Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think this is fair enough in light of the CEO of AZ saying they expect to produce 2M doses by mid-January and production is on target with the agreed timescales.

If there's valid explanation as to why the Government's view is different than the manufacturer's then, fine, just tell us. People are being asked to essentially put their lives on hold/jobs at risk. I think they deserve to know.

It might be my inherent view that people are decent. So instead of political soundbites from Boris an honest answer gets more respect and traction. I have no problem Hancock saying we won’t get 2m doses as long as we get a high level idea why and a plan of when we will. 

Had my first weekly covid test today. School have set up a full testing centre and have tested all staff today. No military, no dad's army of volunteers (remember when the nation were called to arms) just admin and school staff repurposed and retrained over the holidays to run this test centre in the sports hall for as long as it's needed. Felt very proud of what our SLT have achieved over the holidays.

We're ready for 400 key worker and vulnerable kids tomorrow. All staff in teaching a full timetable for the kids that are in and recording lessons for kids that are at home.

Edited by ex_midlandwhite
Typo

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

It might be my inherent view that people are decent. So instead of political soundbites from Boris an honest answer gets more respect and traction. I have no problem Hancock saying we won’t get 2m doses as long as we get a high level idea why and a plan of when we will. 

Hancock has played down once or twice before. Maybe trying to manage expectations, while Boris pushes hard.

I'm assuming Boris' 2m is formed primarily on production estimates. If it can't be made that quickly, then clearly we can't hit it.

That was the essence of the conversation on radio 4 before. Boris had talked about mhra having to approve each batch, and the mhra lady saying they have the capacity to do it.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

Had my first weekly covid test today. School have set up a full testing centre and have tested all staff today. No military, no dad's army of volunteers (remember when the nation were called to arms) just admin and school staff repurposed and retrained over the holidays to run this test centre in the sports hall for as long as it's needed. Felt very proud of what our SLT have achieved over the holidays.

We're ready for 400 key worker and vulnerable kids tomorrow. All staff in teaching a full timetable for the kids that are in and recording lessons for kids that are at home.

Top effort that.

Difficult challenges, but sounds like you've all cracked on and succeeded. 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hancock has played down once or twice before. Maybe trying to manage expectations, while Boris pushes hard.

I'm assuming Boris' 2m is formed primarily on production estimates. If it can't be made that quickly, then clearly we can't hit it.

That was the essence of the conversation on radio 4 before. Boris had talked about mhra having to approve each batch, and the mhra lady saying they have the capacity to do it.

And to be clear I think doing 2m a week is a fucking incredible achievement so let’s hope we can do it. 
IMO I think we should lockdown which should help but relaxing can be driven by getting say 10m vaccinated as it drives down the infection rate. Get back to the spirit at the start of this when we were all pulling together. 

(untill Cummings ruined it all ——- JOKE 😀

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The manufacturer's CEO is on record as saying it can. So it's surely not that.

It has to be something else. Just make it clear.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Ani said:

And to be clear I think doing 2m a week is a fucking incredible achievement so let’s hope we can do it. 
IMO I think we should lockdown which should help but relaxing can be driven by getting say 10m vaccinated as it drives down the infection rate. Get back to the spirit at the start of this when we were all pulling together. 

(untill Cummings ruined it all ——- JOKE 😀

Agree. Nearly 60000 cases today. The more this goes on, the more it buggers up vaccination plans as some of these may be due to get one, and won't be able to go.

So lock everywhere down, get the numbers down, lower the risk to the vaccinators and help those on the front line in hospitals.

Get volunteers in if necessary to grit car parks at health centres or whatever is needed. 

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

353 in nw and 900+ London!! We’ve dropped to 120 here and can barely leave the house now. 

Orders, which must be obeyed

54 minutes ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

What sort of test was it mate ?

Was it the pin prick one, or one of the spit/saliva ones ? 

2 hours ago, tyldesley_white said:

Kent I agree with you whole heartily , but has Ani as pointed out its been known since June that this was going to happened , someone as had 7 and a bit mouths to formulate a plan, with every contingence they can think of thrown in, it just looks like they looked at it on Christmas Eve and thought oh fuck

I don't agree. I think we're in the very early stages of a massive effort. With multiple vaccines that are arriving in dribs and drabs. 

You'll be able to judge it properly in about 6 months.