Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

What sort of test was it mate ?

Was it the pin prick one, or one of the spit/saliva ones ? 

It was a throat and nose swab but the lateral flow quick results type.

Have to have another on Thursday apparently and it's weekly from there unless I teach a kid who tests positive in which case I will be tested daily for seven days

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I don't agree. I think we're in the very early stages of a massive effort. With multiple vaccines that are arriving in dribs and drabs. 

You'll be able to judge it properly in about 6 months. 

Well said.

Wish all your colleagues all the best with their efforts please.

All this knocking before you've got going is unwarranted, and unhelpful.

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I don't agree. I think we're in the very early stages of a massive effort. With multiple vaccines that are arriving in dribs and drabs. 

You'll be able to judge it properly in about 6 months. 

Aaah, the voice of reason!

And this idea that we knew about it in June. We really didn't. We hoped in June- but I think most people were predicting early April at the earliest. I certainly was if you scroll back a few months. 

The fact that people are getting vaccinated to protect them against a virus we learned about less than 12 months ago is an effort up there with JFK and NASA getting men on the moon. 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well said.

And downright mental!

Just now, ex_midlandwhite said:

It was a throat and nose swab but the lateral flow quick results type.

Have to have another on Thursday apparently and it's weekly from there unless I teach a kid who tests positive in which case I will be tested daily for seven days

Nice one mate thanks. Can you recall the manufacturers name ? I know Abbott/Innova are doing some but wondering if Primerdesign or Omega Diagnostics/Abingdon Health/Mologic have released theirs yet, as a few on here are invested in them.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well said.

Thanks mate. I don't think many people have got any sort of idea what a gargantuan effort this is going to need to be. It won't be pretty. We'll mess things up no doubt (and learn from our mistakes) but we'll get it done! 👍

Just now, Escobarp said:

If you want to keep folk safe as possible I would say they do.  But each to their own 

It was a Fawlty Towers reference to wee Mein Fuhrer

1 hour ago, Spider said:

If they can find £12 billion for a track and trace system that is just a portakabin staffed by a dozen teenagers making 4 calls a day, they can find and train people to jab arms.

You forget, there is only one Dido Harding, you can't expect her to be ontop of everything.

Edited by Not in Crawley

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Thanks mate. I don't think many people have got any sort of idea what a gargantuan effort this is going to need to be. It won't be pretty. We'll mess things up no doubt (and learn from our mistakes) but we'll get it done! 👍

Let's also remember that nurses etc need it themselves too, ideally before they go on the frontline and deal with numerous folk, any of whom could be infectious.

Certainly not a case of ordering a number of widgets, sticking on a doofer and sending it off to a customer. :)

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Your point that you keep repeating is ignoring the fact that I have said what seems like a million times since were just highlighting that maths to work out how many people we need is simple. We have a given number of vaccines (although that is being moved as we have exchanged tedious replies). If you know how long the task takes to get to the resource required is easy. (To be clear that does not mean knowing how long the task takes is easy but it is a piece of work that should have been done by the experts) and then the question is do we have enough people. 

I keep asking but you keep not replying if we have 2m vaccines available how many do you expect us to administer ? 

Yawn. Im not the one giving advice to everyone about how this should get done, so I shouldn't answer how we should do this as I've repeatlt said, and why you should just making up things you don't know a huge amount about.

You are missing the point over and over. In fact ignore me, go direct to Kent's posts. That should give you the clarity you seek.

Or you could keep telling everyone what they should be doing, which for the umpteenth time, isn't massively helpful.

21 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Everyone on my team are booked in for their first injection this week. Everyone except me that is. 

My brother works in a drop in/walk in centre whatever they are called. He had his pre-Xmas. He’s in for his second next week 

• Site Supporter

Kent is correct about the scientific achievement here, and I fully agree

it my gripe is about logistics which are done at government level.

The scientists job was to find the vaccine, and they have defied all expectations.

It may be that the roll out can be done with swift expedience. But right now the message isn’t clear on it.

Its the runner doing the last leg of the 4x4 suddenly asking how he should grasp the baton.

Edited by Spider

7 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Exactly, I can only imagine the undertaking. Good luck with this all. 

Just out of interest, when do you think pretentious arts administrators will reach the critical workers list? Surely can't be long now.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Exactly, I can only imagine the undertaking. Good luck with this all. 

Just out of interest, when do you think pretentious arts administrators will reach the critical workers list? Surely can't be long now.

There's a bill going through the commons to fast track you as we speak! 

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

There's a bill going through the commons to fast track you as we speak! 

I think if you turn up at the clinic, wearing your winkle-pickers and a cravat, you get pushed straight to the front of the queue

17 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Nice one mate thanks. Can you recall the manufacturers name ? I know Abbott/Innova are doing some but wondering if Primerdesign or Omega Diagnostics/Abingdon Health/Mologic have released theirs yet, as a few on here are invested in them.

Didn't notice sorry. I'll keep my eye out on Thursday though!

7 minutes ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

Didn't notice sorry. I'll keep my eye out on Thursday though!

Thanks pal. If the results came through in 20mins it would be the latter names, if it was 30 mins onwards, it would be the former.

Spider, Sweep and myself will buy you a drink if the correct nod is given.......mind you, those 2 drink shy pansies must have mislaid my Christmas bottle 😉