Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Furlough Roll Call


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Other benefits aren’t affected I think pal.    My place are saying to folk we will pay you the extra 20% if you burn a weeks holiday which is fair enough I think and gives folk the choice then

Can I request it because trying to work from home with 2 kids is giving me a stress induced heart attack!   

Ok so forget the furlough bit as that has muddied the water in your thinking.    He is in essence being made redundant here. But retrospectively.  As such he is protected by the laws around t

  • Members

Not sure how it works for him then. He was given the job in December. You may recall we had to tell another employer he wouldn't be taking a job with them in January. Anyway, after 3 months of fuck all while some government agency did background checks, he eventually started on 16th March. The hold-up caused because he lived in Germany for just over 6 months three or four years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stevieb said:

Need to be careful. Don't know what you do but if hmrc know you've been working your employer may not be getting paid. 

Already reckon some businesses will be furloughing staff without them knowing, getting em to crack on 100% and topping wages up so they don't know the government has paid most of their wages. 

Anyone doing so is a cunt and I hope they get strung out by hmrc! 

 

We've had to add a new pay category to sage that states "furlough pay" I'm not sure if this directive came from sage themselves or elsewhere as I don't usually do the wages

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Furlough. I never knew this word existed until this week.

 

 

 

Leave of absence in English mate.

File alongside 'faucet', 'aluminum' and other such American nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading through some guidance and some links on legal sites last night because in some way I will be part of how things go at our place and  I'm worried that there will be lots of companies who do this incorrectly and end up getting stiffed by HMRC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Leave of absence in English mate.

File alongside 'faucet', 'aluminum' and other such American nonsense.

Doing a little bit of research it seems it has Dutch and Germanic roots before the US military decided to adopt it. Looks like another example of a word infiltrating, and replacing another word that we had no problem with using.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Confirmed today for me along with most of the rest of our staff.

Anyone thinking of going doing a temporary job or some volunteering while they sit at home bored getting their 80% ?

 

Will you not get stung with the HMRC

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Will you not get stung with the HMRC

Correct unfortunately and by stung I mean they will claw back your 80% and you will probably get in a touch of grief 

Edited by Escobarp
Link to post
Share on other sites

The second job won't have any impact on the 80%, it will obviously have an effect on tax/NI paid though. 

Some lads at work already have 2 jobs and the ACAS guidelines are that if they get furloughed from both they are eligible for the 80% at both.

If someone has more than one job

Each job is treated separately. This means they may be able to either:

  • continue to work for their other job
  • be furloughed for both jobs

If they’re furloughed for both jobs, they’ll be eligible for financial support for each job.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

The second job won't have any impact on the 80%, it will obviously have an effect on tax/NI paid though. 

Some lads at work already have 2 jobs and the ACAS guidelines are that if they get furloughed from both they are eligible for the 80% at both.

If someone has more than one job

Each job is treated separately. This means they may be able to either:

  • continue to work for their other job
  • be furloughed for both jobs

If they’re furloughed for both jobs, they’ll be eligible for financial support for each job.

 

I read this to mean if you already have two jobs. Not get 80% and go get another but crack on 👍🏼

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

2 lads at ours who are furloughed are working cash in hand for a local tax dodging builder 

suppose end of the day folk have to do what they can 

That to me is the solution and no issues with that like you say need to put food on the table. But can’t see many cash in hand jobs around tbh for folk and next week can’t see many people working full stop by sounds of it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

If furloughed you can't do paid work for anybody

Even your employer

It may mean I can't be furloughed as I need to do a few bits so they'll end up paying me

But, for what I'm doing, it makes sense to protect the company by 80 percenting me

I don't mind doing a bit

Can see both sides

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

That to me is the solution and no issues with that like you say need to put food on the table. But can’t see many cash in hand jobs around tbh for folk and next week can’t see many people working full stop by sounds of it 

Mate currently there’s loads of building work around here, scaffolding up on most streets

thing is like most others probably these lads make a big bulk of their wage on overtime so it’s a big drop 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Casino said:

If furloughed you can't do paid work for anybody

You 100% on this, even that Martyn Lewis dude who everyone loves was saying you could ?

Odds are I won't do it anyway as like you I'm going to still be doing a bit and if it goes on for much more than the minimum 3 weeks I'll probably jump on that volunteering thing and go deliver medicines etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
28 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

You 100% on this, even that Martyn Lewis dude who everyone loves was saying you could ?

Odds are I won't do it anyway as like you I'm going to still be doing a bit and if it goes on for much more than the minimum 3 weeks I'll probably jump on that volunteering thing and go deliver medicines etc

It's definitely my understanding

As somebody counselled above, keep your head down if you are doing work for your paused employer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.