Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seems fairly simple and clear.

Ok, might be better to have a test earlier, but perhaps that would need even greater capacity than is currently available.

Although some of the infrastructure will be different, the basic method is the same as Germany, etc.

Lots of folk with phones or as in some places knocking on doors.

Interestingly, South Korea didn't make their scheme mandatory initially but changed it.

Not sure about Germany, but they have high compliance within the population so it may not matter.

Therein lies what may be the biggest issue: if people don't comply, don't moan if it drags on.

Speaking to someone who's been working on this.

No surprise, it's a dog's dinner at the moment.

Boris has always been a blusterer - see his Mayor's Question Time performances.

He has been dangerously ill and came back to the hotseat without adequate recuperation.

His performance now is below par, even for him. Whereas he could walk an election in December that will not be the case anytime soon.

Starmer (QC) is a smart cookie and can skewer Johnson at PMQs time after time. He knows that being generally supportive to the government but criticising their serious errors is a good long-term strategy. And that now is a good time not to be running the country.

Cummings did not break any rules by travelling north to a cottage on his father's farm, which actually has a different postcode to the farmhouse. But his trip out to BC was a different matter and his description about finding the lay-by near the Tees is less than accurate.

If a storm doesn't blow over within a week it will not go away. See Alistair Campbell for details.

6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I like him

Sorry

What are the qualities you admire? Integrity (can’t be), trust (no chance), attention to detail (unlikely,) persuasiveness (hardly) or sticking to the PM bullshit agenda (yes that’s it!!).

20 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

No need for apologies BD 

You can like whoever you like and have any opinion you like, even if it is the wrong one 😁

😎

17 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

You'd have loved him laughing with Kay Burley this morning then. He had a whale of a time/

I’m working!

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, jmjhb said:

EZCbcJ-XsAQvNpu?format=png&name=small

k8S5EIy5BYrJ9rk8Q=

So if I get put forward for this and have no symptoms I can't book a test straight away, get found negative and go back to work?! 

So I MUST self-isolate but it's mandatory?

Even if I have a test and am found negative I still have to complete the 14 days isolating?!?!

WTF?!??!

Clear as mud. I thought the point of this was to get rid of the need of 'isolating for nothing'. Any mention of the app yet? Nah

Problem with all of that is the tone change after the first sentence.we go from being TOLD to being asked and advised. Most of us grown ups take the advice as being a rule. Others take advice being something which gives a choice. Well I’m sorry, some people need TELLING not ASKING or ADVISING to do something.

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, jeep said:

Mick Hucknel for me 😁

Imagine the offspring of an unspeakable lemon party involving Iain Dowie, Chris Tarrant, Henry VIII, Rutger Haueur, Brad Pitt, Chris Hemsworth , most of Norway and that albino monk out of The Da Vinci Code, and you’re on the right lines

52 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Cummings did not break any rules by travelling north to a cottage on his father's farm, which actually has a different postcode to the farmhouse. But his trip out to BC was a different matter and his description about finding the lay-by near the Tees is less than accurate.

We were told if any member of your family showed symptoms you should self isolate at home. 

38 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Boo-boo.

I'd love to be in a room with Maitlis.

I wouldn't like to be interviewed by Maitlis, she's excellent. 

Since Paxman, i'd have her & Andrew Neil as the best, completely clued up but even handed. ( there's another youngish woman with huge glasses, sometimes on Newsnight, who's very good.

5 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I wouldn't like to be interviewed by Maitlis, she's excellent. 

Since Paxman, i'd have her & Andrew Neil as the best, completely clued up but even handed. ( there's another youngish woman with huge glasses, sometimes on Newsnight, who's very good.

Emma Barnett, has a morning programme on Five Live.

She is very good.

Just no consistency in the guidelines which is why I think it's doomed to fail

Almost like they're making it up as they go along...oh well, at least it's voluntary 😉

EZCuoLJWoAUvBZi.jpeg

Edited by jmjhb

40 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Just no consistency in the guidelines which is why I think it's doomed to fail

Almost like they're making it up as they go along...oh well, at least it's voluntary 😉

EZCuoLJWoAUvBZi.jpeg

FFS. This would be funny if the stakes weren't peoples lives and livelihoods. 

id seen that yellow nhs one and was consoling myself that at least it was less confusion than the first effort.

all briefings from now on should be to a soundtrack.