Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

McGinlay podcast

Horwich

• Site Supporter

You've sent me down a wonderful rabbit hole, Horwich. I keep pausing McGinlay's interview and watching other videos to refresh the memories. I don't remember seeing this at the time it was broadcast:

"I think Bolton Wanderers are the finest club in the world, and I'd do everything over again the same way, with the same club." What a man.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You've sent me down a wonderful rabbit hole, Horwich. I keep pausing McGinlay's interview and watching other videos to refresh the memories. I don't remember seeing this at the time it was broadcast:

"I think Bolton Wanderers are the finest club in the world, and I'd do everything over again the same way, with the same club." What a man.

Sat in the pub, bottom lips going...

• Site Supporter

On being Bolton manager: "I didn't like it. I were too soft. I'd lie awake at night on Friday evening, just to tell someone he wasn't going to play, and I'd lie there and say 'How can I tell him without hurting him?', you know? Honestly, I wasn't cut out to be a manager."  A proper man.

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

What a gentleman! What a generation! What a class act! Nobody can touch him! My hero.

12 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Any Nat posts should be accompanied with the best picture of all time. 

XZYpNUO.jpg

Can’t wait to have a big fuck off canvas of this in my living room one day. 

Got so many details that photo. That stitching on his shoulder is brutal looking.

8 minutes ago, Steejay said:

The Woodbine!

The whiskey. The champagne out of the FA cup. The scar. The strongest jaw I’ve ever fucking seen. Bill Ridding pouring it in.

All after scoring both goals in a major cup final against our biggest rivals (in our eyes). I don’t think anything else could make that picture better. 

12 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Also on my favourite mug (courtesy of Traf). Done some miles has that mug, currently in a shipping container in the Tasman Sea. 

Still got mine keep it away from my pesky grandkids in case they drop it.

Used to have it at work even took it to Germany to show them what a proper footballer looked like!

On 17/01/2020 at 23:37, jayjayoghani said:

Also on my favourite mug (courtesy of Traf). Done some miles has that mug, currently in a shipping container in the Tasman Sea. 

On 18/01/2020 at 11:43, Take Hunt Off said:

Still got mine keep it away from my pesky grandkids in case they drop it.

Used to have it at work even took it to Germany to show them what a proper footballer looked like!

Lovely stuff, chaps.

Still got mine and the last T-shirt. Never used either.