Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Ipswich (A)

Nowt like a local derby on an Easter weekend. 

Just now, dave2980 said:

Ipswich tomorrow but I know this because I looked at my calendar earlier. As for the rest of the weekend 🤷‍♂️

Gillingham at home on Tuesday 

• Members
26 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

My birthday as well mate. Obviously it’s not the same as a little ones birthday but I’m sure you will celebrate appropriately next week and also once we are out of this do it properly with family. 

We’ll have a good few scoops first game pal

• Members
Just now, bolton_blondie said:

Anyone got a megaphone I can borrow for this weekend so I can tell people to fuck off back home as I drove between patients? 

You drive I’ll get a cattle prod on a long stick. 

This time next year rodders 

24 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

You drive I’ll get a cattle prod on a long stick. 

This time next year rodders 

Herd mentality and immunity 

6 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I simply said that I may travel across to Bolton tomorrow to see her and if stopped by the coppers she needed to be on the phone to confirm that I was stopping off at a chippy on the way

Get a shopping bag, put a load of tins etc in it from your cupboard and pop it in your boot.

Then you can drive anywhere within the borough and if stopped, you're dropping shopping off for an elderly relative 😉

Been stuck at home all week on video conference calls. No chance to do owt. Half hour breaks between the fuckers all day every day. Finished today at 4.30 so hopped on my bike for an hour. Did a relentless 2 mile circuit for an hour. Nobody about other than other cyclists and the occasional runner. Fuck me. The smell of weed was overpowering. The occasional VW GTi parked up was a bit suspicious it has to be said. Chilled out round here.....

• Site Supporter

Friend who works at the hospital says it’s getting pretty full now with CV patients.

Next 7 days is defcon 626849.

That sound about right Kent? (She usually works in the eye department but has been swapped to main wards)

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Get a shopping bag, put a load of tins etc in it from your cupboard and pop it in your boot.

Then you can drive anywhere within the borough and if stopped, you're dropping shopping off for an elderly relative 😉

Don’t you worry mate. She’s 83 but sharp as a tack. She’s already texted me a shopping list. She needs a few things so I’ll drop them in for her as an excuse to visit and can show it if stopped on the motorway on the way over to Bolton but most of it is for me

Not seen her for over 3 weeks and when I do go I’ve got to sit in the back garden and she’ll sit at the back door. Fair enough she’s not stupid and neither am I but she’s 83 and living on her own so a visit is a must even if I don’t enter her house

Thankfully she doesn’t understand the Scout Road chippy......

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Don’t you worry mate. She’s 83 but sharp as a tack. She’s already texted me a shopping list. She needs a few things so I’ll drop them in for her as an excuse to visit and can show it if stopped on the motorway on the way over to Bolton but most of it is for me

Not seen her for over 3 weeks and when I do go I’ve got to sit in the back garden and she’ll sit at the back door. Fair enough she’s not stupid and neither am I but she’s 83 and living on her own so a visit is a must even if I don’t enter her house

Thankfully she doesn’t understand the Scout Road chippy......

I'm happy that it's my turn to get my Nan's shopping this week. She turns 98 next month and I've not seen her for a month.

I'll not be leaving it on the doorstep and fucking off either, but I won't go in her house and I won't go within 10 feet of her, but it'll be great & reassuring to see her.

So a question for everyone. My 76 year old father in law has lived alone for 4 years since his wife died. My wife and I are his only family. He has literally no friends and doesn’t know his neighbours. He’s normally very happy with his solitary existence but he lives 40 miles away from us. He bought a load of shopping 2 weeks ago and hasn’t left the house since. We haven’t been to visit him. But he now needs a few essentials and some prescriptions collecting from the chemist. I was going to head down early next week to sort him out. He’s clear he doesn’t want me coming in so I thought all fine. But now I read that the housing minister is getting a shit load of grief for doing exactly this. Should I be going?

Had a big dilemma last couple of days. 

My partner works for the same hospital as me. She normally has a back office role (like me) but since Covid-19 she has been working in a team monitoring real time staffing levels and helping move nurses to where they are most needed.

Tuesday she came home with a headache, was fine later that day, did the algorithm on NHS 111 which said she was Kosher and went in for her shift at 7 the following morning. She got turfed out by a senior nurse which is completely understandable given she's mooching around wards. She's still absolutely fine but cant work from home. 

Strictly speaking this puts me on 14 days self isolation, but she's fine and so am I. Problem is my mum is in the 'shielding' group, I do all her shopping and she's okay till weekend. Mum has dementia and I don't want to frighten the shit out of her for nothing, and I genuinely think it's nothing. When the Mrs gets a cold she's on her arse for a week. She's been turfed out cos she's working for a senior nurse that's playing safe which is understandable.

Beyond mum, the mrs or me getting seriously Ill this is the worst case scenario for me.

Asked of the Mrs can be tested and escalated to a very senior level, given 2 for 1 benefit to the Trust, but cant see her being prioritised.

Wft do I do?