Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next season’s away Trips

Rudy

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Different club, old one went bust so they had to start at the bottom and work their way up. Different ground as well, they share with the rugby union team(s) now.

I'd forgotten that, great story, went bust late 80s a year after we'd beaten their kids 6-0.  They only moved to Rodney Parade in  2012 and got back into the league a year later.

I'm quite happy to see Notts County slowly climbing up the play off places, that would make at least one of the aways next season a lot easier for me at least.

Be quite happy with any of the current top 10 in National League coming up to be honest, with the exception of Yeovil. CBA with that again.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

If it goes to plan, can finish off all 92 clubs ( not grounds ) seeing Bolton on every one. I  need Exeter to stay down.

Coming up, I'm hoping for Boreham Wood or Dover.........not Yeovil or Stockport.    

Which 92 though?

Its always changing these days, half the conference have been in the league

May as well call it the 116 now the conference is, presumably, full time pros

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Which 92 though?

Its always changing these days, half the conference have been in the league

May as well call it the 116 now the conference is, presumably, full time pros

Aye, that's what i was getting at, it will be just for next season's 92.

Nowadays you probably need to be in div 2 to get to see your club play at all 92 current league  clubs unless you get lucky with having already been to the clubs who come up from the conference,

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm fairly sure its all seated for away fans, whenever I've seen EFL goals this season I've not seen any fans behind the away end, they're in the big stand where the camera is, happy to be corrected.

According to the football ground guide website the allocation is 2k seating down the side 

for larger support the terrace behind the goal is used 1700 

12 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm fairly sure its all seated for away fans, whenever I've seen EFL goals this season I've not seen any fans behind the away end, they're in the big stand where the camera is, happy to be corrected.

Has it even been used since they gave up trying to realign the pitch years ago? I can't remember seeing anything on that terrace apart from away flags, for years.

1 hour ago, peebles said:

Carlisle open terrace behind goal to large away followings.

Nailed on if a Sat ko.

We ended up on that end Boxing Day 1970 after it kicked off big time on the other end just before kick off and we were all moved to the open end. Not many Bolton there that day and my coach was fully of nutters and many didn't make the journey back after a battle when we came out. Anyone off here go to that game?