Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Recommended Posts

  • Members
2 minutes ago, Casino said:

Away from the stats

Some folk might think I'm critical of the authorities just for the sake of it

GPS surgeries have finally been told officially that they need to open tomorrow

And they are to communicate the fact to their patients

 

 

My wife has been drafted into a GP surgery. She hasn’t practiced in a surgery in 3 years but they’re short and prepping for the peak this weekend 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
7 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

My wife has been drafted into a GP surgery. She hasn’t practiced in a surgery in 3 years but they’re short and prepping for the peak this weekend 

But CV types aren't supposed to get in the surgery

My expert on the subject suggests your Mrs won't be busy

I'll message you

 

No I won't, you peasant. No messages for you

Edited by Casino
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Is there a drop of 200? Today's total figure is 887 isn't it? The 765 is just for England

Sadly, I reckon until we see declines for at least 4 or 5 consecutive days, we can't really get to excited about anything getting better

I misread the numbers assuming 765 was the total.

Lack of sleep is catching up on me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Fancy wasting a question to the forgeign secretary and asking him his thoughts on a blind warehouse worker called jo :D

What a nob head.  

I'm honestly struggling to work out how a blind worker works in a picking warehouse

Unless they're not blind in the way I think of blind being

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Casino said:

I'm honestly struggling to work out how a blind worker works in a picking warehouse

Unless they're not blind in the way I think of blind being

Probably Lidl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Casino said:

I think we had just decided the stats can't be trusted

New cases can't be trusted as a guide cos we don't test enough

Deaths can't be trusted as collating data takes time, people live for differing lengths of time before dieing

I honestly don't see which of the figures being produced are an indicator of anything

 

Peely?

 

Although the death figures aren't complete and immediate, I think they are measuring in a fairly consistent manner (when compared to new cases) so it's probably the most accurate daily data we have to measure from but it's not great in telling us how the infection is spreading today, which is what we really want to know. Although heartless, the people who are already infected today can't be helped so much, we want to stop new infections.

The flattening of the rise in daily hospital admissions is very promising, and gives us a picture of what's happening a week or so before the death figures,  however Vallance just said that he expects the death rate to continue to rise for 2 weeks after the daily infected and hospital admissions number drops consistently, and we aren't there yet.

he also said we are doubling in deaths every 6 days

I hope he's wrong, and if not, I hope that the doubling rate is going to slow further, otherwise we'll be at  2,700 deaths a day, plus the missing dead from care homes, in a couple of weeks

881 today for UK - 938 yesterday

lockdown restrictions aren't  going anywhere for weeks

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Although the death figures aren't complete and immediate, I think they are measuring in a fairly consistent manner (when compared to new cases) so it's probably the most accurate daily data we have to measure from but it's not great in telling us how the infection is spreading today, which is what we really want to know. Although heartless, the people who are already infected today can't be helped so much, we want to stop new infections.

The flattening of the rise in daily hospital admissions is very promising, and gives us a picture of what's happening a week or so before the death figures,  however Vallance just said that he expects the death rate to continue to rise for 2 weeks after the daily infected and hospital admissions number drops consistently, and we aren't there yet.

he also said we are doubling in deaths every 6 days

I hope he's wrong, and if not, I hope that the doubling rate is going to slow further, otherwise we'll be at  2,700 deaths a day, plus the missing dead from care homes, in a couple of weeks

881 today for UK - 938 yesterday

lockdown restrictions aren't  going anywhere for weeks

  

I thought the graphs of new infections, and of admissions (icu?) we're interesting and quite pleasing.

Flattening off is good- hopefully the media will emphasise this somewhat to help show folk that all this isolating is working.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Most interesting bit from that was that Whitty believes that the amount of people in the country who've already had the disease will be less than 10%.

around 3 million is the estimate I've seen 

0.9% is the true death rate most reputable analysis is going with, that means 27K dead in this mini peak. how many of them would have died in the next few weeks anyway is anyone's guess at the moment, there will be some but no idea what % - will probably be several weeks after that we get the real figures.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

Drop of 200 in a day, surely a good thing..

JUst hope that people continue to follow the social distancing. 

I drove down Halliwell Rd today. There were cunts all over the place. If this is supposed to be a lockdown then we are massively fucking it up. Or Halliwell is anyway. Was honestly worse than a normal sunny day when we used to live down that way. Kids playing out. Scrotes in deckchairs on the pavement. Neighbours chatting to each other. People in groups of 4 or 5 milling about. Absolute joke.

Mosque looked shut though! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Casino said:

I think we had just decided the stats can't be trusted

New cases can't be trusted as a guide cos we don't test enough

Deaths can't be trusted as collating data takes time, people live for differing lengths of time before dieing

I honestly don't see which of the DAILY figures being produced are an indicator of anything

 

Peely?

 

Assuming it's the same for all countries then that sort of levels it and we just look at Italy and Spain to see where we're heading

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I drove down Halliwell Rd today. There were cunts all over the place. If this is supposed to be a lockdown then we are massively fucking it up. Or Halliwell is anyway. Was honestly worse than a normal sunny day when we used to live down that way. Kids playing out. Scrotes in deckchairs on the pavement. Neighbours chatting to each other. People in groups of 4 or 5 milling about. Absolute joke.

Mosque looked shut though! :)

Aye and i bet you won't spot a Muslim up rivvy pike tomorrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye and i bet you won't spot a Muslim up rivvy pike tomorrow

Not certain if that's sarcastic or not. 

Going to be a fair few fines handed out tomorrow, loads on social media but people dont use it as much as is made out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Assuming it's the same for all countries then that sort of levels it and we just look at Italy and Spain to see where we're heading

France are including their care home dead, about 1.4k historic care home deaths added on last week, not so sure about Italy and Spain - Germany are only including autopsy confirmed covid, so possibly more accurate but a longer delay.

I suspect out true number is more like France at the moment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

10% of 70 million still 7 million, huge numbers.

 

Well, he said single digits %-wise - so somewhere between the 60,000 who've tested positive and 7million.

It's a big number, but way off the 80% that was touted a couple of weeks ago. If 90+% of the country hasn't had it, I struggle to see how we can expect a return to complete normality for a very long time.

Rinse and repeat lockdowns costing 100s of billions a go?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

 

Well, he said single digits %-wise - so somewhere between the 60,000 who've tested positive and 7million.

It's a big number, but way off the 80% that was touted a couple of weeks ago. If 90+% of the country hasn't had it, I struggle to see how we can expect a return to complete normality for a very long time.

Rinse and repeat lockdowns costing 100s of billions a go?

If no one passes it to anyone else, the virus stops and disappears.

Social distancing can work to defeat it, but only if everyone does it.

Doesn't need a herd immunity if the virus is wiped out.

Of course, this is an idealised scenario, and isn't likely to be the reality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

10% of 70 million still 7 million, huge numbers.

Did I read earlier that we can expect 80% to get it?

Long way to go............

Edited by boltondiver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.