Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Restrictions are being relaxed for 4 or 5 days, when I say relaxed it’s hardly a free for all is it 

Meanwhile the vast majority of building sites that have been open throughout (even during lockdown 1) will be shut 

Most other factories and workplaces that have been open throughout will also be closed 

Schools, nurseries and colleges that have been open for months will be shut 

The transport system that’s been open all the way through will be closed for at least two days, with very few travellers on the other days 

Supermarkets will be closed for the first day since Easter Sunday 

Non essential shops will be shut at least for Xmas day, most on Boxing Day also 

The vast majority of pubs and restaurants won’t be open at all 

Yet 3 households mixing for a few days will cause thousands more infections than the previous week when a lot of the above was open? Complete bollocks if you ask me! 

I do get what you are saying but all those businesses, schools, etc should be following Covid rules.

Christmas mingling will definitely not be.

Also, Thanksgiving in the US disagrees with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Escobarp

    3510

  • Spider

    2834

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2755

  • boltondiver

    2502

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Because you aren't sat within 2 ft of an elderly relative eating drinking and being merry at all the other places. 

I'm all for fuck it all off now but this everyone's in tier 3 but for Christmas have a free for all but 'we trust you'll do the right thing' is just guaranteed a spike of deaths in Jan (that we'd probably see with normal flu anyway) and us seeing restaurants and the like shit til April instead of Feb. 

 

I’m sorry but if anyone is entertaining having an Xmas dinner with elderly relatives who are in the vulnerable group (who wouldn’t normally be in your bubble) just because the government say you can extend then that’s on them! 

How about the vulnerable sit this year out to protect themselves until they get a vaccine in a few weeks and the non vulnerable enjoy a few days with a slightly larger group of other non vulnerable than they would have the week before? 

Ive seen my grandparents once since this kicked off, that was in their garden, I don’t plan on seeing them next week. Common sense? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

I do get what you are saying but all those businesses, schools, etc should be following Covid rules.

Christmas mingling will definitely not be.

Also, Thanksgiving in the US disagrees with you.

Does thanksgiving in the US really disagree? How long were the kids off school? How long were businesses shut? What were they restricted to, 3 bubbles or more? 

I genuinely don’t know but I’m sure Black Friday follows Thanksgiving Thursday and that’s a free for all 

Besides, I was of the impression that America hasn’t had similar lockdowns so how much was a 1 day holiday and how much was down to the general lighter restrictions over the past 6-8 weeks vs the U.K. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I’m sorry but if anyone is entertaining having an Xmas dinner with elderly relatives who are in the vulnerable group (who wouldn’t normally be in your bubble) just because the government say you can extend then that’s on them! 

How about the vulnerable sit this year out to protect themselves until they get a vaccine in a few weeks and the non vulnerable enjoy a few days with a slightly larger group of other non vulnerable than they would have the week before? 

Ive seen my grandparents once since this kicked off, that was in their garden, I don’t plan on seeing them next week. Common sense? 🤔

Nailed on pal! 

Common sense.

Not.. 'da grovement say we can av a partyv

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Casino said:

Fucking hell, they must be old. :)

casino, orphaned at 50

:)

Both 80+ 

Both not in great condition for one reason or another (both in and out of hospital - non Covid) 

If Covid doesn’t get them then I’d be very surprised if they see the decade out 

Still, I’m not going to kill them just because of a bit of Turkey 

Will spend a few days with a slightly larger group of fit and healthy non vulnerable  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Nailed on pal! 

Common sense.

Not.. 'da grovement say we can av a partyv

If we are going to say its not on the govt, we may as well fuck them off and everybody do their own thing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Does thanksgiving in the US really disagree? How long were the kids off school? How long were businesses shut? What were they restricted to, 3 bubbles or more? 

I genuinely don’t know but I’m sure Black Friday follows Thanksgiving Thursday and that’s a free for all 

Besides, I was of the impression that America hasn’t had similar lockdowns so how much was a 1 day holiday and how much was down to the general lighter restrictions over the past 6-8 weeks vs the U.K. 

Yes there are variables but the US don't do time off work very well, they are right tight cunts.

Black Friday was a massive damp squid, every fucker is doing it online instead. 

The have had lighter restrictions you are correct and cases were rising, Thanksgiving gave it a massive leg-up though.

Hopefully, we in the NW will not see too much of an increase from the Christmas easing as our numbers have dropped nicely, London on the other hand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Both 80+ 

Both not in great condition for one reason or another (both in and out of hospital - non Covid) 

If Covid doesn’t get them then I’d be very surprised if they see the decade out 

Still, I’m not going to kill them just because of a bit of Turkey 

Will spend a few days with a slightly larger group of fit and healthy non vulnerable  

If its not too personal, have you asked them what they want to do

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Pffff

44 and pretty much the senior member of my family.

Playing at it sonny 

Shit isn't it

Mum and dad and me, no brothers or sisters

But, I married a catholic. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Casino said:

If we are going to say its not on the govt, we may as well fuck them off and everybody do their own thing?

We've pretty much done that anyway from what I can gather. 

2 minutes ago, Casino said:

 

But, I married a catholic. :)

 

God have mercy on his soul! 🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Casino said:

If its not too personal, have you asked them what they want to do

They don’t give a shit about Covid to be fair, they’ve got bigger worries health wise 

To be fair, when I speak to most of the people I know, they tell me that their elderly relatives aren’t really that worried about Covid either. They have lived through plenty and had a decent innings as it is, my other nan has literally been waiting to die for about 5 years now 

Edit - my old man is going to be with them for Xmas. To be fair he is over 60 and has had a heart attack but he lives on his own so has kept himself to himself for most of this. Makes sense for him to go with them and others in the family to get together 

Edited by birch-chorley
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

They don’t give a shit about Covid to be fair, they’ve got bigger worries health wise 

To be fair, when I speak to most of the people I know, they tell me that their elderly relatives aren’t really that worried about Covid either. They have lived through plenty and had a decent innings as it is, my other nan has literally been waiting to die for about 5 years now 

Edit - my old man is going to be with them for Xmas. To be fair he is over 60 and has had a heart attack but he lives on his own so has kept himself to himself for most of this. Makes sense for him to go with them and others in the family to get together 

I hope they make the best of it, pal

Only asked cos i know my mum and dad lived for their grandkids

And their dogs   :)

covid wouldnt have stopped em coming round at christmas

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Casino said:

I hope they make the best of it, pal

Only asked cos i know my mum and dad lived for their grandkids

And their dogs   :)

covid wouldnt have stopped em coming round at christmas

Thanks pal 

Will have them round in a few weeks when they have been vaccinated so they can see the kids 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

That's what I don't get at all. Faced with an unprecedented pandemic that could kill millions, some folk's first thought is how can I leverage this to make a fortune for themselves. Corrupt is the word she wanted. 

I am pretty sure even the Tory Boys on here would distance themselves from this. Surely this is illegal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Casino said:

Fucking hell, they must be old. :)

casino, orphaned at 50

:)

I still have one left and I'm 47. 95 she is, in a care home, not really there but made of granite. Got covid and beat it, actually gave it to her carer! 

Edited by jayjayoghani
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

That's what I don't get at all. Faced with an unprecedented pandemic that could kill millions, some folk's first thought is how can I leverage this to make a fortune for themselves. Corrupt is the word she wanted. 

When the shit really hits the fan economically. When taxes are going up left right and centre to start to pay for it all 

The day will come when a witch hunt begins for all those bastards who have taken out (beyond what’s reasonable)

From the scumbags claiming loans when they don’t have a business to the PPE contracts handed to ‘friends’ 

It will be time to tar and feather the dick heads

I think they will give them an amnesty to hand it back, after that the hunt begins 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

When the shit really hits the fan economically. When taxes are going up left right and centre to start to pay for it all 

The day will come when a witch hunt begins for all those bastards who have taken out (beyond what’s reasonable)

From the scumbags claiming loans when they don’t have a business to the PPE contracts handed to ‘friends’ 

It will be time to tar and feather the dick heads

I think they will give them an amnesty to hand it back, after that the hunt begins 

This - Nailed on. Someones going to have to pay back the 12 Billion quid (and counting) that this pandemic has cost the UK so far

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.