him by sight.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

34 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Sorry if that enquiry caused offence

I was visiting a mate in hospital & showed him the original post

This guy was also an old Lever Ender who attended far more away games than me & posed the question .I should have known better as his pain killing medication is quite strong !

No doubt we would both have known him by sight.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No, no offence at all, it's just that Tommy R was part of Barney's crowd at the match & i can't remember him wearing any colours at the match, let alone a tin helmet. ( that doesn't mean he never ever did in earlier days )

I do have a small photo of us together in the 70's but not the ability to post it here, & i'm not sure it would be the right thing to do anyway. He was only a smallish chap & didn't go out of his way to get noticed so it's possible people would not remember him if they didn't know him.

RIP

On 13/01/2020 at 23:06, bolton va va said:

No, no offence at all, it's just that Tommy R was part of Barney's crowd at the match & i can't remember him wearing any colours at the match, let alone a tin helmet. ( that doesn't mean he never ever did in earlier days )

I do have a small photo of us together in the 70's but not the ability to post it here, & i'm not sure it would be the right thing to do anyway. He was only a smallish chap & didn't go out of his way to get noticed so it's possible people would not remember him if they didn't know him.

RIP

Be great to see thatĀ photo. Love the old BWFC photos, fans and players, often brings memories back.Ā šŸ‘

Edited by Mounts Kipper

11 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Be great to see thatĀ photo. Love the old BWFC photos, fans and players, often brings memories back.Ā šŸ‘

Yes, I like the old pics & not long ago saw some good ones in a mate's mostly 80's photos which included Preston away when we took millions, Winny's bashed coach at Millwall, TR's sponsored walk to Wigan last time the club was on its arse & some random others. Happy days.

2 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Yes, I like the old pics & not long ago saw some good ones in a mate's mostly 80's photos which included Preston away when we took millions, Winny's bashed coach at Millwall, TR's sponsored walk to Wigan last time the club was on its arse & some random others. Happy days.

They need putting in the gallery on here.Ā 

On 16/01/2020 at 09:02, Mounts Kipper said:

Ā 

20 hours ago, bolton va va said:

I quite like the old pictures , theĀ one below is of the crowd in the Manchester Road North Terrace from circa 1970 -71 . It was when I first started going as a youngster and is as I remember it - seemed quite a moody place , we as kids went down at the front by the fence and all the grown ups had their own particular spot. My then mates elder brother who took me to my first game ( passed away in the 1980s) is on the picture , and If you look under the arch on the right there is an asian ladĀ which was not at all aĀ common sight inĀ those days.Ā 

Be interested If any of the older lads on here know anyone - there is one chap with a round neck shirt immediately behind the dugout that i seem to remember as being a regular on the coaches toĀ away games in the laterĀ  70s but i cannot remember his nameĀ 

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin