Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coventry away

burnden

A good day out and desperately unlucky not to get something in the end despite that first 20 minute horror show.

Spent the first half sat next to O'Grady's family.  Was nice to see them at the end and confirm his motm performance. 

Fans were excellent again.  I fear for Coventrys future if they have to play many more seasons away from their city.

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I was back there and heard the chants of “we want our kids back”. Was unnecessary and not quite sure I understand it. If you were up there, I hope I didn’t take you out when we scored :) 

Some proper dickheads amongst that lot, too much negativity.

I was there for first half but found somewhere else for the second half

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Traf said:

Some proper dickheads amongst that lot, too much negativity.

I was there for first half but found somewhere else for the second half

I noticed you shifted. Can't say that I blamed you. 

A shame to lose our point at the end but Coventry could have been out of sight at half time.....still a sickener after we'd fought back though.

Matthews kept us in it again ( despite some ....."boot it Matthews, ohhhh why have you booted it Matthews boooo, pass it to him Matthews, ohhhh why have you passed it to him Matthews, booooo ), early on, Fleming looked like he was going to get destroyed by that winger but he recovered well & even got forward well later on, but MOM was O'Grady who won plenty in the air & tormented them on the ground.

Overall good support again, & though it's probably not original, i chuckled at the "no ground, no fans "

Top marks for effort but we are so short of ability. Resigned myself to that a long while ago. Cov are not far from top of the league so could look at the result and think OK it was only 2-1 but fuck me getting worried that if we don’t sort out basic defensive errors this season then we are fucked for next season 

Vowed not to go away again this season after Accy and our supposed fans. We still have some real bellends. Those up near the back. Is there some sort of social media group that they all belong to?

What was going on near the Morrison’s after the match? 

Early start , 7.45 from Howfen to Wigan . 8.29 got us into Birmingham 9.50. Only11 of us , Bats on his jollys to Katmandu ( soon be back.working fulltime , pension pots getting battered). Sweden Al then buggered off to meet a Zulu. So a brisk 16min walk to The Brass House (,its a pub !! Which disapointed Ash). Excellent breakfast overlooking Black Sabbath bridge and canal network. Loads of bars etc .Moved on to the Moat House & Prince of Wales. Before getting Taxi's to ground.

Very disapointed with first 30mins , vast improvement 2nd half . Nice to see Jack Deardon and JT sat with the fans. Bumped into Jeep , Victor and a few not rights . After the match , headed up to the Cricketers ( proper old school match boozer, seen loads of action way back).

Taxi back to train , Al returned from his jungle experiance well pissed. 

Great day out , nearly a good point away. But it didnt happen. Keep the faith see you all at MK .

Did anyone see the blatant cheating and fuck you from the ref yesterday he gave a free kick on the touch line and marched back a huge 10 yards which angered us because they were huge strides think Basil Fawlty in the Germans doing Hitler then on the next free kick just before HT this time we counted ten with him on the tenth step he stamped the grass with his foot then proceeded to do another two steps no wonder Lowe and Hill were after him at HT blatant cheating

Cracking day out...

Went in the following pubs in Brum -

The Sly Old Fox

The Dragon Inn

The Big Bull's Head

After the match called in All Bar One - to keep up the animal theme I'm counting seeing the AHM in there.....

Nice to see Embankment 👍

Every bloke with grey/silver hair was re-christened Philip Schofield....

Walked to/from the game with Cov fans. Found them very likeable, they all thought we deserved a draw after the 2nd half performance.

Roll on Donny!

• Site Supporter

Belting day out, a few scoops and good to see plenty of old faces.

Played ok, felt we were value for a point but alas dodgy defending did for us again. After the equaliser, I genuinely felt we would go on and win, first time I've felt that all season.

Ref was bloody awful again. 12 yards for our wall, 9 for theirs. Hardly consistent

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Belting day out, a few scoops and good to see plenty of old faces.

Played ok, felt we were value for a point but alas dodgy defending did for us again. After the equaliser, I genuinely felt we would go on and win, first time I've felt that all season.

Ref was bloody awful again. 12 yards for our wall, 9 for theirs. Hardly consistent

One thing I noticed was that Birmingham City don't mark the 10 yards from the corner. There was one free kick about three yards from corner right on the touch-line. Had the 10 yard mark been there it would simply have meant have the same distance from that.

Is this mark an option or is it now mandatory? I recall the days when half way flags were mandatory too.

57 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

After the equaliser, I genuinely felt we would go on and win, first time I've felt that all season.

Me too.  At 1-1 we carved out a couple of chances and they were rocking.  We get a free kick wide on the right, crowd are bouncing and I'm thinking "this is it", Hamilton then twats it, far too high and long, over the top of everyone.  A great opportunity squandered for want of a standard delivery.

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Me too.  At 1-1 we carved out a couple of chances and they were rocking.  We get a free kick wide on the right, crowd are bouncing and I'm thinking "this is it", Hamilton then twats it, far too high and long, over the top of everyone.  A great opportunity squandered for want of a standard delivery.

We were battering them when the clash of heads occurred, the delay stopped our momentum, our luck is due to change soon. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

17 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

another goal conceded from a cross from his side.

I’ve seen the video; he’s ahead of his man as we have the ball; when we lose it he’s fucked

Was he wingback? If so he’s prob doing what he’s told to. Just one of those things. Was a great cross and Nsiala or whatever he’s called switches off.

v harsh to blame Fleming

38 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I’ve seen the video; he’s ahead of his man as we have the ball; when we lose it he’s fucked

Was he wingback? If so he’s prob doing what he’s told to. Just one of those things. Was a great cross and Nsiala or whatever he’s called switches off.

v harsh to blame Fleming

Fleming was very poor first half as for the first goal Murphy tried to play him in but lost the ball so Fleming was up field even so someone needs to cover that and thought Bryan should have gone to him. Fleming had a better second half but Doodoo should have been on 15 minutes before he was for D Murphy