Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trouble on the terraces

BoltonBoy80

21 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Got a bit naughty down there around 91 time if I remember rightly, think it was the 2-2 draw when we came from 2 down. The car park outside wasn’t a place to hang around.

i remember it booting off at Bradford once too, late 80’s I’d guess. Couple of van loads of Bolton having a right set too on the street at the side of the chicken run terrace. I’d only be mid teens then but remember watching it in awe

I've got that 2-2 on DVD somewhere. There was a very hostile little crew to the right of the Bolton fans in the shallow home terrace down the side. After our equaliser they were over the perimeter and on the march over the goalmouth toward the away end before being stopped in their tracks by the OB. They meant business .... and they still did outside afterwards when they were weaving in and out of queuing cars searching for away fans.

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Strong memories of the 70s and 90s Stoke games mentioned above. But there's actually a more recent memory with them. When they tried to get in to the East Stand from the South in the aftermatch of Ivan Klasnic snatching a late winner against the around a decade or so ago. They were not happy little Stokies that day!!

Their assault over the fence at Scott’s was short lived as they picked on the wrong bunch of blokes who should’ve known better at their age :)

Fun and games on way back from Wembley as well. 

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Their assault over the fence at Scott’s was short lived as they picked on the wrong bunch of blokes who should’ve known better at their age :)

Fun and games on way back from Wembley as well. 

Think I heard of incidents at most service stations between London & stoke on way back😀

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

When we score the 1st goal, look how many of us are in the Hull end, standard in those days 😁

Fucking steejay behined the goal in an east is east parker 🤣

Haha, not me guv. 

But, a few years before that, we went in numbers and had agro all day.

FD had his steel toe cap boots confiscated by the cops and some young lad lent him his shoes so FD gave him a piggy back to the ground. 😀

We stood our ground all day but then there was a big group of them waiting at the station. Both sides were skins.

Anyway, FD had got his boots back by then and we duly followed him as he smashed into them. They scattered quickly.

He was fcuking fearless.

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

Haha, not me guv. 

FD had his steel toe cap boots confiscated by the cops and some young lad lent him his shoes so FD gave him a piggy back to the ground. 😀

We stood our ground all day but then there was a big group of them waiting at the station. Both sides were skins.

Anyway, FD had got his boots back by then and we duly followed him as he smashed into them. They scattered quickly.

He was fcuking fearless.

Aye,a very handy little fucker was FD back in the day.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Aye,a very handy little fucker was FD back in the day.

Got to be pushing late 60s perhaps even 70. Saw him at Rochdale this season and had a chat. I reckon he'd still take on anybody on a one on one. 

I used to work with his ex wife at Rockerfellas. 

11 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think I heard of incidents at most service stations between London & stoke on way back😀

Yeah me too 😁

Whilst running the other night I observed L'Oréal from a few metres away heading out to the shop. Apparently conditioner false tan and moisturisers are essentials even during a war  

• Members
7 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Apparently he's often seen on the local bowling greens a very sedate pass time for the young F I remember. 

...and Northern Soul events where he is (reputedly) still tearing up the floor.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

...and Northern Soul events where he is (reputedly) still tearing up the floor.

Haha don't know about that P if you'd seen the speed he was walking the last time I saw him at a match this season! Don't tell him I said that though please. 

I remember coming back from somewhere on a coach and a window got smashed by some man u at a service station..anyway driver was fuming so when we got back on motorway he pulled along side a couple of coaches full of man u and the loons on our coach put there windows through with bottles etc....cant remember what year but maybe late 70's iirc..anyone remember..i think it was hereford away that got called off but our coach went all the way down 

54 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

Yeah me too 😁

Whilst running the other night I observed L'Oréal from a few metres away heading out to the shop. Apparently conditioner false tan and moisturisers are essentials even during a war  

I’m thinking more sunbed than fake tan

he will read this thinking you cnuts😀

15 hours ago, Steejay said:

Haha, not me guv. 

He was fcuking fearless.

