Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Why don't you write to all the Heads/principals of schools and colleges and see if they can re-plan. 

It may not seem complex to you, and I'm all for being adaptable and have been all the way through this pandemic, the only thing that's feasible is closing them down until these vaccinations are rolled out, then we are in to CAG territory again, and would you trust our Education Minister with that again.

Personally I would give vaccinations to the young/teenagers after the 80+ year olds, these are the spreaders.

No suggestion of changing curriculums or lesson plans

just the days Theyre in

less holidays gives more teaching time

You must have voted remain

• Members

Really weird I had to go in and get my work stuff wasn’t in contact with anyone apart from the security guard to let me in. Got in and got out. Did my second weekly test yesterday at work came back positive this morning. 

It was my daughters christening, Only parents and godparents, so 8 people in the church. My phone was on the tripod zooming it for family members took my phone off and had a million messages saying to contact work ASAP 

FFS

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy said:

Really weird I had to go in and get my work stuff wasn’t in contact with anyone apart from the security guard to let me in. Got in and got out. Did my second weekly test yesterday came back this morning. 

It was my daughters christening, Only parents and godparents, so 8 people in the church. My phone was on the tripod zooming it for family members took my phone off and had a million messages saying to contact work ASAP 

FFS

Point I made the other day about surfaces. Only need to touch something previously contaminated (made a couple of days even) and bingo.

Must be really difficult to completely cleanse everywhere continuously. 

• Members
13 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Really weird I had to go in and get my work stuff wasn’t in contact with anyone apart from the security guard to let me in. Got in and got out. Did my second weekly test yesterday at work came back positive this morning. 

FFS

Shit. Hope your ok? I honestly thought my test this week was going to be positive. Awful cough from nowhere and lost my sense of smell. Came back negative but still feel like shit. 

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

So do we then move all parents of school age kids higher up the vax list? Given they'll have a higher chance of catching it.

Thinking about it, after foot soldiers, why not kids

AZ say we will get 2m vaccines a week by Mid Jan 

So in those 12 weeks we can vaccinate 24m people. Then we will need to do a phase of second injections. Surely it is possible to model a point where we can say a given % are now immune or at least safe and then we then we reopen stuff. 

A factor in who gets the vaccine as well as age and health should be risk based on type of work so teachers and people who can not work outdoors or at home move up the list. Means I would move down but seems like that is fair. 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Vaccinate the foot soldiers

forget about the WFH types 

Why?

WFH types still go shopping, doing the school run etc. And if a WFH parent lives with a non-WFH parent, then you've got another spreading potential.

Edited by Traf

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I would get tested again, that sounds nailed on Rona!

It does; suppose other viral infections can have similar though.

Certainly get another test in a few days.

Just now, boltondiver said:

Thinking about it, after foot soldiers, why not kids

Certainly has merits. That said, there are numerous other groups who lay claim.

Tough old job for the jcvi but they seem clued up. 

18 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Shit. Hope your ok? I honestly thought my test this week was going to be positive. Awful cough from nowhere and lost my sense of smell. Came back negative but still feel like shit. 

You've got the symptoms then so you should be off until you've had one of the proper tests from work.

Those asympomatic ones sacrifice some accuracy for speed so they're not as accurate. Ring HR and they'll book you in on the carpark near Churchill Unit 👍

• Members
14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

You've got the symptoms then so you should be off until you've had one of the proper tests from work.

Those asympomatic ones sacrifice some accuracy for speed so they're not as accurate. Ring HR and they'll book you in on the carpark near Churchill Unit 👍

I had to ring the covid team the other day to tell them my results. I'm off til Wednesday so will give them a ring tomorrow 👍

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Why don't you write to all the Heads/principals of schools and colleges and see if they can re-plan. 

If lesson plans came in one-week blocks, how difficult would it be to number all the weeks in school 1 to 36 and all the hols H1 to H16?

All school years run from 1 to 36 and you put the holidays in anywhere you want. That’d need absolutely zero changing for holiday moves. It wouldn’t matter if you decided on 

1 2 3 4 5 H1 H2 6 7 8

or 

1 2 3 4 H1 H2 5 6 7 8 

What’s the difficulty a school may have with being asked to be flexible?

• Members
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Point I made the other day about surfaces. Only need to touch something previously contaminated (made a couple of days even) and bingo.

Must be really difficult to completely cleanse everywhere continuously. 

Yeah you’re right. It was my laptop and some files. Not best pleased because our Maude is preggers that’s the reason I’m WFH. 

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

Yeah harder than a coffin nail me