Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coventry away

burnden

First goal for them was comical. We looked like rabbits in headlights for first 20 minutes. Came into it again and thought Politic deserved a goal after doing everything right with the keeper saving well.

Second half started exactly the same, are we slow starters? Really came into it. As soon as we equalised you could tell it was going to be gung ho a both teams wanted 3 points. Unfortunate late on. Imo game was lost because of the first 20mins.

O’grady MOM again for me.

Fleming and Bryan played well. 

I'm again surprised how ineffective a midfield 3 of Lowe, L Murphy and Hamilton in this division were again today.

Nsiala is no better than Zouma, it baffles me the decisions and judgements Hill has made with some of these young players that could be special or at the very least assets for us. 

Darcy as well has been alienated and I think he could add a lot to that midfield in terms of relieving pressure and linking between the lines. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Nsiala is no better than Zouma, it baffles me the decisions and judgements Hill has made with some of these young players that could be special or at the very least assets for us. 

Darcy as well has been alienated and I think he could add a lot to that midfield in terms of relieving pressure and linking between the lines. 

bollocks. he is head and shoulders above zouma.

and darcy is not the answer to a leaky defence that make mistakes.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, tomski said:

I'm again surprised how ineffective a midfield 3 of Lowe, L Murphy and Hamilton in this division were again today.

Agree. I asked about this earlier on in the thread, I'm not surprised though, it's regularly evident.

5 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Rather Darcy than Murphy. 

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Not one of them is a passer.  Every team we play has a passer, even Tranmere last week, you could tell they knew how to knock it about but looked below par on the day.  Murphy is normally incapable of a 15 yard+ accurate pass, he did play well last week but I assume he reverted to type today?  I like Lowe but not particularly for his passing, we need more creativity in there alongside Lowe.  Hamilton looks quite a forceful player but a but bull in a china shop, hit and miss.  Darcy needs to replace Murphy but its ominous that he's not signed a contract and isnt in the squad.

8 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

bollocks. he is head and shoulders above zouma.

and darcy is not the answer to a leaky defence that make mistakes.

He really isn't, gets lost ball watching, not as good ball at his feet, not as athletic. Sure Zouma can look a little bit chaotic at times but the potential is definitely there, I'd rather put time and effort into seeing what we had there than giving games to an on loan 27 year old that's never done much. 

Darcy was a separate point about how toothless the midfield is with the ball, they need someone in there to make stuff happen whilst we're in possession, currently we operate too often as three distinct lines, it's predictable and easy to breakdown. Unfortunately it's irrelevant as he was apparently injured anyway. 

One thing I'm liking is not being miserable after a defeat, especially if we've played OK and not got thrashed.  Any season before this I'd be a miserable git Saturday night if we'd lost in last few minutes.  Now I brush it off after about 5 minutes, and take the positives, if anyone's played well and they might stay next season that's a tick, if others dont look upto it they wont be staying anyway (Murphy hopefully).  Glad to see O'Grady and Politic looking decent, and Hobbs in contention.

57 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Nsiala is currently better than Zouma but the point is moot because neither will be here next season.

Darcy is injured, not alienated. We're in a catch-22 situation with him because if he's as good as most think he is / can be, it's unlikely he'll sign a new contract with us. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Nsiala is currently better than Zouma but the point is moot because neither will be here next season.

Darcy is injured, not alienated. We're in a catch-22 situation with him because if he's as good as most think he is / can be, it's unlikely he'll sign a new contract with us. 

Why? He spoke recently of his strong desire to work hard, wants to do well etc..

Obviously, that could just be platitudes, but unless he's already been tapped up, it makes little sense not to.

If a club higher up the leagues genuinely wants him, they will pay a bit of money to get him, so signing for us shouldn't be a problem for him.

If it is, then he can fuck off.