Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Seeing loads of dead birds, 

Reckon the pigeon and gull population is going to reduce ! 

hopefully. seagulls are cunts TRIPLE FACT. nightmare on the front by us. 

Never understood why people feed them

OK, guys, here's my take on the Jet 2 announcement...

They say they'll resume activity on June 17th, which is 10 weeks tomorrow.
Up to last night, their resumption date was May 1st.

So now, all holidays scheduled from May 1st to June 16th have already been paid for in full, as Jet 2 terms are 10 weeks to departure and are now offered the following : rebook, credit note or refund.

Refund is the client's best option if they need the money. Rebook/Credit Note suits the industry best, as we don't need to find the cash to pay you back. If you're still wanting a holiday, then a rebook now is your best option, prices will rise as time goes on (supply v demand).

Whether Jet2 will resume on 17/06 is doubtful, all they've done today is push back a resumption date for everyone whose money they've already collected.

38 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I went to Benidorm once. It was far worse than I imagined it was. Fucking horrific 

full of ex-Pats, all raving on about how brilliant England is, in flip flops, eating all day breakfasts and watching re-runs of "Only Fools & Horses" or playing Bingo whilst drinking cheap shit lager at €1 a pint, what's not to like

Edited by Sweep

21 minutes ago, Traf said:

OK, guys, here's my take on the Jet 2 announcement...

They say they'll resume activity on June 17th, which is 10 weeks tomorrow.
Up to last night, their resumption date was May 1st.

So now, all holidays scheduled from May 1st to June 16th have already been paid for in full, as Jet 2 terms are 10 weeks to departure and are now offered the following : rebook, credit note or refund.

Refund is the client's best option if they need the money. Rebook/Credit Note suits the industry best, as we don't need to find the cash to pay you back. If you're still wanting a holiday, then a rebook now is your best option, prices will rise as time goes on (supply v demand).

Whether Jet2 will resume on 17/06 is doubtful, all they've done today is push back a resumption date for everyone whose money they've already collected.

If we take a credit note, how do we stand if Jet2 go bust? Ideally I’d like to just rebook, but that won’t be an option until wtf is going on from a work point of view and being able to get time off. 

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If we take a credit note, how do we stand if Jet2 go bust? Ideally I’d like to just rebook, but that won’t be an option until wtf is going on from a work point of view and being able to get time off. 

Believe they were pushing for the credit notes to have the same protection as ABTA protection.

Is there an update on that Traf? 

Pointless getting overconcerned about the reported death rate as it only reports folk who a) were tested b) were admitted to hospital (many aren't) c) died there and d) had their deaths registered. Plus there was an unsubstantiated rumour knocking about that these deaths could only be added to the official figures if the next of kin gave written consent to do so - perhaps someone in the know could advise about that? And another rumour that some pathologists were being told to put the cause of death down as pneumonia - which is probably technically correct.

A dated credit note should carry the same ATOL/ABTA protection as a booked holiday. The open ended ones are the ones that need clarifying.

Jet2 shouldn't be going bust, but a run on refunds will severely test their cash flow and as our resident erudite vision technician has already pointed out in the past, it's the lack of cashflow that kills you, not debt levels.

Reading raabs comments today we and the reference to the medical Evidence it would appear that Monday is a slam dunk Carry on in this lockdown life scenario and we will update you in 3 weeks. Toodle pip. 

and it came as a shock to me that we at e now 3/4 weeks behind Italy according to the medical experts I for some reason thought it was stated as 2? Or have I misread this somewhere along the way?

It’s fucking grim this 

1 minute ago, Traf said:

A dated credit note should carry the same ATOL/ABTA protection as a booked holiday. The open ended ones are the ones that need clarifying.

Jet2 shouldn't be going bust, but a run on refunds will severely test their cash flow and as our resident erudite vision technician has already pointed out in the past, it's the lack of cashflow that kills you, not debt levels.

Turnover is vanity 

profit is sanity 

cash flow is reality 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Reading raabs comments today we and the reference to the medical Evidence it would appear that Monday is a slam dunk Carry on in this lockdown life scenario and we will update you in 3 weeks. Toodle pip. 

and it came as a shock to me that we at e now 3/4 weeks behind Italy according to the medical experts I for some reason thought it was stated as 2? Or have I misread this somewhere along the way?

It’s fucking grim this 

The 2 weeks was in terms of deaths.. so 3/4 weeks would be an improvement.. we have slowed it down

17 minutes ago, Traf said:

Not too bothered about taking our deposit as a credit note or even writing it off for the sake of £180, but it’ll be a different kettle of fish once we’ve paid out the 2 grand. At least we’ve got a few weeks in hand to see how the land lies. 

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not too bothered about taking our deposit as a credit note or even writing it off for the sake of £180, but it’ll be a different kettle of fish once we’ve paid out the 2 grand. At least we’ve got a few weeks in hand to see how the land lies. 

When are you due to travel?

22 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

The 2 weeks was in terms of deaths.. so 3/4 weeks would be an improvement.. we have slowed it down

But that was never how it was positioned to us. Always a mention of we are tracking 2 weeks behind Italy. Today we are tracking 3-4 weeks behind. No mention that we are slowing it and the 3/4 weeks is a good thing just we are now 3/4 weeks behind.  I like things explaining clearly to me and that really isn’t clear what they have said today 

24 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

If they're slowing down now, surely we want to be there in 2 weeks not 3/4? 

What did I miss out?

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

When are you due to travel?

Not until second week of August. Other half is due on her mate’s hen do to Prague at the end of June but that’s been practically written off now. And with no insurance, sadly (against my advice at the time).