Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Portsmouth (H)

boltondiver

• Site Supporter

Ref apart, we can't have many complaints. Dodoo has got that centre half for pace, as was shown for the none red. Yet we almost always look for the long ball to his head, instead of building and trying to slip him in.

Hamilton on the wrong side, and there's a big hole at times in font of our left back. He is showing for the ball though, and is finding some room between the lines, but no-one is finding him.

Very unbalanced, and not good at all. However, we're not out of it, we've created a couple of openings. A bit more belief and who knows.

10 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

How the fuck did O'Grady miss that?

Thought Dodoo should have done better with the initial header but a player of O’Grady’s experience really shouldn’t be so flat footed in that situation. Competing really well on the whole though and really deserve to get something out of this. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Second half lots of positives, Hamilton, Politic who was superb, 2 up top could be the way forward with ogrady as target man, new full looked steady. 

Did you say Paul O'Grady as target man, really.......I'm hoping you mean in a different sport, like Archery 😏

Can't fault the effort today. Just lack of quality ultimately but there's nowt we can do about that.

If the ref gives their man a red in the first half, as he should've done, and Matthews pushes that header to the side we could well have won.

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Well well, I must be seeing something different with Paul O'Grady, he was absolute dog shit! A few on here think he's the future, I've seen cheese turn quicker and his movement is as close to rigourmortice as I've ever seen. 

He is slow and immobile but he offered us something we needed today; presence and hold up play