Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peter Kenyon and BWFC

Mounts Kipper

Someone as high profile as Kenyon is not around to pick up scraps and crumbs to a soon be div 2 club.

He knows the club now is financially stable.

Its not about the football side for the next 24months,the embargo has seen to that.

Hotel,conference centre, offices even building on one of the car parks etc...Rugby matches Concerts etc

Bolton is very investable at this time.

Interesting stuff. Peter Kenyon is not a philanthropist. Not sure why he or associates would be interested in a club bound for League 2 and with an embargo. If it really is a takeover I hope it's one that genuinely builds a sustainable football club in the manner that has been done at Preston North End. Anyway - let's cross those bridges if/when we ever get to them.

26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This signing of players: is there a maximum contract length we can offer someone, or is it just wages?

Was wondering if we could agree a contract where the wages are low initially, then increase once out of embargo.

Every signing has to be ratified with the EFL so not sure we get round it that way. Other way potentially is a contract with an option to extend ? That way the actual contract is x but when that expires an effectively new contract comes in. Probably not possible so god knows 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Every signing has to be ratified with the EFL so not sure we get round it that way. Other way potentially is a contract with an option to extend ? That way the actual contract is x but when that expires an effectively new contract comes in. Probably not possible so god knows 

Can see where you're coming from.

The more I think about it, they have really stiffed us. Big points deduction, no players nor ability to properly fund anyone for a couple of years. Yet still moaned we didn't get punished enough.

I do hope though, that at the end of all this, we do look to adopt a sustainable spending plan, and don't adopt a boom and bust approach.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can see where you're coming from.

The more I think about it, they have really stiffed us. Big points deduction, no players nor ability to properly fund anyone for a couple of years. Yet still moaned we didn't get punished enough.

I do hope though, that at the end of all this, we do look to adopt a sustainable spending plan, and don't adopt a boom and bust approach.

I don’t think we need to. We need a decent squad of players with a decent strategy and enough players to cover for injuries. At this level and with our crowds if they hold up we shouldn’t need to Go for bust and should be sustainable. 

At this level and even more so league to obviously we are a huge draw for players. A very good league two player wouldn’t imagine they would be playing for Bolton wanderers so that will work to our advantage 

im just not convinced we’ve the right man at the helm and if Kenyon gets involved I’m pretty sure hilly will be offski

6 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Interesting stuff. Peter Kenyon is not a philanthropist. Not sure why he or associates would be interested in a club bound for League 2 and with an embargo. If it really is a takeover I hope it's one that genuinely builds a sustainable football club in the manner that has been done at Preston North End. Anyway - let's cross those bridges if/when we ever get to them.

Preston not sustainable Hemmings chucking in 5 million per year.  

7 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Someone as high profile as Kenyon is not around to pick up scraps and crumbs to a soon be div 2 club.

He knows the club now is financially stable.

Its not about the football side for the next 24months,the embargo has seen to that.

Hotel,conference centre, offices even building on one of the car parks etc...Rugby matches Concerts etc

Bolton is very investable at this time.

Unless I misunderstand, that’s Andy Gartside’s role isn’t it?

That's confusing.  Transfer embargo = small plans for recruitment this year.  Yes we may sign a lot of players, because we will lose most of the current squad with their contracts/loans ending, but they will all be frees and loans.  Has anyone told Kenyon?  That's not to discourage him, I want him on board, but if I'm not mistaken Abramovich could take over and it wouldn't change how much we spend this summer.

• Site Supporter

Whatever we think about Peter Kenyon, the sheer fact that FV and Bolton Wanderers can now attract that calibre of interest just shows how far we have come in less than half a season.

From tank-topped sweaty shites and loafered losers to serious business people in 5 months. This shows that there was something worth saving in BWFC.

We really are in good hands now.

In Aunty Sharon we trust.

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

From Iles.

Speaking to those behind the scenes, there are big plans for recruitment in the summer. And Peter Kenyon may well have a say.

Already advertising for an assistant grounds man 🙄

7 hours ago, tomski said:

Peter Kenyon is a rag. That should be enough to not carry on this convo

Admire your anti Man U stance and as much as I hate them if they can do a job for BWFC I couldn’t care less, we’ve had some top people who were at Man U, Ian Greaves, Tony Dunne, Alan Gowling and Willie Morgan to name 4 who did BWFC proud. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper