Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Esco - will it start Thursday do you think?

Just wondering how many people I can invite round.

I don’t believe it will be a blanket implementation. but it’s only what I’m being told. It could be wrong. But he’s been right so far on everything. He works within a critical industry so they are being engaged with by this government who do no planning or thinking about their actions.  

One of the wifes colleagues lives alone but has just found out that the 2 people she spent xmas day with have both tested positive.

She doesnt get paid if off sick and rang the NHS helpline for advice on whether to get tested and if she could go in work.  They said something about false negatives which meant testing wouldn't be worth it but couldn't tell her what to do about work.

Her work thankfully have told her to stay at feckin home for 10 days. 

12 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

One of the wifes colleagues lives alone but has just found out that the 2 people she spent xmas day with have both tested positive.

She doesnt get paid if off sick and rang the NHS helpline for advice on whether to get tested and if she could go in work.  They said something about false negatives which meant testing wouldn't be worth it but couldn't tell her what to do about work.

Her work thankfully have told her to stay at feckin home for 10 days. 

Had a similar conversation when step daughter had a client tell she had tested positive. The guy checked and said long enough had passed (can not remember how many days) 

She reopened after having a negative test but has now decided to shut up shop for a few days. Problem is as self employed deciding to do that means she gets no money. 

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Had a similar conversation when step daughter had a client tell she had tested positive. The guy checked and said long enough had passed (can not remember how many days) 

She reopened after having a negative test but has now decided to shut up shop for a few days. Problem is as self employed deciding to do that means she gets no money. 

She will have had some money. Maybe not as much as she would have without closing.

3 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

She will have had some money. Maybe not as much as she would have without closing.

What ? She gets no money from the day she closes is what I meant.  She has had no contact from track and trace so the decision to close is hers. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

What ? She gets no money from the day she closes is what I meant.  She has had no contact from track and trace so the decision to close is hers. 

I know. The government gave small businesses 3 months grant (80% of average earnings) from November to the end of January to cover business interruption. 

Just now, Boby Brno said:

I know. The government gave small businesses 3 months grant (80% of average earnings) from November to the end of January to cover business interruption. 

Yeah she falls into a gap as only recently set up so no accounts. She got some JSA previously. In our tier her business can in theory stay open. If as expected the rules change so might get something. 
She lives with so not starving. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

Yeah she falls into a gap as only recently set up so no accounts. She got some JSA previously. In our tier her business can in theory stay open. If as expected the rules change so might get something. 

Ok. Sorry about that. Small businesses have been looked after with similar support to the furlough scheme but new businesses have fallen through the trap. Hope everything goes ok with her. It’s difficult starting up but more so today.

7 minutes ago, Ani said:

I thought she could still claim. As whether she’s open or not her business is affected. Might be wrong though but she might want to double check. 

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Cases in the village actually went down the last week!

Hope it stays that way.

Has to, sooner or later.

2.3m have had it + loads more (16,000 in Bolton)

Many folks are keeping themselves out of the way

And then the vaccine

There'll be a diminishing number of hosts

Then the media will wonder what happened

Edited by boltondiver

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I thought she could still claim. As whether she’s open or not her business is affected. Might be wrong though but she might want to double check. 

She has asked , could only get JSA last time and they said no. 

No criticism of the Govt intended btw. Only been working a few months so just nothing to base it on. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

She has asked , could only get JSA last time and they said no. 

No criticism of the Govt intended btw. Only been working a few months so just nothing to base it on. 

Never thought you were criticizing anyone mate 

Just hoping I was right so she could get summat. What a bad time to be starting out.  But she’s lucky she has you to support her so could be much worse 

39 minutes ago, Ani said:

In the case I mentioned she works for a private healthcare provider. No furlough but then no sick pay either.  She didnt want to lose a days pay but thankfully wanted to do the right thing more.  Just a pity the helpline gave her such a bum steer.

10 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

In the case I mentioned she works for a private healthcare provider. No furlough but then no sick pay either.  She didnt want to lose a days pay but thankfully wanted to do the right thing more.  Just a pity the helpline gave her such a bum steer.

Out of interest has she had any contact from test and trace ? 

Not sure if the client gave Step Ds details but we never heard anything. 

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Has to, sooner or later.

2.3m have had it + loads more (16,000 in Bolton)

Many folks are keeping themselves out of the way

And then the vaccine

There'll be a diminishing number of hosts

Then the media will wonder what happened

Eventually, but we're some way from that yet I think.

Still not known how long antibodies last neither, so second rounds might be on the way.

Oxford researchers' work is key for me.

Fingers crossed for quick approval. 

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

On the local scene, Bolton up slightly by 7.6% to 162.1/100,000. 290th in the country. Compared with other regions, that’s pretty good. Will it save us from tier 4 though?

Big jump in Stockport. Still just over half of the national average but not good.

My sister is a District Nurse and apparently the care homes are awful again; loads of end of life care patients.

Shes had her vaccine training today, so just waiting to be told what the plan is now.

I don’t think this thing has bottomed out yet sadly 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Eventually, but we're some way from that yet I think.

Still not known how long antibodies last neither, so second rounds might be on the way.

Oxford researchers' work is key for me.

Fingers crossed for quick approval. 

have they ever had a immunization thing for ANY cold virus ? 

this is still up

https://www.cdc.gov/features/rhinoviruses/

"There is no vaccine to protect you against the common cold"

and ::lol::, this lists six others by name in addition to the Tom Hanks disease* version of the corona types

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/types.html

dunno why i remember this one specifically but it stuck in my mind , probably because it was after sars1 or the swine flu thing , thus , really recent-

"HCoV-NL63 is a species of coronavirus, specifically a Setracovirus from among the Alphacoronavirus genus. It was identified in late 2004 in a seven-month-old child with bronchiolitis in the Netherlands."

wouldnt have predicted the new plague being a cough of some sort, some skin melty thing or a zombie grasshopper parasite going rogue on great ape mammals, maybe..

but not "this food tastes funny , is it just me?"

* remember that

Edited by e2e4
typo

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

have they ever had a immunization thing for ANY cold virus ? 

this is still up

https://www.cdc.gov/features/rhinoviruses/

"There is no vaccine to protect you against the common cold"

and :::lol:::, this lists six others by name in addition to the Tom Hanks disease* version of the corona types

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/types.html

dunno why i remember this one specifically but it stuck in my mind , probably because it was after sars1 or the swine flu thing , thus , really recent-

"HCoV-NL63 is a species of coronavirus, specifically a Setracovirus from among the Alphacoronavirus genus. It was identified in late 2004 in a seven-month-old child with bronchiolitis in the Netherlands."

wouldnt have predicted the new plague being a cough of some sort, some skin melty thing or a zombie grasshopper parasite going rogue on great ape mammals, maybe..

but not "this food tastes funny , is it just me?"

* remember that

Dread to think what that said before it was edited.