Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Portsmouth (H)

globaldiver

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t think there is anyone else left who could play and improve us but that does not make me feel any better. We have a non league squad in all but name. 

This is the worst squad in BWFC history so its going to be a massive turn round if we can get up from League 2 next season

10 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Booking already

EFL refs are doing us

Their mon should have been sent off there but only a booking

Only thing I can think of is that there was a covering defender (couldn’t necessarily tell from NSL) but even then I’d have thought launching in to the tackle in the manner he did - particularly from behind - would be worthy of a red card in itself. 

So many offences from Pompey that are going unpunished that you can guarantee would be a booking if we did it. I hate bagging referees but it is happening so often that it does make you wonder. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt

Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Matthews slides in to collect the ball, Nsiala gets bowled over and it appears as if Harrison's studs catch the Bolton defender, who reacts... Ref waves away the problem.

Plus that was definitely a red card

Being ripped off again

Yeah their mon definitely knew what he was doing with that one. No reason to follow through how he did and had loads of time to change his course. 

0-1. Not strong enough from Matthews to hold on to the initial header. And all from a debatable free kick. 

4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Matthews slides in to collect the ball, Nsiala gets bowled over and it appears as if Harrison's studs catch the Bolton defender, who reacts... Ref waves away the problem.

Right in front of me any contact was accidental.

He's ace that Harrison, proper shithouse.

He'd be a fucking hero if he played for us.

Fucking soft free kicks doing us again

• Site Supporter

Ref apart, we can't have many complaints. Dodoo has got that centre half for pace, as was shown for the none red. Yet we almost always look for the long ball to his head, instead of building and trying to slip him in.

Hamilton on the wrong side, and there's a big hole at times in font of our left back. He is showing for the ball though, and is finding some room between the lines, but no-one is finding him.

Very unbalanced, and not good at all. However, we're not out of it, we've created a couple of openings. A bit more belief and who knows.

10 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

How the fuck did O'Grady miss that?

Thought Dodoo should have done better with the initial header but a player of O’Grady’s experience really shouldn’t be so flat footed in that situation. Competing really well on the whole though and really deserve to get something out of this.