We always got the better of Hull except for one game a long time back over the xmas period, when Hull had lots of big, hard fuckers nearly all in sheepskins & Bolton  certainly got the worst of it. Fortunately for me ,I was young enough to escape but years later spoke to a Hull fan who said that they would have been fishermen/dockworkers who were off for xmas.

Stories of FD could probably fill a thread on their own, a couple......

Carlisle away....Carlisle were waiting for Bolton fans at the end of the alley so FD led the charge that scattered them but got detained. The PC told him that they were going to batter him in the van so he managed to distract him & break away,  running off into the moors/hills but followed by some Carlisle fans who'd seen what happened. After a while he stopped & saw that only 1 was still chasing, so he turned back & twatted him, & then made his way home by hiding in train toilets all the way.

Oldham away.....at the back of the Chaddy End ,Bolton & Oldham were separated by a line of police & 1 Oldham fan spent the 1st half threatening FD from the other side. Minutes before half time, the nearest PC quietly told FD that he was going for a brew at h/t, so as soon as he went, FD stepped across & knocked the Oldham fan out & then stepped back as he was carted out. When the PC returned he just nodded at FD & nothing more was said !!

15 hours ago, Steejay said:

Haha, not me guv. 

He was fcuking fearless.

Was you on my coach to Carlisle with FD and all the lads? The one when about 50 of us run about 200 of them after the game but when we got round a corner there was only 10 of us left.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, itdiddidit? said:

Yeah me too 😁

L'oreal

Earns a plus one from the harwood jury

14 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

We always got the better of Hull except for one game a long time back over the xmas period, when Hull had lots of big, hard fuckers nearly all in sheepskins & Bolton  certainly got the worst of it. Fortunately for me ,I was young enough to escape but years later spoke to a Hull fan who said that they would have been fishermen/dockworkers who were off for xmas.

Carlisle away....Carlisle were waiting for Bolton fans at the end of the alley so FD led the charge that scattered them but got detained. The PC told him that they were going to batter him in the van so he managed to distract him & break away,  running off into the moors/hills but followed by some Carlisle fans who'd seen what happened. After a while he stopped & saw that only 1 was still chasing, so he turned back & twatted him, & then made his way home by hiding in train toilets all the way.

Thats the one; he went up on my coach - about 10 didn't make it back - only a few of us continued to chase them into the alley and it was a mess round there

14 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Oldham away.....at the back of the Chaddy End ,Bolton & Oldham were separated by a line of police & 1 Oldham fan spent the 1st half threatening FD from the other side. Minutes before half time, the nearest PC quietly told FD that he was going for a brew at h/t, so as soon as he went, FD stepped across & knocked the Oldham fan out & then stepped back as he was carted out. When the PC returned he just nodded at FD & nothing more was said !!

Had a cracking away trip to Charlton in Dec 77 with FD, 4 of us in a hired car what set off on the Friday afteroon, landed in Birmingham for a great pub crawl round the city, met a bluenose in one of the pubs and he told us about an Irish Club what was open nearly all night, so we all went in having a good sing song with the locals, we staggered out about 5 in the morning and gave our Brummie pal a lift to the south of the city. Got on the M 1 soon after and some pricks tried to cut us up, FD said fucking ram em, driver did and they soon fucked off. Got into London and F opened his door into a lamppost before the car stopped and dented the door, we also checked the bodywork on the other side, which was also dented. Had a mooch in the War Museum at Lambeth before the pubs opened, and then made our way to Charlton. Lost 2-1 and slept all the way back. Mate who drove told me he just chucked the hired car keys on the desk and fucked off quickly.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Was you on my coach to Carlisle with FD and all the lads? The one when about 50 of us run about 200 of them after the game but when we got round a corner there was only 10 of us left.

Yep, I remember going into that alley and there was a couple of them with coshes waiting for us. Howard C was right at the front and he was trying to kick the weapon out of one cnut’s hand.

I got detained and we were lined up outside the coach. Howard got charged, I think. They took my name and address but I think I told them, Dave M from Longfield Rd. 😁. I got back on the coach as they knew that I was a nice boy really. 

It was the week after the ‘incident’ with Eric H , facing the Odeon. 🙄

Edited by Steejay