Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Fuck that 

Friday I’m off I’m taking the kids to the beach

I’ll social distance but that’s it, can’t go abroad, now can’t leave the county, bollocks time to crack on

And that's what pisses people in my industry off.

First sign of good weather in this country and the beaches are rammed. People from the top 10 covid areas (all in NW!) can just toddle off to a packed beach.

Yet, you can't go and sit on a virtually isolated one overseas without jumping through a series of fucking hoops!

Get this for a week away...

Day 1/2/3 PCR-test
Day 4 Fly out for a week holiday
Day 8/9/10 Covid test in resort (can be PCR, LAMP, LFT)
Day 11 Fly home
Day 13 PCR test (the day 2 test)
Day 16 PCR Test to Release if you want to end quarantine early
Day 19 PCR test (the day 8 test)
Day 21 last day of quarantine
Day 22 you can go out/to work etc

Now I fully understand the first test, that's to get you into a foreign country, that's fair
And the same again in resort, so you can come home.

If you come home with a negative result, you test again on your 2nd full day home.
If that's also negative, why the fuck are we isolating for another 8 days?

If you pay the extra to do the day 5 test to release and it's negative, you're free to go out etc BUT you still have have the day 8 test : WHY?

If the day 8 test is negative, you still have to complete isolation, despite having at least 4 negative tests : WHY?

• Members
6 minutes ago, Traf said:

And that's what pisses people in my industry off.

First sign of good weather in this country and the beaches are rammed. People from the top 10 covid areas (all in NW!) can just toddle off to a packed beach.

Yet, you can't go and sit on a virtually isolated one overseas without jumping through a series of fucking hoops!

Get this for a week away...

Day 1/2/3 PCR-test
Day 4 Fly out for a week holiday
Day 8/9/10 Covid test in resort (can be PCR, LAMP, LFT)
Day 11 Fly home
Day 13 PCR test (the day 2 test)
Day 16 PCR Test to Release if you want to end quarantine early
Day 19 PCR test (the day 8 test)
Day 21 last day of quarantine
Day 22 you can go out/to work etc

Now I fully understand the first test, that's to get you into a foreign country, that's fair
And the same again in resort, so you can come home.

If you come home with a negative result, you test again on your 2nd full day home.
If that's also negative, why the fuck are we isolating for another 8 days?

If you pay the extra to do the day 5 test to release and it's negative, you're free to go out etc BUT you still have have the day 8 test : WHY?

If the day 8 test is negative, you still have to complete isolation, despite having at least 4 negative tests : WHY?

My mate and his Mrs are in a predicament that really just doesn’t make sense, to go to a wedding abroad they would have to jump through so many hoops that would mean it would be touch and go whether they could be home in time for returning to work when really they should have 5 days left 

3 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Do owt for 9 months off me pal. 

Interesting 

• 2 years later...
On 22/01/2020 at 12:57, Rudy said:

Slow news day? The real deal? End of the world? 

They’re saying it probably came from an animal, has Somebody been shagging monkeys again? 

What a 3 years since this post.

On 24/02/2020 at 05:35, Rudy said:

On a private chartered plane to Madrid tomorrow, we’ve been told in the event of an out break in Madrid we would face quarantine and to carry all essential items in case we need to spend an amount of time in quarantine and can’t return home.

I assume it’s just precautionary but it made it all feel very real.

👀

• Members
On 19/06/2023 at 20:17, L/H White said:

mudslinger

...and missing the far more important point. It's now come out that the first three to contract the virus all worked at the Wuhan virus centre

https://nypost.com/2023/06/15/we-now-know-the-first-3-people-to-get-covid-worked-in-the-wuhan-lab-will-the-us-government-act/

Trump was ridiculed when he labelled it the 'Chinese virus'. By many on here too. I suppose they will keep a low profile now?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

...and missing the far more important point. It's now come out that the first three to contract the virus all worked at the Wuhan virus centre

https://nypost.com/2023/06/15/we-now-know-the-first-3-people-to-get-covid-worked-in-the-wuhan-lab-will-the-us-government-act/

Trump was ridiculed when he labelled it the 'Chinese virus'. By many on here too. I suppose they will keep a low profile now?

Every knew where it came from 

But as president he has a duty to not talk about it in a way that might see folk blame anyone Chinese

Reading that article not sure why there'd be any cover up or reason to block reporting or investigation of how it started 

Early on I read (and posted a link) to an article that identified the source being bats in a cave taken to a lab with shoddy hygiene practices 

Think it was important to carry out these investigations to rule out the ridiculous notion that it was a man made weapon deliberately made and released to affect world economics in favour of China 

I liked it though when trump called it "Kung flu"

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Trump is ridiculed for pretty much everything he does, but I think his Kung Flu comment was actually greeted with a fair amount of amusement.

His was ridiculed for suggesting folk inject bleach as a cure.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Trump is ridiculed for pretty much everything he does, but I think his Kung Flu comment was actually greeted with a fair amount of amusement.

His was ridiculed for suggesting folk inject bleach as a cure.

Forgot about that one 🤣

Ultimately the majority of the American population realised they'd rather have someone who listens to the experts lead their country in an era of climate change and pandemics. 

Tbf, at the time I did think the lab thing was a conspiracy. Still don't think it was leaked on purpose though.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Forgot about that one 🤣

Ultimately the majority of the American population realised they'd rather have someone who listens to the experts lead their country in an era of climate change and pandemics. 

Tbf, at the time I did think the lab thing was a conspiracy. Still don't think it was leaked on purpose though.

Same here.

So the cover up is more about not losing face over piss poor safety practices.

2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Same here.

So the cover up is more about not losing face over piss poor safety practices.

You'd have to be completely incompetent to release something from a BSL4 Laboratory, which is the type of lab that was allegedly established as ground zero.

Lab operatives should be completely isolated from anything they handle either by wearing positive pressure suits or by only handling within a suitably rated safety cabinet or isolator. Direct human contact with anything potentially dangerous is not allowed.

Everything and anything that leaves such a facility should be decontaminated at least once before it does - Air is HEPA filtered twice, all equipment/utensils are bleached and then autoclaved, wastewater is treated etc. Even the lab users are supposed to have at least one shower before they leave.

If I was to hazard a guess I suspect they were looking at something in a lab with a lower classification, probably a BSL3, where the safety procedures and standards are nowhere near as high and that is where any cover-up lies

59 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

You'd have to be completely incompetent to release something from a BSL4 Laboratory, which is the type of lab that was allegedly established as ground zero.

Lab operatives should be completely isolated from anything they handle either by wearing positive pressure suits or by only handling within a suitably rated safety cabinet or isolator. Direct human contact with anything potentially dangerous is not allowed.

Everything and anything that leaves such a facility should be decontaminated at least once before it does - Air is HEPA filtered twice, all equipment/utensils are bleached and then autoclaved, wastewater is treated etc. Even the lab users are supposed to have at least one shower before they leave.

If I was to hazard a guess I suspect they were looking at something in a lab with a lower classification, probably a BSL3, where the safety procedures and standards are nowhere near as high and that is where any cover-up lies

I read that as Bolton postcodes at first! So the posh labs would be in BL4 but the crappier ones would be in Deane in BL3