Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Furlough Roll Call


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Traf said:

I think today is the day that employers can claim the furlough cash, isn't it?

apparently so, they reckon they can process up to 450K claims per hour.................67K claims already made in the first 30 minutes

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Other benefits aren’t affected I think pal.    My place are saying to folk we will pay you the extra 20% if you burn a weeks holiday which is fair enough I think and gives folk the choice then

Can I request it because trying to work from home with 2 kids is giving me a stress induced heart attack!   

Ok so forget the furlough bit as that has muddied the water in your thinking.    He is in essence being made redundant here. But retrospectively.  As such he is protected by the laws around t

19 minutes ago, Sweep said:

apparently so, they reckon they can process up to 450K claims per hour.................67K claims already made in the first 30 minutes

And payments made within 6 days.

Which (and I apologise for banging on about it) makes the treatment of Self-Employed folk look even shabbier. We will be invited to apply in June and get a decision/payment 3 weeks later.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Traf said:

And payments made within 6 days.

Which (and I apologise for banging on about it) makes the treatment of Self-Employed folk look even shabbier. We will be invited to apply in June and get a decision/payment 3 weeks later.  

You self employed traf?

never mentioned😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Traf said:

And payments made within 6 days.

 

Even though its miles better than the deal you tax dodgers are getting, its still nit good enough for some of mine

Due to be paid today and its a crisis as it might be a week late

Im fortunate that i dont have many fixed outgoings but if i did, id sure as fuck been on to my landlord or bank weeks back

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, bwfc2003 said:

I am the employer and just managed to get online and submit my claim

Good stuff

I was expecting massive crashage of the system

We had 2 under starters orders this morning

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casino said:

Even though its miles better than the deal you tax dodgers are getting, its still nit good enough for some of mine

Due to be paid today and its a crisis as it might be a week late

Im fortunate that i dont have many fixed outgoings but if i did, id sure as fuck been on to my landlord or bank weeks back

Tax dodgers? How dare you.

Tax avoiders.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does an employer go online and make this claim every 3 weeks for their furloughed staff ?

So if you were going to unfurlough (if that's a word) someone you would wait until you had claimed for the previous 3 week period and then have em back in and not include them on the next claim OR have em back in whenever and just don't include them on the claim.

If that makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
On 17/04/2020 at 19:30, Casino said:

Out of interest what are you being told about holidays

Don't want to be a dick with my lot but same time, I can't afford em all coming back with full holidays

I know morrisons are not allowing folk to cancel holidays for that exact reason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone any idea if an employer can do this?

Mate has been waiting five weeks for his furlough confirmation and cash and now his employer has sent him a letter saying that he's decided not to furlough, confirmed that he has been released from his contract from his last working day over five weeks ago but will re-employ him when the business opens again.

Sounds well dodgy to me.  Probably pocketing the cash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Thorpey said:

Anyone any idea if an employer can do this?

Mate has been waiting five weeks for his furlough confirmation and cash and now his employer has sent him a letter saying that he's decided not to furlough, confirmed that he has been released from his contract from his last working day over five weeks ago but will re-employ him when the business opens again.

Sounds well dodgy to me.  Probably pocketing the cash.

Redundancy due then surely?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Thorpey said:

Anyone any idea if an employer can do this?

Mate has been waiting five weeks for his furlough confirmation and cash and now his employer has sent him a letter saying that he's decided not to furlough, confirmed that he has been released from his contract from his last working day over five weeks ago but will re-employ him when the business opens again.

Sounds well dodgy to me.  Probably pocketing the cash.

If he's and actual full time employee then his employer will need to give him his P45 from when he stopped working, so his employer won't be able to pocket the furlough cash.

By you saying he's been released from his contract though, makes it sound like he's a contractor? If so, I'm not sure he'd qualify for furlough anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Thorpey said:

Anyone any idea if an employer can do this?

Mate has been waiting five weeks for his furlough confirmation and cash and now his employer has sent him a letter saying that he's decided not to furlough, confirmed that he has been released from his contract from his last working day over five weeks ago but will re-employ him when the business opens again.

Sounds well dodgy to me.  Probably pocketing the cash.

Do employers get the cash to distribute or does the money go direct to the employee?

I'd assume the latter, but, sounds like something has come up when filling out the furlough application that's put the boss off applying

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

If he's and actual full time employee then his employer will need to give him his P45 from when he stopped working, so his employer won't be able to pocket the furlough cash.

By you saying he's been released from his contract though, makes it sound like he's a contractor? If so, I'm not sure he'd qualify for furlough anyway.

To clarify - he is employed and paid via PAYE

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, Casino said:

It goes to the employer

In which case it'd be fairly easy to find out if an employer got cash for furloghed employees but didn't distribute it to them

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

In which case it'd be fairly easy to find out if an employer got cash for furloghed employees but didn't distribute it to them

In theory

But good luck getting through to hmrc

Link to post
Share on other sites

As said above, he's going to have to give the bloke his P45 as of 5 weeks ago. If his employer is claiming furlough for him after that date then HMRC will surely rumble him.

They'll be all over going after employers claiming furlough fraudulently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Casino said:

In theory

But good luck getting through to hmrc

Might as well try, or write a letter, better than doing nowt

Or the HRMC set up a system that allows you to check what you're due when you input your NI number

They aren't just going to sit back and let employees fuck their staff over

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.